Kid reviews for Finding Dory

Delightful sequel promotes teamwork; some sadness, scares.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMr.ChrisGold June 15, 2016

Outstanding

It's the best animated film, from ages 0 to 99! My personal favorite

Teen, 13 years old Written byxMovieReviewer_ June 17, 2016

Brilliant and beautifully animated sequel has some sadness/scares but is very entertaining for all.

My rating:PG for mild thematic elements.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKieran W June 28, 2016

Incredible Movie

Finding Dory is yet another outstanding movie released by Pixar! It manages to be funny and fast-paced while also dealing with good messages like never give up. This movie has some scenes which could frighten some kids younger then 5 years old, but any age over that should be fine.

Kid, 9 years old June 19, 2016

Dazzling and hilarious sequel is beautiful and entertaining and sweet but has some scares and creepy scenes.

This outstanding and uplifting sequel took 13 years to make, from when Finding Nemo hit theater's to now, but this movie takes place one year after Marlin the clownfish went across the ocean looking for his son Nemo with the help of Dory, the forgetful fish. Everything is going amazing for the friends/neighbors until Dory has a flashback to when she was a little fish, and remembers she had parents until she got lost, and could never find them again. Once she realizes she used to live on the California coast, she begs Nemo and Marlin to help her find her family. Thanks to the awesome sea turtles, Nemo, Marlin, and Dory or at the California coast quickly, but they're broke apart when scientists rescue Dory and put a tag on her. Now, Dory's missions are to find her parents, but also to find Marlin and Nemo, which will be interrupted by many challenges. While in a huge aquarium type place, Dory must befriend some sea creatures, including a nice, friendly octopus named Hank to help her find Nemo, and Marlin, but also find her parents. But, for Marlin and Nemo, they befriend two seals to help them find Dory. Will Dory find her parents? Will Marlin and Nemo find Dory? How will this magical tale end? Violence 3/5: This family movie is, although not violent, has some intense scenes featuring a lost Dory, and the friends being chased by some angry animals. Fish are thrown around rooms, and nearly suffocate from not being in the water. An angry, giant squid is seen chasing Dory, Marlin, and Nemo, and nearly eats Nemo. Cop cars get into accidents which include a car bumping into and smashing a man (not injured), and a truck flying through the air, nearly crushing fish. Sad tone when Dory is seen lost. Sexual content and nudity 1/5: There is no sexual content or nudity, but in one hilarious scene, Dory is seen assisting the teacher stingray, and he says "let's have this talk," and Dory briefly starts to talk about how when a mommy and a daddy love each other, and so on. Some brief, non-explicit innuendo. Language 2/5: Language is very infrequent, and there are no serious cursing, but viewers will hear "suck it," "crap," and even, "damn," but nothing too strong. Drinking and drugs 0/5. This family sequel is outstandingly entertaining, hilarious, beautiful, and gives a huge message about family, friendship, and never giving up. My rating:PG for mild thematic elements, brief language, and some action.
Kid, 12 years old June 25, 2016
I watched this yesterday at the theater and, yeah, it was pretty good. The scene where Dory finds her family again can be a little happy-sad. The giant squid at the beginning can be frightful to younger children. And a funny part is where a guy hits his head on a mirror. Becky could be a little scary but there's nothing bad in thie movie.

Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2016

Just Keep Swimming

Overall, this movie has a GREAT message. It shows love for friends and family, and includes mentally challenged and disabled characters. One thing that really bothered me was a joke when Dory was helping Mr. Ray, and the kids were asking about mommies and daddys, so she said ," well, when two fish love each other...", which was referring to SEX. After that, mr Ray quickly changed to a different subject. Also, the movie includes "swearing" such as: holy carp, darn it, and other phrases that referred to cussing. I really didn't expect any of that from a Disney movie. Otherwise, great movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMluvs2sk8 September 12, 2016

"Totally sick!"

This is an awesome movie! I watched it recently so I have a pretty good memory. I think it should be rated G, not PG cause it was pretty light on me. Yes, it's not a sequel, it's a spin-off. The parts I noticed were the joke in the beginning, the squid, the bucket of dead fish (most people will find it funny), and the part towards the climax where everyone thinks Dory's parents are dead. But that part is only five minutes or so, not very long at all. So if anyone thinks the squid chase part would be scary for kids, think about the first movie! Gosh, there were waaaaayyy more near-misses in that one. And there were way too many flashbacks IMO. The first scene was sort of cool, but I thought there were a little bit too many references to the first movie. Now on to the positive. This movie has lots of funny and cute parts, I love the new characters, and Disney did NOT kill off the parents!! My four-year-old cousin was reassuring my sister that there were no scary parts and that "everything would be okay" the whole movie. I guess that's enough to reassure whoever reads this review! One last note: watch the scene at the end of the credits. It's worth it! I will definitely be seeing this movie again and I will want to buy it when it comes out on Blu-Ray this fall! I have never laughed harder in a movie theater. I do like the first movie more, but this one's awesome! Love it!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byteenreviewer1 June 22, 2016

Lovable new characters, the same great adventure...

