All parent member reviews for Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Parent of a 12 year old Written byHuntingwithdaughters October 12, 2010

A fun romp

I see no danger in our A student stealing a car because she saw a comedy where kids do it. If she really wanted to take a day off we would let her, so I doubt the school skipping is an issue. When my wife gets angry her language is worse than anything in this movie.
Parent of a 15 and 15 year old Written byEricGA April 3, 2011

Get ready for a F-Bomb and another implied F-Bomb

Did the person who rated this movie watch it? Yes it is funny, however it has one F-bomb and another time where a stripper like girl saying a rhyme that mentions Pluck and is about to say how she likes to ... when the door is slammed shut. Clearly another F-bomb. Not good for teens unless that is acceptable to you. It is not to me, and the previous review steered me wrong!
Parent of a 3, 6, and 10 year old Written byomniparent July 14, 2010

Cute, but fowl

I regret allowing our children to watch this movie, because of the language. They counted 60+ bad words. This was a trend back in the 80's in kid movies (e.g. Goonies, etc). Beyond that, there are funny moments, and you'll find yourself cheering for (or against) Ferris.
Adult Written byMeira April 9, 2008

A favorite in our house

What I think is great about this movie is that it's really all about Cameron, and will he learn to stand up for himself? I also love that yeah, they skip school -- but their idea of an adventure is seeing the stock market in action, and visiting the art museum. It's just beautiful to me that, in this day and age where it seems every teen is portrayed as thinking only of sex or being 'cool' -- this movie makes the art museum or a parade look 'cool'. If cussing is the end of your world and you need all your media to convince your kids of the value of going to school, this movie is not for you.
Adult Written byJEDI micah November 23, 2012

The funniest 80's movie ever!

The first time I saw this movie, I thought it was stupid, but until I watched the whole thing, I really liked it! It's so funny! Plus, the "Oh Yeah" song is catchy, even though there's like no singing in it! I hope this movie comes up on TV soon!
Adult Written byLowe's man April 26, 2014

Do not take this movie literally.

This small line in the movie is easy to miss, but, when Ferris's mother had to pick up his sister Jeanie at the police station, she lost a huge deal. She was going to use that profit to buy Ferris a car. So Ferris actually did get punished- he didn't get a car. It is important for parents to make sure that teens don't get the wrong message from this movie, as Ferris faces no immediate consequences. But neither does Mr. Rooney. Ferris was wrong to ditch school, but Mr. Rooney was also wrong to go into Ferris's house without permission, to say nothing of parking beside a fire hydrant. What's more, Mr. Rooney wanted to "get" Ferris. His attendance was the only reason he could find to use against him. Excluding that, Mr. Rooney had no legal reason to discipline Ferris. Still, he made the school a place where Ferris wouldn't want to go. Mr. Rooney had a vendetta against Ferris for some unexplained reason. The superintendent should've intervened. He or she should've required Ferris to come to school every day the rest of the year. If he did, that one day should've been forgotten about. But if not, there'd be serious consequences, such as all day Saturday detentions. As for Mr. Rooney, he should've been suspended for a month without pay. Once the suspension was over, he should've been transferred. So really both Ferris and Mr. Rooney were unpunished. And remember, 2 wrongs don't make a right.
Parent Written byLynchFan June 1, 2012

Classic!!!

A 80's classic. i love this movie, its very funny, ferry bueler is awesome, i wanted so bad to do the same thing!! and the twist and shout scene is soo fun!! " I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Life movies pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in awhile you could miss it. " :)
Adult Written byziccia September 19, 2011

Good but could have been better

It's a funny movie, but there are a few innapropriate scenes, and really unneccesary cussing that doesn't really add anything to the movie. Ferris and his girlfriend kiss several times, and a drawing of a nude woman gets screen time. There are also many uses of the s--- word an about 2 of the f word, along with numerous other minor cusses. The scene with Charlie Sheen is also a bit innapropriate. This movie also glorifies defying authority, implying that the main characters are doing good by being bad. This can be a good talking point for younger children, and greatly adds to the comedy of the movie, but is still worth mentioning here. Overall, however, I think it's a hillarious classic, worth watching, but be warned for it's little trip ups.
Adult Written byMovie_Nerd101 April 9, 2008

funny

some iffy jokes
Adult Written byaidans1 March 20, 2015

Hilarious movie a classic

Language again is the only thing bad here and some kissing between Ferris and his girlfriend but other than that nothing very serious.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byedklat August 25, 2014

Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byzmanrox February 10, 2013

funny

teaches how to skip school.1 "f@#$", 1 gestured "f@#$" and 8 uses of "s@#$" and lotsa more mild swearing. has ferrari, sausage king, chicago, baseball, and more refferances.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy November 23, 2012

How can you not like this movie? It's awesome.

Hilarious 80s movie.I'm not a huge 80s movie person,but this movie has amazing romace and mind blowing action.
Parent Written byMoviePilot April 1, 2012

Suprised by the amount of language

The f-bomb is used once, along with whore and lots of s__t, d__m
Parent Written byfather of 5 March 10, 2012

13+ Only

Great movie that you can break the rules and have fund without hurting others. Kissing is appropriate for high school, but not middle and elementary. Suprising amount of profanity,definatley not for younger than 13.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bytealsweety July 7, 2009

this movie is soooo awesome
Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bydonnyrob April 9, 2008

I Love It

This is a great movie. I watched it when it first came out and have seen it probably 15 or 20 times since then. The worst thing about it is the language.
Adult Written byGerard1 April 9, 2008