All parent member reviews for Fantasia

Parent of a 1 year old Written byhelenek April 9, 2008

Scene with dinosaurs terrified ME!

My mother told me many years ago that this was my favorite movie when I was very young -- I watch it now and wonder when my son will be able to watch it. I felt the scene with T-Rex killing the Stegasaurus (sp?) to be very disturbing. I love the movie for the music, personally, but don't feel it's appropriate for kids until they're older.
Adult Written byDr.Pepper April 9, 2008

Must-See

A breathtaking movie that delighted me when I was young and will delight your kids too. A great way to introduce children to classical music. There is some topless women but it is in good taste.
Parent of a 7 and 14 year old Written bywavymouth October 5, 2009

good and thrilling too

i love this movie, except that when the dinosaurs die i get the most terrible feeling, like i'm sick.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byGoopee January 13, 2011

Not for young kids

I remember this as the first movie I ever saw at a cinema. I was terrified. The wonderful music is too intense when paired with the animation. Anyone who works with music can explain in great detail. The movie came up in a discussion with audio engineers about the effect of music on emotions. I will not be getting this for my child but may get it for myself.
Parent Written byPlague January 28, 2010

Fantasia

A stunning and riveting movie. A definate must see for the ENTIRE family. In my honest opinion, this movie is much greater than it's sequel for sure. The "Night on Bald Mountain" with Chernabog (or Satan himself), would pose to be scary for sensivite children. Other than that, this movie is a instant classic and will be for all time.
Parent Written bynyjetsfan9 July 28, 2012

Fantasia- Your Mileage May Vary

There are a lot of things to admire in this movie. Kids will really love the Mickey Mouse segment, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, but outside of that, there is not much immediately geared towards younger kids. I do remember I was able to get through the Bald Mountain sequence OK when I was younger, but be careful about that one. Just remember to watch this one with your kids, otherwise there is a lot of stuff that will confuse or frighten your kids. It is still one of Disney's finest, no doubt about it
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 22, 2012

fantasia

are minor quibbles when confronted with the breathtaking artistry that dominates the movie. Families can talk about fantasy vs. reality. How can you tell when something is made up? Can you be sure something is real if you haven't ever seen it? Can something be scary even if you know it's not real?
Parent Written bybohanfamily July 19, 2010

boring

Too boring! I fell asleep watching this movie.