All parent member reviews for Forever Strong

Educator and Parent Written bySkier1225 April 6, 2012

Excellent

Parent Written bySupportive Parent July 11, 2011

A steady and strong stand on sticking to right choices

Some of the best movies rarely get the prestige deserved in common media. As a father, I grow tired of how TV and movies paint Dad's as a doofus while glamorizing alcohol consumption or drug use. I'm not competitve and don't watch rugby but movies like Forever Strong leave me with a call to action that inspires. This movie is perfect for every boy or girl from age 12 and up who has every played ANY sport and any parent who has volunteered to help coach kids to be more than better players, but better people. Don't let the abrupt beginning make you think it's a bad movie. The negative light placed around the first few scenes sets the stage for the gradual take off and launch of strong morals.
Parent Written byTimsArmyWifey June 7, 2011

A Must see if you have boys...

Great movie with strong values. There is some drinking and drugs involved, bad behavior and a few bad words but overall the positive message gets beyond those things. This is a violent movie in that it portrays rugby from a field view not just the sidelines and people get hurt! But the message of being a real man of character, and moving beyond selfish boyhood is fantastic! Great special features included as well
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byzibdi January 7, 2011

Good movie that's got excitement and teaches good lessons

Very good movie to show the consequences of drugs & alcohol abuse. Got some kind of rough rugby scenes that were tough for a squeamish mom, but exciting too. Lesson comes through that's best to life with integrity and responsibility. I let my 10 y/o & 12 y/o boys watch.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byGina74 November 8, 2010

Perfect for middle schoolers heading into high school.

I really enjoyed this movie and it's message. Unfortunately, the drugs and dinking are a cold, hard fact our children are faced with every day. I felt this movie dealt with it appropriately and didn't glamorize it in any way. It showed the consequences of what happens when we act irresponsibly. Kids just want us to honest with them and this movie does just that. I wish there were more coaches and role models like the men in this movie.
Parent of a 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, and 14 year old Written byProud_mama_of_7 February 13, 2010

Good, but for older kids

This was a good uplifting movie as well. Shows that anyone can change. Based on a true story. Would recommend for ages 13 and up though, because some issues and a couple things in it make it not for the younger audience.
Parent of a 2, 7, 9, 13, and 15 year old Written byFresnoBengoshi February 8, 2010

Principles for Building Boys Into Fine Men

This movie is inspirational. Role models for boys are hard to find and seeing the personal struggle of one man to make significant changes in his life and succeeding in remaking his life by committing to lasting values was refreshing.