Kid reviews for Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Despite language, iffy behavior, this is a comedy classic.

Kid, 12 years old October 31, 2010
awesome,but 2 f--ks,tons of s--ts and b-tches, and other words

Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2009

It's suitable for teenagers, just a little risky for tweens.

I think that this movie is hilarious and very well done, but it does have some inappropriate scenes. Like how Ferris and his girl-friend spread the love quite a bit, and using some bad language. The characters aren't the best role-models since they skipped school to have some fun in the city and how they get into some trouble along the way.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCrashes April 11, 2016

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

I think this is fine for 8 and up because it's a funny movie. It has some swearing like F**k, S**t, B***h, B****s, and A** but I personally think that it's not bad if kids hear these words just don't say them any time else. Ferris also skips school but that's pretty mild.

Teen, 14 years old Written bythundermuffin May 27, 2012

Fantastic classic movie with some bad language

Personally, I saw this movie for the first time when I was 7. Your kid will be fine as long as he/she knows not to use that language. Basically, if you have taught your kids not to curse, don't usually curse around them, and express your disapproval of this type of language, chances are they won't turn into little potty mouths after watching this movie. There is some bad language, but if your kid knows not to use it, then they won't. Hey, look at me, I love this movie and I have never once cursed in my life. This is an entertaining comedy movie, not a brain washing mechanism. If you have brought your kids up well, they will look to you for a role model, not characters in a movie.

Kid, 12 years old October 26, 2010
It is a good film, but my only problem with it is really, the profanity (Mr. Rooney utters the F-word when looking for the dog that attacked him)

Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2011

Iffy?

My favorite movie of all time. Though a little flirtiness, and some bad language a.k.a. sh*t, a**, cr*p, and bi**h are in this movie, it makes me have so much fun. :)

Teen, 13 years old Written bycooldude1234 November 25, 2010

not that bad

This movie should've been pg for some language because I watched this on tv and I know if they are bleeping words and they didn't do that much and this movie shouldn't be for 14 and over because it isn't that bad

Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2016

Truly a Classic

Man, sometimes, I cannot stop myself from saying "Bueller... Bueller... Bueller..." no matter when or wear! Ferris Bueller is never punished and his parents never find about about his misdeeds. Not too much sex, I saw Ferris drawing a naked person on a computer, and there is a hilarious scene where a nurse is about to drop the f bomb. There is one actual use of the f bomb, along with lots of uses of s--t and a-s. A guy at a station house says he is in for drugs, and he clearly looks like so. Overall, I saw this at 9 years old, so remember that nothing is inappropriate in this!

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 30, 2011

The best John Hughes movie.

My rating: PG-13 for language and some sensuality.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 25, 2011

Suitable But Harsh

This movie is suitable for PG-13 though a naked lady is shown on Ferris' computer at the beginning of the movie and an F bomb is thrown into cussing, making the profanity a bit harsh

Teen, 13 years old Written bythe dat boi August 8, 2017

Funny movie has swearing

This movie has a ton of swearing like a bunch of s--ts and one f--k

Teen, 13 years old Written byXaire March 26, 2017

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

This Movie is a classic in every sense of the word. This movie stands the test of time and makes every person of all ages feel great after seeing this movie. This movie is a great comedy and it is certainly one of the best.

Kid, 12 years old August 17, 2014

Language. Lots of it. I wouldn't mind language, and this movie definitely makes me smile and have the occasional laugh.

Epicboy21 here. There's many moments in this film which may be considered inappropriate: one where a young Mia Sara asks a character if they saw her undressing and getting changed beside the pool. A few choice words about prostitutes are also thrown around. But still, this movie makes me smile. However, Ferris never faces any consequences: teens and even adults use language such as "-ss", "-sshole", "b-st-rd, "b-tch", "d-ck", "d-ckhead, "sh--" and similar coarse language. The objectionables: a certain principal is a little inappropriate: a girl that looks like Ferris from the back reacts to his statement: "Your -ss is mine" and the girl spits water through a straw into his face, mistaken as a pervert, so this scene may be a little sexually suggestive. He also calls a dog on a street a "f--ker". Also, he might just quietly mutter "f--k" as he trips over. Considering Australia got it a PG surprised me: here, for a PG, they don't allow the F-word in there. Anyway, there's one scuffle, also, which I think was brief; really, any violence (and in very rare instances) is very mild, G. PG-13 is recommended for this, and wait unless you don't mind some language that's pretty usual for teen films these days. No worse than today's teen films, I can tell you now. Some drinking and smoking, of course, but by responsible adults. Anyway... I thought it was good. Watch it. Thankyou for reading.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySafemancam001 February 13, 2011

Great for ages 12+

I love this movie so much. It is my favorite! It is so funny.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySupaDupaMan July 27, 2010

I suggest you getting a TV Guardian before you even THINK about watching this movie!

I love this movie, but language gets in the way!

Teen, 15 years old Written byPoison Ivey January 17, 2010
this is my new favorite movie. It's official. (course, I say that every week with every new film i see). rolemodels are terrible (well duh, but that;s what makes it so hilarious!). Frrequent cursing. But very funny!

Teen, 13 years old Written bylughaidh the radical September 3, 2016

brilliant

this is my favourite movie of all time. enough said

Positive messages
Teen, 15 years old Written byEvilSteak December 2, 2012

Fun movie

I wish there was a thing for negative messages, this movie is full of them. Nothing too devastating, just things like "parents are gullible", "people are easy to manipulate", and "skipping school is fun and harmless". A slightly-more-than-realistic amount of language. Also, this movie has quite a bias towards Pepsi. Anyways, it's a great movie, lots of fun. But I will I warn you, the acting is intentionally cheesy, so go in with the right mind-set.

Kid, 12 years old January 7, 2010
i love this movie!! i found it in out closet and my friend and i watched it last night and loved it!! if only Cameron was my age!! lol
Teen, 15 years old Written byShelbyBubbles April 9, 2008

Hilarious

This movie is my favorite movie of all time. I loved every minute of it, even seeing it with my mom, except moments where there was an f bomb involved. The only part that I even thought the slightest bit appaling was when the "nurse" prostitute comes to cheer Ferris up, but no kid would understand that anyways. However, I don't think you should see this until you're 11 or 12, even then it's questionable. But the movie is incredibly hilarious, and I would recomend it to any adult or teen.