All parent member reviews for Fast & Furious 6

Parent Written byShivom Oza May 24, 2013

Fast & Furious 6 (2013) Review by Shivom Oza – Crashes And Burns!

In this film, all the members of the crew, who had given up the ‘fast and furious’ life post their Rio heist, come together to bring down a mercenary organization, led by British Special Forces soldier Owen Shaw. The SIXTH film in the ‘Fast & Furious’ series, ‘Fast & Furious 6’ is another example of how the makers are running out of stories to tell. The only good element about this film was the dialogue. Tyrese Gibson and Ludacris, who play Roman Pearce and Tej Parker respectively, share wonderful camaraderie. The rest of the film is tepid, to put it mildly. Even the car-chase and fight sequences leave a lot to be desired. Not that one should look for logic in a ‘Fast & Furious’ film, but this one is devoid of entertainment as well. As we had learnt in the end credits of the last film in this franchise, Dominic Toretto’s (Vin Diesel) former girlfriend Letty Ortiz (Michelle Rodriguez), presumably dead, turns out to be alive. In this film, we learn that she has lost all her memory and is now a part of Owen Shaw’s (Luke Ewans) gang. Owen Shaw, a former British Special Forces soldier, now leads a deadly gang which is causing much trouble for Diplomatic Security Service (DSS) agent Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson). Hobbs convinces Toretto to join this mission of nabbing Shaw and his gang, by letting him know that Letty’s still alive. Toretto convinces his now-retired friends to take part in this mission and so, they begin their quest to get Letty back. Although the premise of the film is quite promising, the screenplay is just not gripping enough. There are a couple 7-8 minute car-chase sequences, which really begin to test your patience, as you’ve seen them all before. The action is ridiculously over-the-top (Yes, even for a ‘Fast & Furious’). There’s a scene in which Toretto gets catapulted at least 40-50 metres from his car and he manages to get hold of Letty, who gets thrown out of a speeding vehicle (a TANK, for God’s sake!), mid-air! Of course, both of them conveniently fall atop a bonnet of another car and end up absolutely bruise-free. Such moments were hilarious, rather than thrilling. The one thing that you always look forward to in such a film, which is the soundtrack, also turned out to be a dampener. The movie falls short on all counts. The only saving grace was the final scene, which is the prelude to the next film. There’s a big surprise in store, but it’s too little and too late. Not worth sitting through two hours of the film itself, certainly! Avoid the film. You’ve seen it all before. Shivom Oza
Parent Written byizzycoffe June 5, 2013

You're gonna enjoy this movie!

Lovely movie... You can expect plenty of explotions, fights, car crashes, hot girls and lots of fun. For me it's the best of the series so far, I really recommend it, but we've to be clear with the fact that this movie might be too violent and intense for kids, so definitely PG-13 is the right censorship rating for this movie.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez May 30, 2013

14 and up.

This next fast and the furious sequel part 6 is the best action/adventure movie yet and the fast and the furious fans are definelty gonna love this one stars with all the fast and furious characters from part 1 2 3 4 and 5 and this movie is good enough for your older teens to watch but parents know this that Fast & Furious 6 has a lot of intense violence such as car crashes, fights, and deaths the movie does have some mild language used and a little bit of drinking such as beer.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byMovielover02 January 28, 2014

AWESOME!

My kid and I loved this movie so much! :) it was great, the only bad part was probably the tank scene, overall fine for most 10 year olds.
Parent of a 13 and 18 year old Written byWayne G. December 15, 2013

Depressing

Skimpy outfits, mild language, and violence (real and fake). It's so sad that we've lost Paul Walker. I bought this on blu ray today to support those involved. And it's a pretty good movie. My kids have already seen it and there's not much to worry about here. It's just hard with a death in the cast looming over this film. It's actually quite distracting. But if you can overlook Walker's death, go ahead and watch it.
Parent Written byDan G. June 7, 2013

Significant objectionable material for children

Another in the long ling of Fast, Furious films, I had to see this because I love the GT-R. However, I did not take my children, and confirmed it was for good reason. Disrespect for law and authority, objectification of women, lots of violence against others, torture, living together without marriage, nudity, obscene gestures, and the normal sprinkling of bad langauge. All provided to us by the 'heros' of this story.
Parent Written byCommanderBond June 1, 2013

Well made ridiculous action

This is pure escapist action. If you and your kids like car chase movies the Fast and Furious series seems to get more ridiculous but also better with each film. This entry in particular has a light tone, about the same level of violence and tension as a 90's James Bond movie. In terms of it teaching kids anything positive, I do think the message of the importance of family over money which the movie brings up through out is a good message for children. The movie shows all the materiel goods the main characters were able to buy with the money they stole in the previous movie, but emphasizes that money is not as importance as family, and dealing fairly with people.