Parent reviews for Feel the Beat

Dancer learns kindness from her students; mild language.

Adult Written byRaemamba June 25, 2020

Inclusive!!

This movie follows the usual formula. It's easy to watch, there are some good bits (the dance dads made me laugh out loud) and some not so good (a kid gets told she's not good enough, so she just gives up) BUT what they got TOTALLY RIGHT was the inclusion of a deaf child and how her friends and the adults use sign. No fuss was made about it. It was merely the right and normal thing to do. My hearing impaired 10yo was thrilled to see it.

Adult Written byhanab June 22, 2020

Mostly OK

There are some positive messages, including un-stereotyping gender roles (the mini-dancers); but there's also the part where the coach/teacher tells a kid multiple times that she basically has no talent and never makes an effort to apologize, find the child's other talents or anything a true role model and leader should do.
Parent of a 18+-year-old Written byJoshua H. June 19, 2020

Same PG-13 level as School of Rock

Netflix lies when they say this is a TV-G. I have no idea how in the world this was able to get away with that. If it were a theater movie, it would have been PG-13 for sure. Mild profanity, suggestive dance moves. Noting terribly inappropriate, as long as the viewer is 12+. It's on the same level as the also PG-13 rated School of Rock.

Adult Written bytonino30 June 26, 2020
Adult Written byPauthu June 21, 2020

Loved it

I thought it was moving, motivational, teaches to be kind and thoughtful... and funny. At first I didn't care for Aprils attitude, but give her a chance.. love it.
Adult Written bymichelleye June 20, 2020

Fun and funny movie to enjoy with the family

My daughters aged 12 and 15 enjoyed watching the movie and we had lots of great laughs. However, the movie could easily be watched by younger kids. Great movie, highly recommend it as a way to just have some fun and laughs and maybe lose yourself from all that's going on.

Adult Written byBenwoodgal June 20, 2020