All parent member reviews for Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Parent of a 12 year old Written byHuntingwithdaughters October 12, 2010

A fun romp

I see no danger in our A student stealing a car because she saw a comedy where kids do it. If she really wanted to take a day off we would let her, so I doubt the school skipping is an issue. When my wife gets angry her language is worse than anything in this movie.
Parent of a 15 and 15 year old Written byEricGA April 3, 2011

Get ready for a F-Bomb and another implied F-Bomb

Did the person who rated this movie watch it? Yes it is funny, however it has one F-bomb and another time where a stripper like girl saying a rhyme that mentions Pluck and is about to say how she likes to ... when the door is slammed shut. Clearly another F-bomb. Not good for teens unless that is acceptable to you. It is not to me, and the previous review steered me wrong!
Adult Written byMeira April 9, 2008

A favorite in our house

What I think is great about this movie is that it's really all about Cameron, and will he learn to stand up for himself? I also love that yeah, they skip school -- but their idea of an adventure is seeing the stock market in action, and visiting the art museum. It's just beautiful to me that, in this day and age where it seems every teen is portrayed as thinking only of sex or being 'cool' -- this movie makes the art museum or a parade look 'cool'. If cussing is the end of your world and you need all your media to convince your kids of the value of going to school, this movie is not for you.
Parent of a 3, 6, and 10 year old Written byomniparent July 14, 2010

Cute, but fowl

I regret allowing our children to watch this movie, because of the language. They counted 60+ bad words. This was a trend back in the 80's in kid movies (e.g. Goonies, etc). Beyond that, there are funny moments, and you'll find yourself cheering for (or against) Ferris.
Adult Written byJEDI micah November 23, 2012

The funniest 80's movie ever!

The first time I saw this movie, I thought it was stupid, but until I watched the whole thing, I really liked it! It's so funny! Plus, the "Oh Yeah" song is catchy, even though there's like no singing in it! I hope this movie comes up on TV soon!
Adult Written byLowe's man April 26, 2014

Do not take this movie literally.

This small line in the movie is easy to miss, but, when Ferris's mother had to pick up his sister Jeanie at the police station, she lost a huge deal. She was going to use that profit to buy Ferris a car. So Ferris actually did get punished- he didn't get a car. It is important for parents to make sure that teens don't get the wrong message from this movie, as Ferris faces no immediate consequences. But neither does Mr. Rooney. Ferris was wrong to ditch school, but Mr. Rooney was also wrong to go into Ferris's house without permission, to say nothing of parking beside a fire hydrant. What's more, Mr. Rooney wanted to "get" Ferris. His attendance was the only reason he could find to use against him. Excluding that, Mr. Rooney had no legal reason to discipline Ferris. Still, he made the school a place where Ferris wouldn't want to go. Mr. Rooney had a vendetta against Ferris for some unexplained reason. The superintendent should've intervened. He or she should've required Ferris to come to school every day the rest of the year. If he did, that one day should've been forgotten about. But if not, there'd be serious consequences, such as all day Saturday detentions. As for Mr. Rooney, he should've been suspended for a month without pay. Once the suspension was over, he should've been transferred. So really both Ferris and Mr. Rooney were unpunished. And remember, 2 wrongs don't make a right.
Parent Written byfather of 5 March 10, 2012

13+ Only

Great movie that you can break the rules and have fund without hurting others. Kissing is appropriate for high school, but not middle and elementary. Suprising amount of profanity,definatley not for younger than 13.
Parent Written byLynchFan June 1, 2012

Classic!!!

A 80's classic. i love this movie, its very funny, ferry bueler is awesome, i wanted so bad to do the same thing!! and the twist and shout scene is soo fun!! " I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Life movies pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in awhile you could miss it. " :)
Adult Written byMovie_Nerd101 April 9, 2008

funny

some iffy jokes
Parent Written byMoviePilot April 1, 2012

Suprised by the amount of language

The f-bomb is used once, along with whore and lots of s__t, d__m
Parent Written byMy way of seeing it January 10, 2012

Hi

I think it is okay for 9 year olds and up, well it depends on maturity. But alooooooooot of cursing.
Parent Written bynicyld March 6, 2016

Fun with swear words

After checking here, I did let my 9 and 11 year olds watch this and they loved it. It's a silly, funny fantasy of kids being adults and getting back at the adults who "make their lives miserable". I did warn my kids that I've seen this movie a bunch of times, so if they tried to fake being sick like Ferris, I'd see through it. :) As far as the swearing, yeah, there's 1.5 F-words (2nd one is cut off), and there's pretty much every other swear word you'll hear on the bus on the way to middle school. But they're just words and odds are, they've heard them before. There's no sex (other than kissing), drugs or violence, so it's actually a pretty clean cut movie. Great, fun movie!
Adult Written byTheoDoyp January 20, 2016

John Hughes brings us a clever teen comedy

This film is a classic comedy that is of course, funny and enjoyable. Ok, the film is about kids skipping school but Hughes bring this out as something unique and something defintly worth watching. It's suitable for 12 year olds that can handle a medium level of course language.
Parent of a 11, 13, and 14 year old Written byclaire333 June 28, 2015

Ferris Bueller's Day Off Review

Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a funny film with relatable moments. It is rated PG13 for language. There is no sex, or smoking. A boy takes medicine when he is not sick to try and escape his feelings related to his parents constant fighting. There is mild violence when a girl kicks a man, and when a man get bitten by a dog. Overall, this is a hilarious family friendly film that will have you all laughing your heads off.
Adult Written byziccia September 19, 2011

Good but could have been better

It's a funny movie, but there are a few innapropriate scenes, and really unneccesary cussing that doesn't really add anything to the movie. Ferris and his girlfriend kiss several times, and a drawing of a nude woman gets screen time. There are also many uses of the s--- word an about 2 of the f word, along with numerous other minor cusses. The scene with Charlie Sheen is also a bit innapropriate. This movie also glorifies defying authority, implying that the main characters are doing good by being bad. This can be a good talking point for younger children, and greatly adds to the comedy of the movie, but is still worth mentioning here. Overall, however, I think it's a hillarious classic, worth watching, but be warned for it's little trip ups.
Adult Written byaidans1 March 20, 2015

Hilarious movie a classic

A couple is shown making out on a bus and some uses of damn and nineteen f words in a matter of two minutes
Adult Written byStudent of truth May 1, 2016

got a love the 80s

this movie is hilarious and comical but one thing is language theres words like the S word alot B word D word and 2 F words he skips school takes freinds dads car and just plaine out bad behavior
Adult Written byKids d March 1, 2015

great

My parents and me were watching tv and they asked me have u seen ferris bullers day off I said no and we watched it and I had a laughing spree then movie is not bad for kids
Adult Written bysamsikora February 14, 2015

GOOD STUFF

Very appropriate. 10/10
Adult Written bylouisa1 February 12, 2015

great highscool movie even better than the breakfast club

even though i consider this a fun, family adventure, there still is a few adult themes you might not wan't to show your children, including swearing, (s**t b***h f**k f****r etc) there isn't much sex in this movie, though Ferris and Sloane do make out in very many scenes. all in all very good family movies, though coarse langage is something you might wan't to consider looking at.