A little bit too reflective on the concepts/plot of Finding Nemo, and can have a slow start for some kids with short attention spans, however, a great family movie! Finding Dory has an interesting, touching conflict, and new characters with personalities that will steal your heart. This movie's ending compliments both movies and spreads a strong, valuable message to even young children. A must see for all Finding Nemo fans!

Teen, 13 years old Written byAverageJake June 17, 2016

Brilliance by Pixar

Finding Dory is a cute movie for almost every kid. The animation is incredible and there is very little violence and peril. There are consistent laughs throughout, and little inappropriate content. My 5 year old brother loved this movie. Adopted families however, may struggle with Finding Dory, and I don't recommend it.

Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2016

I think it was a great family movie!

But I think they should change the part with the giant squid trying to eat them because it could cause people trying to eat each other or cause violence with teeth,and also they should change the part of the car crashing into the lake because people might do the same thing. Although I seriously doubt it. THANK YOU HAVE A NICE DAY

Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2016

Very Funny, Inspiring, and Heart Touching

This movie definitely shows how much your parents appreciate and love their kids. One of my favorite parts was finding "Easter Eggs". When I watched the movie at the theater, there was a short video in the beginning called "Piper". A little bird was running around the shore with the other birds catching clams. When Dory first meets Hank there is the same bird in the picture behind him when he is pulling the cart with Dory on top of it closer. Then when he is talking to Dory, there is a picture of Darla, the girl who was at the dentist in "Finding Nemo", behind the fish tank. I really enjoyed watching the movie and if you haven't seen it yet I reccomend you do that because it was great and try and find some more "Easter Eggs", too!

Kid, 11 years old September 9, 2016

A great movie

This film was very funny and heartbreaking. We think it is suitable for ages 3-20+ Dory was very brave to search for her parents .
Kid, 7 years old July 31, 2016

It's too sad

Finding Dory, it is too faintable. It is so sad because Dory loses her memory and her parents. There is too many ads before the movie, and very very violent ones.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCraCraGal October 14, 2017

Very Good Sequel to FN

I love finding Dory and just watched it after lunch! It's a very good sequel to Finding Nemo! It's so much fun and heart warming! It's a must see! there's more fun characters, a new plot, and so much family love! (Even though I do ship Dorlin)

Kid, 8 years old June 18, 2016

Good but not great

Violence-2 Sex-1 Language-1 Consumerism-0 Drinking-0 Title says the rest.

Teen, 17 years old Written byFutureActor123 August 18, 2016

Funny, heartfelt, and beautifully animated

This film was so much better than it need to be. The entire voice cast old and new are wonderful. Many moments in the movie will make you laugh, some A little harder than others. Yet it never forgets to pull at the heartstrings with a opening that will make you tear up a bit. The way they handle disabilities is amazing a great message of embrace your differences which Is great for everyone especially kids. Plus when not laugh or crying your constantly blown away by the breathtaking animation. So fluid and smooth it's really something to behold in theaters
Kid, 7 years old August 12, 2016

Really not worth seeing

Not a good movie. If your kid is under six do not let them see this. Too sad for kids under six. I am really disappointed. Not worth seeing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvMovies June 26, 2016

Not As Cult As The Original, Worse than Inside Out, But Better Than Pixars Last Few Projects

When it comes to most Pixar films, critics usually give it about 96, 98 or 100% If you go to rottentomatoes.com and type in Finding Nemo, you'll find out that 99% of critics really enjoyed this movie. That pretty much tells you that it's a really really good movie. So as a huge Pixar fan, I was surprised to find out that 94% of critics enjoyed Finding Dory. Comparing to Pixar's past sequels such as Monsters University and Cars 2, the film is pretty good , even if it isn't as innovative as Inside Out. I wish they could have taken away some of the lame humor and the slow motion scene seen at the end of the film, but overall it is pretty enjoyable and I think your kids will like it. You may want to stay for the after credits. It's pretty funny.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHeyo_Simba October 27, 2016

Awesome

Best animated film of 2016! Some parts may make children (and adults) cry.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJGI_A113 September 23, 2016

Unnecessary sequel hits a lot of the same beats as the first

Finding Dory is as good as a sequel to Finding Nemo could be, and it does hit a lot of the same beats as that first movie. There may be a couple of scenes that may frighten younger children, but a lot of it is still less intense than the original. Fine movie, if you like finding Nemo you may like this movie, if you didn't you won't. I certainly don't love this movie, but it's fine for what it is