Parent reviews for Fearless

Fearless Poster Image

wrong message

The video gamer who assumes the smart kid will do his homework/project pulls through so save the day after showing no responsibility or care until he's forced to. Wrong message. The animation background was poor quality. Not sure how exactly the babies were supposed to get their powers back to save the day.

Fun night in

Good movie that is fun to watch. Family-friendly all the way, lots of humor, and some light fighting that is never too scary. There is nothing about this movie that is bad, there just aren't enough great things to be a five-star movie. We had a great time watching it. You could complain about the lack of originality, the amount of coincidences that hold the plot together, or the over-reliance on cute babies. But that would deny the excellent Friday night "in" we had.

Great movie

I thought this was a really good family movie that kids will enjoy. I loved the diversity which is rare in animation. It's nice to show people of color in animation, so that kids of color can see characters who look like them. I think though, this movie is a great movie for all races. It's a cute movie and I thought its take on some of the classic animations, was quite entertaining. I hope there is a sequel one day.

Unoriginal but a diverse cast

This movie seems to be an obvious mix of numerous clichés and cult classics such as Incredibles and Pixels, but it misses the mark for me. The movie even made me cringe at how hard it tries to be funny during certain points of the movie.

Dynamic Cast Overshadowed By Disrespectful And HostileContent

The mostly good: It was amazing to see so many leading characters of color in dynamic and positive roles (the superheroes, attentive father, military commander, high achieving student, etc.) While the ratio of male to female characters was a typical 2:1, at best, the females held significant roles and were not merely restricted to love interests and mothers (although of course romance was included . . .I can at least appreciate the progressive nature of the interracial coupling that takes place) Young people will likely be able to relate to and appreciate some of the modern slang/lingo (ie "she's fire" etc.) The not so good: There are A LOT of insults thrown about by those who are supposed to be "the good guys." I wouldn't mind this so much if the insults had to do with the content of ones character but nearly every insult addresses physical attributes. Insults like "chubby," "is that a muffin top I see?" "Your breath stinks" and insults I cant remember word for word but generally calling people ugly, making fun of their facial structure, etc. There are also quite a few adult phrases hidden in childish language. For example "The poopy diaper just hit the fan and the poop just got real." Next, there is a lot of violence. No blood or gore but enough that my kids even made numerous comments during the movie like "so violent" "this is intense" and "wow animal abuse." Suffice it to say, violence is the only option considered or action taken to resolve conflict in this movie. There is even a military scene with machine guns, explosions, etc. In sum: More diversity than average and progressive challenging of stereotypes but dissapointing promotion of aggression and hostility in words and actions. I put 12 just because.....