All parent member reviews for Fight Club

Adult Written byMarilynManson March 12, 2010

Awesome

This is one of my favorite movies. It made me want to live my life to the fullest.
Adult Written byDaNosk August 18, 2010

A movie most loved by (mature) teens and young adults.

This is a movie that younger people can enjoy, but only if they understand that it is satirical. If your kid is the dumb, monkey-see, monkey-do type, then they are the targets of this film, and probably wouldn't enjoy it anyway.
Adult Written by4Spice October 22, 2009

funny bloody violence 16 over

the movie is okay cool fighting some parts and alot of funny parts truth is 16 and over because it has some scenes of nudity and bloody violence worth watching not worth buying
Adult Written bycian93 April 27, 2011

For mature audiences

First off, this is an excellent film and I think everyone should see it at some stage. That said, it is very violent and has a lot of sex in it. It's probably not going to do any harm to anyone who's about 15 but the messages it pushes can easily be misinterpreted. It's not difficult to imagine that some teenagers or even adults will think of it as glorification of violence and rebellion.
Parent of a 6 and 12 year old Written bySharkfit. April 11, 2011

18 and up.

Do not let your kids see this movie. It is a great movie But it's rated r for many good reasons. I saw it when I was in my 20's. 18 and up.
Parent Written byPlague February 18, 2010

Awesome movie. Very violent with plenty of blood, but humor to go along with it.
Adult Written bymshotstuff February 5, 2010

This Is A Man's Movie..

Once in a while you come across a film that can change the way you see your own place in life. Fight Club is that kind of movie. Ed Norton portrays a “nameless” character that almost every person watching can relate to. Brad Pitt makes the most of his character to its maximum potential with the guy that every male watching wishes he could be. The supporting cast is incredible, the film’s dark humor and grainy atmosphere sets the viewer in their world which strong resembles the one we live in. Every line that Brad Pitt’s character “Tyler Durden” voices makes worthy of an instant quote for years to come. Words cannot explain the power the movie hold and only all of your senses can take in this terrific masterpiece.
Parent of a 1, 8, 9, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil January 28, 2009

Graphic Dark Comedy is Entertaining

If you hate sex, violence, and language skip this one, if not enjoy yourself its pretty funny.
Adult Written bydolphinlover9 April 9, 2008

Great Movie

This movie is one of my all time favorites. Not for kids under 16.
Adult Written byGrady508 April 9, 2008

Graphic and explicit yet best movie ever made

It is so amazing but for 16 years of age and older you'll love it.
Adult Written byABullworthy September 2, 2014

Great movie, very violent

Fight Club is amazing and one of my favourite movies. Very bloody and intense fight scenes but no guts or gore just very bloody nose and mouth bleeds. Not very sexual but one sex scenene. SPOILER! A man shoots him self and blood comes out his ear and nose but he dosent die. There is around 100 f-words. Definitely recommend it. 14+.
Adult Written byMostlysane June 23, 2013

Great FOR THE RIGHT AUDIENCE

While the movie was entertaining, I believe this movie would be difficult for teens (even older) to watch unless they are very mature. Obviously *SPOILERS* there is an abundance of violent fighting, but there is also sexual nudity of both males and females, loud off-screen sex, distorted on-screen sex, violent non-fighting acts such as arson/chemical burning/gun threats, morbid job of collecting human fat to make soap, and excessive swearing (including the F word, but I found this trivial among the other events). I disliked the main characters whimsically committing crimes. *END SPOILERS* Please, anyone looking for advice, read my review and wonder whether or not you or another viewer would be okay with viewing this. All this said, IT IS STILL a good movie for those who can handle it. It's very entertaining and thought provoking. But please, don't take teens 14 y/o or younger.
Parent Written bymrporkface11 September 1, 2012

This movie is not important. It is not a special snowflake. It is the same decaying piece of CD as every other movie.

Rule 34 about common sense media: you never talk about common sense media. Standing in the rain, with his head hung low Couldn't get a ticket, it was a sold out show Heard the roar of the crowd, he could picture the scene Put his ear to the wall, then like a distant scream He heard one guitar, just blew him away He saw stars in his eyes, and the very next day Bought a beat up six string, in a secondhand store Didn't know how to play it, but he knew for sure That one guitar, felt good in his hands, didn't take long, to understand Just one guitar, slung way down low Was a one way ticket, only one way to go So he started rockin', ain't never gonna stop Gotta keep on rockin', someday gonna make it to the top And be a juke box hero, got stars in his eyes, he's a juke box hero He took one guitar, juke box hero, stars in his eyes Juke box hero, (stars in his eyes) He'll come alive tonight In a town without a name, in a heavy downpour Thought he passed his own shadow, by the backstage door Like a trip through the past, to that day in the rain And that one guitar, made his whole life change Now he needs to keep on rockin', he just can't stop Gotta keep on rockin', that boy has got to stay on top And be a juke box hero, got stars in his eyes He's a juke box hero, got stars in his eyes Yeah, juke box hero, stars in his eyes With that one guitar, (stars in his eyes) He'll come alive, come alive tonight...Woah Yeah, he's gotta keep on rockin', just can't stop Gotta keep on rockin', that boy has got to stay on top And be a juke box hero, got stars in his eyes He's a juke box hero, got stars in his eyes (Just one guitar) juke box hero, (aah aah aaah) got stars in his eyes He's just a juke box hero, aah aah aaah Juke box (stars) hero, (stars, stars) juke box hero, (stars, stars) He's got stars in his eyes, stars in his eyes
Adult Written byrivyuwer October 24, 2011

No Problem for Mature Teens

Showed this to my younger brother at 15 because I trusted he wouldn't repeat the language or violence depicted. Fantastic film and fantastic novel. Highly recommend although I think it would be a bit awkward watching with a parent!
Adult Written bygravyfury October 6, 2010

Great movie to watch when your with your guy friends. Not for kids or chicks.

Great movie but NOT for little kids.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written bybradmurray July 15, 2010

Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bySuperParent August 31, 2009

THIS MOVIE RULES!!!! HIS NAME IS ROBERT PAULSON!

Good beat em up film! with a suprising twist! it is quite violent and has few brief sex scenes and one really long one
Adult Written byMovie Man August 15, 2009

Spectacular Film with a Novel Twist, but Way Too Graphic and Disturbing for Under 16.

This is a fantastic film; one of my favorites. The performances were astoundingly good. The story was amazingly thourough. And the twist... oh man! Mind-blowing! Up there with spectacular twists like the ones in The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Identity, etc. I enormously reccommend this film to any movie fan!
Adult Written bythefallen49 May 19, 2009

Super awesome!

I watched this movie when I was 12 and loved it. A few parts it was gruesome, and a brief sex scene. However the deep story and twist ending along with the brilliant characters make this one of my top 5 films.
Adult Written bycheyennex March 30, 2009