Parent and Kid Reviews on

Fame (2009) Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 6 parent reviews

Sort by:

Should Have Been Renamed "LAME"

I was expecting much, much better, considering the all-star cast and the original's success. But the story line is disjointed, the characters aren't believable and the dancing didn't even make it worthwhile. Extremely disappointing.

12 and up

Lets just start by saying that there is no way this should be rated pg. There were tons of teens drinking at parties and teachers and adults just sitting there watching. Also, one girl (who your kids might recognize from Disney like Hannah Montana and Camp Rock) gets intentionally drunk then throws up. Also there are many kisses. One adult invites this girl to his trailer to audition for a tv show then tricks her and makes out with her and tries to take of her shirt. But she has a boyfriend! Another thing was language. There was just about every swear word in there. I was so surprised! They swore like every 2 minutes! There was way more language than a normal pg movie. Now for violence. This wasn't a huge problem but there were a few issues. First of all, one boy was describing how his sister had gotten killed in a gang shooting then the teacher laughs at him. Also another boy is really depressed and he tries to commit suicide by jumping in front of a train. People pull him back just in time, but it was still a scary scene.. even for me. So all in all, I would reccomend this for ages 12 and up only

Good but confusing

Good but my child found the story a little confusing.

I would only take 14 year olds or older to see this movie. However, save your money.

Highly disappointed! Saw many highlights on Nickelodian Channel that did not include the language, drugs, alchohol, sex or gun violence. We went to see it because my children are dancers. We were looking forward to a much better film!

watch for venom

I loved it, but i would not let my niece or nephew go see it because of the language. The review above failed to mention the g-d, only used once but that should never be in a PG movie. During one moment when a couple kissed which was PG a young boy in the audience went ewwww, which made us all laugh. It was a good movie, some intense moments but i will not spoil it for those who have not seen it.

Dance and Musical Numbers Were Good, The Rest Wasn't

Our family enjoys musical performance of just about any type, but especially singing and dancing. So we were pretty excited about the new Fame coming out. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to our expectations. The dance, music, and acting class performance scenes were well done. However, there was an excessive amount of cursing for a PG film. Kissing was mostly appropriate (mostly between high school aged characters) and not excessively gratuitous except for one scene in which it looked like it was going to proceed to the next step. There was also a scene where an underage girl drank until intoxicated. While most movies with this level of questionable material wouldn't normally deter me from allowing my kids to see it, when it's a bad movie there really isn't a need for the exposure to it. The movie lacks a strong plot line, character development, and acting by a number of the younger actors. It almost appears as though they had to edit out SOOO much material that what they had left just couldn't hang together as a story.