Kid reviews for Finding Neverland

Emotional J.M. Barrie biopic has some mature themes.

Teen, 17 years old Written byavalentin June 9, 2018

The Door

"Finding Neverland"

Neverland is a wonderful place for where we all have been long looking. A place where our dreams come true; a place where we can utterly indulge ourselves; a place where we are free from constraints.

People do not believe the existence of such ethereal paradise, as the same way people disbelieve fairies. However, we tried hard to step into this heaven while the threshold floats only in our dreams.

Innocent children enjoy their life, full of hopes and joynesses. They excuse themselves from science, opening the door of imagination. Fairies exist as in "The Play" — only if we believe — and they certainly do — as you believe — surrounding us invisibly.

Dwelling too much in this fast-paced reality excluded us from Neverland. Sitting on a bench in a park and having thoughts about virtuality, like James, is a sheer luscious activity, even in a weekend afternoon. Let Neverland be merely an ignorant. The entrance of this Utopia shall come along our death: the time when we can finally breath.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBreaden Hoffmaster May 7, 2017

“No! You must believe...not an ounce of doubt this time.” -James Barrie

‘Finding Neverland’ is an amazing and magical movie. It shows the story behind the story of Peter Pan (much like Disney’s ‘Saving Mr. Banks) and should delight fans of Peter Pan, or fans of Johnny Depp.

It’s pretty child-friendly, but some of the “thematic elements” are a bit intense. James' friend tells him that people have begun to question what he does with his time with the 4 boys, and James is shocked that people could think such a thing. And a key-characters wife cheats on him and they separate. No language to speak of though, other than “crap” , “bull pittle” and a “shit” under his breath which is barely audible with the accent. There’s no violence other than some arguments and a boy trashes and breaks things in a room out of frustration. But overall, it’s a highly imaginative story that is sure to delight viewers young and old. 100% fresh in my opinion!

Kid, 12 years old June 18, 2012

Tear Jerker

Definitely a tear jerker!
It was pretty good in quality.
I would not recommend and child seeing this if they have recently experienced death in the family.
Johnny was not at all like Captain Jack Sparrow
Kid, 11 years old December 31, 2011

To be cried over again and again

I just came back from watching this movie and it is one of the best I have watched in a while. I think I will cry every time at the end whenever I watch it. For those who are looking for a Jack Sparrow Johnny Depp, this movie is not like that (I have watched the pirates of the Caribbean movies and in only two places could I recognize Johnny Depp). Overall it was a beautiful movie only on the sad side. J. M. Barry is a good role model because he had me entranced with his imagination during parts of the movie. He used his imagination to heal the boys.

Kid, 12 years old March 20, 2011

very decent biopic

seen this film tree times when its been on tv and each time my mum has cried. A touching film with a great performance from johnny depp
Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina October 1, 2010

A tad boring, but really sad/sweet

Aw, this made me cry! But it was so sweet, and I've always wondered who inspired Peter Pan (The real person committed suicide after a few of his brothers deaths- sad fact) The characters get you to feel along with them. I zoned in and out of the movie though, it bored me (no offence, it just did) The imagination was really strong too, which I love, I LOVE it when people use their imagination, because a lot of people today copy off of eachother and look down on personality- typical society. The ending was pretty sad, and Peter was really emotional because of the trama that happened in his life. And Barrie was there for him :)

Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 February 16, 2010

Biopic exceeds expectations

This, if I recall correctly was up for Best Picture. This movie was enjoyable if you liked 2 things: 1. Depp, 2. Peter Pan. I've liked all of the Depp/Burton collabs, bu this wasn't one of them unfortunately. I'm glad "Million Dollar Baby" took it home, but this movie is entertaining so you at least get to see the fictionalized telling of Barrie's Peter Pan inspiration.
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2009
It's the only Johnny Depp movie I like. The acting is wonderful, though it's a bit sad.
Kid, 11 years old March 12, 2009

It's so sad!

The mom dies but I don't know why! When I saw the credits, they had sad music!
Teen, 14 years old Written byshadowexile6 March 10, 2009

absolutely wonderful

In this one of a kind film johnny depp is at his best. I found it to be very well done with wonderful acting. It really is a good movie but not to much for younger kids, i only say this because they would more than likely say something like "mommy im bored" or perhaps "can we rent barney goes to space instead?" no such movie. Admittedly i cried my eyes out at the end but as i see it all good movies make us cry.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAlexH April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byShinjo April 9, 2008

A very touching movie!

I really enjoyed this movie. The acting is very well done, especially by Johnny Depp. I cried at the end, and some parts are a little heavy. Kids under the age of 8 would probably be confused by some parts, but for people older, I think they will probably love this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystar April 9, 2008

Finding Neverland was a great story and many well love it.

A great film but may disapoint people in the way it was done.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymvrtr April 9, 2008

Amazing Movie!!!!

This movie was extremely well written well performed. This wonderful movie is a must-see for anybody 7 or older. There were a few sad scenes, so be prepared for any one 7 or younger to cry.
Overall, this movie was an A++++++!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byzaneybraney12 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byjoc13 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byelenmadil April 9, 2008
Grate movie! One of my favorite. Made look at Peter Pan in a different way.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHannah181822ab April 9, 2008

A Drama Story

This movie had a really dramatic air to it, and it was sad in some areas. Johnny Depp did an awesome job with it and pulled off the Irish accent with perfection! It was like a documentary on the man who wrote Peter Pan. Johnny Depp's character has a very imaginitive imagination and it's really uniqe how they put it into the movie. For the people who said this movie was a let down because they wanted to see the real Peter Pan and Wendy, their's a big difference. Excuse me it'scalled "Finding Neverland." Nobody said anything about Peter Pan and Wendy going to neverland. You have to pay attention to all the words in the title just don't go by one word. All together this movie was really great and mothers and daughters will love watching it together.
Teen, 17 years old Written byjcsoblonde April 9, 2008

1 of jonnys best

i absolutly LOVE this movie!!!!!! its one of those rare ones where i cry even if its the 15th hundredth time ive seen it lolol its just SUCH a touching story! jonny is amazing...just amazing hes so perfect as jm barrie...wow just great! one of his best roles hes ever ever done!!! this movie was unique to, and i loved all the special effects and kewl camera shots, especially the one on peter in the theatre!!! highly recommended!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byiloveharrypotter7 April 9, 2008

PHENOMENAL

This movie was so heart felt. Makes you look at life in a different way. Kate Winslet and Johnny Depp are amazing!!!