All parent member reviews for Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Adult Written byangel7 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byclimb4time2 April 9, 2008

Fun comic book superheros

This was a fun movie with a good message(that is not so subtly spelled out), "there is always a choice." I could have done without the sexual innuendos, but they are very mild and will most likely be over the head of anyone who shouldn't get it. The team learns to work together and the audience sees that violence isn't the way to solve the problems.
Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written byDP April 9, 2008
Adult Written byLiamGlancey May 6, 2009

Good role models lacking

Title says it all. Reed is depicted as a stereotypical male who, though good intentioned, can't seem to control his libido. Sure, Sue was indignant, but couldn't he be too?
Adult Written byFilmutante April 9, 2008

A Film for Adults in a Commercial Kiddie Wrapper

If you haven't already been pummeled with the rampant marketing and toy-exploitation for this film- stop now. This sad piece is little more than a commercial for the many movie product tie-ins. It is violent, loud and has coarse dialogue that no parent wants repeated outside the cinema. The "message" that the film makers try to impart is over-powered by nasty physical and verbal fighting between characters and constant insults that are hurled. Don't be lured to see this by the supposed"toned down" nature that has been appearing in reviews. It is a film that has been produced to fit adult tastes.
Adult Written bycortright5 April 9, 2008

Not as good but ok

If you like the first movie you'll like this one too! However, I was a little bored at times because it did not flow so quickly. Also, I was distracted by the voice of the surfer. The voice was bigger than the character. There are some sexual situations that need not be present, but oops, what can you say when Miss invisible winds up naked?!
Adult Written bykayvan April 9, 2008

A bit too campy sequel! Still entertaining

Adult Written bydrg26 April 9, 2008

Too many sexual references and inappropriate language for a PG movie. My own child said it should have been rated PG-13. The first movie was!
Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008
Parent of a 9 year old Written bytwinsoccermom April 9, 2008

Better than the first one

Although I didn't like Thing saying "crap" all the time or the couple of unnecessary innuendos, I thought it was fine for our 8-year-olds to see. Much tamer and more age-appropriate than Spider-man and other recent superhero movies. Even our daughter who normally doesn't care for action movies enjoyed this one.
Adult Written byjamesmith April 9, 2008

have not watched it yet

Not many problems about it.
Adult Written bybigaztec April 9, 2008

Didn't think it was appropriate for under 10's.

I thought there was too much sexual innuendo for my kids (9 and 7). I also have a problem with the "end of the earth" premise of the movie. Would probably be fine for early teens.
Adult Written byfroggy169@hotma... April 9, 2008
Adult Written byhe April 9, 2008
Adult Written byLaorLynn April 9, 2008

This commercial for selling comic garbage is just that. The "its ok to have a bachelor party and degrade women" and other bad attitudes makes this movie more poision for everyone.
Adult Written byriddle April 9, 2008

good for kids but not for an adult unless your into sci-fi

It really wasn't as bad as I was read it was going to be. Yes, there are some language. Such as A**. But the sexual content was pretty low level compared to the comments made in the review. Unless your child is advanced in the sexual content area, I do not think they will catch on to it.
Adult Written bySpud April 9, 2008

Very good movie

Although this movie wasn't very violent, I should mention that it was a little more violent then the first Fantastic Four movie. In one scene, Ben tries to stop a helicopter from crashing and gets hit by the blades (but he doesn't get a scratch). In another scene, Victor injures the silver surfer with electric shock. But the most disturbing scene is close to the end when one of the characters gets run through with a spear, but it isn't long before the silver surfer steps in and heals her. In my opinion, the language is a little too much for a PG movie. Just for that, I think parents should consider this a mild PG-13. But most families would like one of the twists this movie has. One character who appears to be a bad guy eventually switches sides and ends up helping the good guys. I may be old-fashioned, but I like it when that happens.