Kid reviews for Finding Neverland

Finding Neverland Poster Image

What an Amazing and Touching Movie

What an amazing movie! Some more deep and tear-jerking content so maybe don't take very young ones. But that was one the best movies I've seen! Defiantly watch it!

finding Neverland

its an amazing movie with amazing acting from Johnny Depp however I don't think young children should watch it as they might get bored

The Door

"Finding Neverland" Neverland is a wonderful place for where we all have been long looking. A place where our dreams come true; a place where we can utterly indulge ourselves; a place where we are free from constraints. People do not believe the existence of such ethereal paradise, as the same way people disbelieve fairies. However, we tried hard to step into this heaven while the threshold floats only in our dreams. Innocent children enjoy their life, full of hopes and joynesses. They excuse themselves from science, opening the door of imagination. Fairies exist as in "The Play" — only if we believe — and they certainly do — as you believe — surrounding us invisibly. Dwelling too much in this fast-paced reality excluded us from Neverland. Sitting on a bench in a park and having thoughts about virtuality, like James, is a sheer luscious activity, even in a weekend afternoon. Let Neverland be merely an ignorant. The entrance of this Utopia shall come along our death: the time when we can finally breath.

“No! You must believe...not an ounce of doubt this time.” -James Barrie

‘Finding Neverland’ is an amazing and magical movie. It shows the story behind the story of Peter Pan (much like Disney’s ‘Saving Mr. Banks) and should delight fans of Peter Pan, or fans of Johnny Depp. It’s pretty child-friendly, but some of the “thematic elements” are a bit intense. James' friend tells him that people have begun to question what he does with his time with the 4 boys, and James is shocked that people could think such a thing. And a key-characters wife cheats on him and they separate. No language to speak of though, other than “crap” , “bull pittle” and a “shit” under his breath which is barely audible with the accent. There’s no violence other than some arguments and a boy trashes and breaks things in a room out of frustration. But overall, it’s a highly imaginative story that is sure to delight viewers young and old. 100% fresh in my opinion!

Tear Jerker

Definitely a tear jerker! It was pretty good in quality. I would not recommend and child seeing this if they have recently experienced death in the family. Johnny was not at all like Captain Jack Sparrow

To be cried over again and again

I just came back from watching this movie and it is one of the best I have watched in a while. I think I will cry every time at the end whenever I watch it. For those who are looking for a Jack Sparrow Johnny Depp, this movie is not like that (I have watched the pirates of the Caribbean movies and in only two places could I recognize Johnny Depp). Overall it was a beautiful movie only on the sad side. J. M. Barry is a good role model because he had me entranced with his imagination during parts of the movie. He used his imagination to heal the boys.

very decent biopic

seen this film tree times when its been on tv and each time my mum has cried. A touching film with a great performance from johnny depp

A tad boring, but really sad/sweet

Aw, this made me cry! But it was so sweet, and I've always wondered who inspired Peter Pan (The real person committed suicide after a few of his brothers deaths- sad fact) The characters get you to feel along with them. I zoned in and out of the movie though, it bored me (no offence, it just did) The imagination was really strong too, which I love, I LOVE it when people use their imagination, because a lot of people today copy off of eachother and look down on personality- typical society. The ending was pretty sad, and Peter was really emotional because of the trama that happened in his life. And Barrie was there for him :)

Biopic exceeds expectations

This, if I recall correctly was up for Best Picture. This movie was enjoyable if you liked 2 things: 1. Depp, 2. Peter Pan. I've liked all of the Depp/Burton collabs, bu this wasn't one of them unfortunately. I'm glad "Million Dollar Baby" took it home, but this movie is entertaining so you at least get to see the fictionalized telling of Barrie's Peter Pan inspiration.
It's the only Johnny Depp movie I like. The acting is wonderful, though it's a bit sad.