Kid reviews for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Intense, over-full sequel has lots of wizarding violence.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPessimisticteen November 17, 2018

Brilliant!

There is no sex, no drugs or drinking and seems a surprisingly mild 12. It can be a little hard to follow in times but overall is very good! There are a couple of fight scenes in which you do see some people turn to ash. However, nothing is too graphic. I went to see this and LOVED it. I though it was a fantastic plot and had lots of great new creatures- even a baby niffler!

Teen, 13 years old Written bypapaya123 November 15, 2018

Amazing

This movie is the best movie ever. I recomend this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygreensilverhawk November 17, 2018

Amazing With Unexpected Ending

This movie was really good. I saw it with some of my friends and the ending was great, and incredible unexpected There were a lot of jump scares and violence that would be a concern with children. But it is perfectly good for teenagers.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAlexander Hamilton November 16, 2018

Could be a lot Shorter

The first Fantastic Beasts movie was great, I really loved seeing all the creatures and it had deep and strong characters. The second movie was a bit different. To be able to fully understand the movie, you would have to be a Harry Potter expert (which I am not). I found myself confused through a lot of it and the new aspects of the movie didn’t help. A crazy family tree was introduced that I had to keep reminding myself of and the fight scenes lasted for WAY to long. Most of the movie is just unnecessary drama and fighting. Also the characters were extremely shallow and I didn’t really connect with any of them. Queen is was such a strong character in the other movie, but she was just portrayed as a nuisance. I still loved the movie for the great animation and all the creatures!!! The creatures are adorable (especially the niffler). But, if you’re looking for a movie with great plot and characters like the other movies, this one snot for you.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysebastianberickson November 19, 2018

great for kids into harry potter

I think kids who have been watching harry potter will love it. I have been watching Harry Potter since I was 3 and loved this the only reason I have it as 8 and above is because the zoowu can seem frightening but is actually adorable later on

Kid, 10 years old November 24, 2018

What a Fantastic Sequel!

The Crimes of Grindelwald is the sequel to the very amazing movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. It starts out with Gellert Gridelwald being taken from New York to Europe to answer for his crimes. He escapes while he is being transported. (You might not be able to understand what is going on in that part because everything happens very quickly.) While he is free he tries to gather followers and make wizards agree with him on how the world should be. He wants wizards to be on top of the world. Meanwhile Newt Scamander is trying to lift his travel ban (watch Fantastic beasts and where to find them to find out why he had a travel ban in the first place, but basically the Ministry of Magic thought he caused chaos in New York.) He also hasn’t seen the girl he loves (Tina Goldstein) in a year and she thinks he loves someone else (Leta Lestrange) because of false news on a magazine. Because of that, Tina has another boyfriend. In the meantime, Jacob Kowalski is having problems with Queene Goldstein (Tina’s sister) because Jacob is a no-maj (he can’t perform magic) and no-maj’s are not allowed to marry wizards. If they get married they will be thrown in jail. So Jacob decides not to marry Queene. She leaves after an argument to find Tina (her sister.) Jacob and Newt go together to get their girls back. Meanwhile Credence Barebone is desperate to find out whom he is, so him and Nagini travel together looking for clues to Credence’s identity. All of these events lead up to an amazing adventure. You should absolutely see The Crimes of Grindelwald. Some scenes are violent but not terribly violent. I hope this review helped you!

Teen, 16 years old Written byBookdragon2003 November 18, 2018

Fantastic Beasts

I am a huge fan of the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts world. It was good but had a lot of information to take in. It's best if the audience knows the names and stories of most of the old and newer characters. The thing that disappointed me was that Dumbledore is gay because it seems like the movie was trying to fit into today's society (I know J.K. Rowling had revealed her ideas about his relationship with Grindelwald and I do not judge those who have those types of relationships). I thought that they were going to talk more about the dealthy hallows but sadly they didn't. Other than that the movie was a great way to spend time with my family.

Teen, 13 years old Written byaxolotl crazy November 24, 2018

baby nifflers

It is a really good movie. There are some sad parts though. But no beasts die. My mom took me to see it this weekend and I am in love. There is not too much violence and no sex and not too much consumerism.

Kid, 12 years old November 20, 2018

AMAZING!! Way better than the first one!

I LOVED this movie, I watched it with my friends and we all enjoyed very much. I think it's great that's there's nothing inappropriate but there is a lot of violence. It's probably not a very good idea to let smaller kids watch this movie because of all the violence. It has some good messages but mostly just an edge-of-your-seat film.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEllsbells111 November 18, 2018

Not worth the money

Super confusing and boring. The first one was fantastic! This one was very disappointing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfilipino1500 November 20, 2018

Magical!!

Much better tahan first one Perfect performence but too much violence. For Potter fans really good

Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2018

Better in the theater (Small spoilers ahead)

This movie is a movie better enjoyed in theaters, because of the stunning visuals and immersive story. The plot is hard to follow if you aren’t familiar with the wizard of world or not paying close attention. Though there are a fair number of deaths in this movie, most aren’t gory or really disturbing. There are infants killed, but one is more disturbing than the other. Over this movie is a movie that’s great to watch in 3D and overall very enjoyable. Can’t wait for the third one!

Teen, 14 years old Written byNinter21 November 24, 2018

Good movie but not the best

Ties in with Harry Potter very well. Violence and sensuality.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCatsandDogs4laughsTV November 24, 2018

The Crimes of Grindelwald

It is a very good movie and matches up to the first. There is a little bit of violence and death.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjdubsmurphy November 23, 2018

AMAZING!

Well, as a devoted Harry Potter fan, I loved the scenes of action as well as those that made me laugh. Nothing really scary or violent, my 8 year old sisters watched it with me today! It is, however, quite confusing if you havent already read the books or watched the previous movies.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAislynDiane November 25, 2018

Magical movie is darker and more violent than the original

I really enjoyed seeing this movie in the theaters but it won't really make any sense unless you have seen the original 'Harry Potter' series and the first 'Fantastic Beasts' movie. This movie is certainly more dark than the first installment in the series, and it contains a lot of death and betrayal. One of the main characters ends up on Grindelwald's side and some of the heros die in a magical fire. I wish they had shown more magical beasts, but it was still a fun experience and a nice sequel to the amazing first movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySnuffle_shuffle33 November 23, 2018

darker than the last one

this movie was disappointing compared with the last one, but it had its moments. The second half was alot better than the first half. The characters are for the most part good role models, and there is next to no drinking of sex. There are some fight scenes that could be disturbing for younger kids, but overall it should be fine if you have seen the previous movies.

Teen, 14 years old Written byDanyjordan November 18, 2018

Teen, 14 years old Written byJJwinnerboy November 19, 2018

Just bad just bad don’t even watch this movie

This movie the there was this one scene where I could tell what the Easter egg was I like movies where it’s challenging to find the Easter eggs and the pics the graphics it the first one was better

Teen, 13 years old Written byMartha's World March 9, 2019

Darker Than The First, But Still Really Good!