All teen and kid member reviews for Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Kid, 12 years old October 31, 2010
awesome,but 2 f--ks,tons of s--ts and b-tches, and other words
Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2009

It's suitable for teenagers, just a little risky for tweens.

I think that this movie is hilarious and very well done, but it does have some inappropriate scenes. Like how Ferris and his girl-friend spread the love quite a bit, and using some bad language. The characters aren't the best role-models since they skipped school to have some fun in the city and how they get into some trouble along the way.
Teen, 14 years old Written bythundermuffin May 27, 2012

Fantastic classic movie with some bad language

Personally, I saw this movie for the first time when I was 7. Your kid will be fine as long as he/she knows not to use that language. Basically, if you have taught your kids not to curse, don't usually curse around them, and express your disapproval of this type of language, chances are they won't turn into little potty mouths after watching this movie. There is some bad language, but if your kid knows not to use it, then they won't. Hey, look at me, I love this movie and I have never once cursed in my life. This is an entertaining comedy movie, not a brain washing mechanism. If you have brought your kids up well, they will look to you for a role model, not characters in a movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycooldude1234 November 25, 2010

not that bad

This movie should've been pg for some language because I watched this on tv and I know if they are bleeping words and they didn't do that much and this movie shouldn't be for 14 and over because it isn't that bad
Kid, 12 years old October 26, 2010
It is a good film, but my only problem with it is really, the profanity (Mr. Rooney utters the F-word when looking for the dog that attacked him)
Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2011

Iffy?

My favorite movie of all time. Though a little flirtiness, and some bad language a.k.a. sh*t, a**, cr*p, and bi**h are in this movie, it makes me have so much fun. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 30, 2011

The best John Hughes movie.

My rating: PG-13 for language and some sensuality.
Teen, 15 years old Written byEvilSteak December 2, 2012

Fun movie

I wish there was a thing for negative messages, this movie is full of them. Nothing too devastating, just things like "parents are gullible", "people are easy to manipulate", and "skipping school is fun and harmless". A slightly-more-than-realistic amount of language. Also, this movie has quite a bias towards Pepsi. Anyways, it's a great movie, lots of fun. But I will I warn you, the acting is intentionally cheesy, so go in with the right mind-set.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 25, 2011

Suitable But Harsh

This movie is suitable for PG-13 though a naked lady is shown on Ferris' computer at the beginning of the movie and an F bomb is thrown into cussing, making the profanity a bit harsh
Teen, 13 years old Written bySafemancam001 February 13, 2011

Great for ages 12+

I love this movie so much. It is my favorite! It is so funny.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPoison Ivey January 17, 2010
this is my new favorite movie. It's official. (course, I say that every week with every new film i see). rolemodels are terrible (well duh, but that;s what makes it so hilarious!). Frrequent cursing. But very funny!
Teen, 15 years old Written byNatalia96 May 2, 2011

One of the best for teens-only language is an issue

Still one of my favorite movies for teens ever! One of most clever films John Hughes ever made.There is a lot of profanity but only one F-bomb. No sexual situations but it is discussed. Teens will love it. Ferris Bueller may be a bad role model for kids because he skips school and lies to the authority figures, but he's so clever and has an incredible power of making people like him (remember all the Save Ferris campaigns?) that you can't help liking him. Kids will want to emulate his always positive attitude, but it's unlikely they'll want to do what he does-it's made pretty obvious that's it very hard to get away with it, and he only does by luck, by his very sharp wits, and through his friends-messages that speak louder to kids than that of disobeying authority. After all, all Ferris wanted was to see the world and get out of his confining high school-who wouldn't want to do the same after seeing the school he goes to (a devilishly humorous look at how school must seem to a guy like him).
Teen, 13 years old Written bySupaDupaMan July 27, 2010

I suggest you getting a TV Guardian before you even THINK about watching this movie!

I love this movie, but language gets in the way!
Kid, 12 years old January 7, 2010
i love this movie!! i found it in out closet and my friend and i watched it last night and loved it!! if only Cameron was my age!! lol
Teen, 14 years old Written byhitchman October 28, 2009
Best high school comedy ever. The beginning part was soo funny.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShelbyBubbles April 9, 2008

Hilarious

This movie is my favorite movie of all time. I loved every minute of it, even seeing it with my mom, except moments where there was an f bomb involved. The only part that I even thought the slightest bit appaling was when the "nurse" prostitute comes to cheer Ferris up, but no kid would understand that anyways. However, I don't think you should see this until you're 11 or 12, even then it's questionable. But the movie is incredibly hilarious, and I would recomend it to any adult or teen.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bycola January 3, 2016
I love this movie! I Think its fine for kids 9 years and up because there isnt much swearwords or drug use. I watched it when I was 9 and I understood it. You should definitely let your kid watch it. Just make sure they dont try to do the same stuff that was in the movie
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2015

Kids 10 and older know language

Language 4/10: So there are 2 f-bombs it's nothing worse then your kids gonna hear every day in middle school. Violence 0/0: nada. Alcohol 0/0: Zip Frightening scenes 0/0: Zipade do do bap Great movie all early teens should see. Rating: 9.0/10.0 Age Rating: 11+ Movie Rating: (Actual PG-13) Should be PG.
Kid, 11 years old December 23, 2015

Nice movie, expect swears frequently.

This is a hilarious movie. However if your kids repeat swears do not show this to them. I never swear so I was fine with this movie. They say the s word, the f word, etc. And Ferris has a lot of traits you don't want your kids to have. He skips school, tricks the principal, pretends his girlfriend's gramma died, etc. If your kids are mature tweens and up, this is a great movie night idea.