Parent reviews for Fight Club

Lurid, twisted, and violent movie has mature themes.

Adult Written byDaNosk August 18, 2010

A movie most loved by (mature) teens and young adults.

This is a movie that younger people can enjoy, but only if they understand that it is satirical. If your kid is the dumb, monkey-see, monkey-do type, then they are the targets of this film, and probably wouldn't enjoy it anyway.

Adult Written byMarilynManson March 12, 2010

Awesome

This is one of my favorite movies. It made me want to live my life to the fullest.
Adult Written bydolphinlover9 April 9, 2008

Great Movie

This movie is one of my all time favorites. Not for kids under 16.
Adult Written byGrady508 April 9, 2008

Graphic and explicit yet best movie ever made

It is so amazing but for 16 years of age and older you'll love it.
Adult Written byNannyBee August 2, 2020
Adult Written byKevin Parker August 2, 2020
Adult Written byPman100 July 30, 2020

It makes you think

Not that violent.
Adult Written bybigisaac20 July 20, 2020

Adult Written byBenFisher July 19, 2020

Teens should be required to see this

Important themes and makes you think - almost like reading a good book like The Catcher in the Rye of Catch-22. Yes, there are some fight scenes but nothing too graphic.
Adult Written byJames Hedrick May 29, 2020

A Film Every Man should See

Fight Cub is a highly philosophical film. It has much to say about consumerism, traditional ideas of masculinity, and modern culture. I feel this message is highly valuable for young men as the traditional ideals of masculinity have shifted in the past few decades. Men don't know their place anymore and, while I certainly don't condone blowing up buildings or committing crimes, Tyler Durden does have a lot of wisdom to benefit 21st century men questioning how to be a man in a modern world. I encourage fathers to watch this with their sons and use it as a conversation starter....when they are at least seventeen. The violence, swearing and ideas of the film are not for an immature viewer. A great film for men, but not for boys.
Adult Written byMackiej May 22, 2020

A Brilliant Film that is Sutprisingly less violent than the title insinuates

Adult Written byLuprrocritic April 21, 2020

Adult Written bySherrysim April 14, 2020

Amazing movie, best ending in film history, amazing plot twists.

This movie is amazing and if your teen is into films this is a must watch for them. There are gunshot wounds and of course fist fights. For sex you should probably fast forward the scenes, you need to skip at 32:24, 48:29 and 50:54. I may have missed some scenes but there wouldn’t be much more Than the 3. Everyone should watch this film at least one time in there life!
Adult Written byjoaquingv March 22, 2020

Adult Written byi am an adult yes February 26, 2020

best movie

Adult Written byInterstellarStyles August 29, 2019

Violent, Satirical, Sexy Twist Movie

The whole movie is a satirical look on consumerism and average white collar lives. The depressed insomniac narrator starts an underground Fight Club with his new friend Tyler Durden who speaks somewhat philosophical about humanity. He starts a very complicated relationship with Marla Singer who is probably almost as unstable as he is. This movie is not for kids but I think anyone 13+ can handle it. A brief sex scene and ending nudity shot for a second should be skipped but otherwise the movie should be fine if you can handle violence and language.

Adult Written byLmadiedo February 13, 2019

Adult Written byAntiSky October 4, 2018

Really Deep

It is heart felt and great quotes but a little bit too violent though. Not for Kids, only Adults.

Parent of a 13-year-old Written byAdamJen12 September 9, 2018

Amazing movie for Mature Teens and Up

Fight club is not just a cult classic, it's a brain twisting journey that genuinely provokes thought through symbolism and hidden messages and hints towards the end of the movie; along with a motif following the whole movie almost criticizing modern day consumerism, this movie is an amazing watch over and over.

Sadly, this movie is not for the faint of heart or children. The movie has graphic violence, sex, gore, and many other things that could be offensive to most audiences. I recommend a 16 year old at the LEAST if your teen knows basic right from wrong and that overall, it's just a movie.

Parent Written byIan F. May 24, 2018

Slick Production (for the older guys)

Fight Club does a pretty smart job of staying relevant nearly 20 years after release. We are no longer living in the world of 1999 but there's very little that feels different now. It was something of a minor miracle that this film was even made. It's an anti-capitalist, anti-authoritarian, anarchistic orgy of violent masculinity turned self-help seminar. It's a bit masculist too and I'v yet to meet a woman who has enjoyed it but I'm sure they are out there. Frankly, it mocks so much (in ways both satirical and silly) about modern life from "the IKEA nesting instinct" to organized religion to corporate America that it's no wonder it did not do well in theatres on release. It's an R, which certainly detracts from box office gross. It's very violent. Characters bareknuckle box one another until bones crack and blood spills in the name of male empowerment. It's also laced with lots of language (most of the usual culprits from F*#$ to Sh*#) and a few scenes of sex and nudity. This one is certainly for older teens (mature ones at best) but content aside the movie is extremely slick in production and execution which makes it stand up to scrutiny today in ways that a lot of 90s films do not. There's a lot of mid-depth philosophy on remaking one's self but I enjoy the film for some excellent performances by the 3 leads and the cleverly teased out story told in gritty, washed out, celluloid glory.