Parent reviews for Forrest Gump

Forrest Gump Poster Image

A great movie but not for young teens, skip the sex scenes, drug scenes, and prostitute scenes. This film is able to make the audience cry with tears!!!

Combining elements of comedy, motivation to satire. Forrest Gump, a film directed by Robert Zemeckis and starring veteran actor Tom Hanks, manages to instill very deep moral values ​​in every scene. The film, which was made in 1994, deserves to be called the best film of all time. The film, based on the novel by Winston Groom, tells the story of a man named Forrest Gump. Forrest who since childhood was considered a stupid child with an IQ of 75 has a unique life story. Having been belittled by everyone, Forrest continued to go forward with a stupid label by others against him. Forrest Gump is an epic film that makes the audience realize that behind the shortcomings there are many advantages in each person. The nature of the main character Forrest Gump can certainly be a good example for everyone. So what kind of traits can we imitate from Forrest Gump's character? 1. Loving Parents We can see how much Forrest Gump loves his mother. In the film he is willing to swim from the ocean and run through the city when he hears the news that his mother, Mrs. Gump is sick. Forrest Gump certainly realized that his mother's struggle could not be reciprocated with anything. The mother who always supports Forrest in the midst of his shortcomings makes Forrest realize that his mother is his hero. 2. Always positive and optimistic. Although Forrest Gump is known as an idiot character in the film. But his stupidity is not a problem for a Forrest. He keeps going and always thinks positive. Don't complain and always try. In the film, Forrest Gump always shows his positive nature in any situation and in any crisis. Can you copy this. 3. Never give up and be generous Of course, if you have watched the Forrest Gump movie, you will realize how generous the character Forrest Gump is. After he managed to create a shrimp company with the initials of his friend Bubba Gump Shrimp Corporation. He and Lieutenant Dan, a character frustrated by his disability during the Vietnam war, started a shrimp fishing business. After repeatedly failing to catch shrimp at the beginning of his search for shrimp. Forrest Gump didn't give up. He tried many times and of course failed many times. Until one day his shrimp catch was successful and together with Lieutenant Dan he managed to create the most successful shrimp fishing company in his city. Forrest Gump, who seemed to be a very successful businessman, didn't feel happy. Until finally he handed over his company to Lieutenant Dan and gave his income to the Bubba family, his best friend who had motivated him to start the shrimp fishing company. 4. Good promise holder Bubba is a black man whom Forrest met when he joined the military. Forrest and Bubba's relationship is quite unique. It's said that their friends don't seem too close. But this is the other side of the Forrest Gump movie. Bubba, who when he was with Forrest, always talked about the world of shrimp, of course, for many people who listened to him talk about shrimp, it was quite boring. But not with Forrest, he always listened to Bubba talk about shrimp and Bubba's dream that when he finished his military duty he would set up a shrimp company with Forrest. But unlucky, Bubba died on the battlefield. Until it was left Forrest with his promise with Bubba to set up a shrimp fishing company. Instead of burying the promise. Forrest kept his promise to his best friend Bubba by successfully founding a very successful company, the Bubba Gump Shrimp Corporation. Forrest's promise and dream with Bubba finally came true. 5. Don't forget friends and best friends in any situation The next Forrest Gump trait that you can emulate is that he always helps anyone. You can see it in the film even in critical times when Forrest and his troops are attacked by the enemy. Had separated well with his best friend Bubba and Lieutenant Dan. Forrest did not want to stay silent, he finally returned to the battlefield and saved his friends who were still alive even though they were full of wounds. No exception for Lieutenant Dan who he saved even though he had to lose his leg in the end. Lieutenant Dan, who was frustrated with his disability, was angry with Forrest. But again Forrest did not want to forget the Lieutenant Dan. He accidentally meets Lieutenant Dan who turns into a beggar in a wheelchair. Forrest, who at that time was a hero of his country, certainly felt sorry for Lieutenant Dan. Over time Forrest managed to raise new hope for Lieutenant Dan by getting him to join his shrimp fishing company. Lieutenant Dan joins in until Forrest gladly hands over the company he built to Lieutenant Dan. An extraordinary trait. 6. Faithful in love affairs Not only comedy and motivational elements in the Forrest Gump film. Of course the romance drama between Forrest and Jenny can be a good example for everyone. The single love story between Forrest Gump and Jenny seems to break the audience's heart when they see how loyal Forrest Gump is to Jenny. Although he had been separated several times for a long time and many times Forrest Gump was rejected by Jenny and many times he saw Jenny's bad side. Forrest Gump remained standing faithfully waiting for Jenny. He still loves Jenny with all her flaws. Until finally he and Jenny got married. But the marriage did not last long because Jenny had to leave the world early due to a virus due to her wild life. Forrest Gump must have been very sad, Jenny's long-awaited love finally ended briefly. For Forrest Gump, Jenny was his first and last love. 7. Good father At the end of the story, Forrest Gump who has become a father, gives his best love to his son. He applies the love he gets from his mother who is also a single parent. Without Jenny's presence, Forrest Gump performed his role appropriately to be a good father to his son. This film deserves to be watched and imitated in our daily lives because there are so many valuable messages and moral values ​​that we can follow in this film. This film, which has been nominated for 13 Academy Awards, you must watch this at least once in your life !!!!!

2 people found this helpful.
it was a well made movie 100% recommend

1 person found this helpful.
not rated for age

Yuck

Yes, Tom Hanks performed brilliantly but overall this movie was disgusting. The amount of sex, language, drugs etc. was unreal and depressing. I never get the impression of love, care or concern for Forrest in this movie. One movie I wish I could forget and erase ever having watched.
1 person found this helpful.

Fantastic movie!

Very touching yet silly movie.

You're just like everyone else Forrest...

We skipped the sex, drugs and war scenes. My son really loved the rest of the film and got a lot from it.

Great for all ages

Watch this movie!

Great film, too much sex scenes for tweens

Too many sex scenes for younger tweens. Again, one of those movies I wish I'd read more of the reviews before saying it was ok to watch! Amazingly, I had never watched when I was younger as I thought it was too long and sounded boring. How wrong I was! What a brilliant film. My boys 12 and 10 have already watched police documentaries and border control so know about drugs, I wasn't so bothered with that bit. It's the prostitute and sex scenes I didn't like and cringed watching them thinking 'I didn't realise these were going to be in the movie'!! Probably not too much harm done but still...

Great movie for teens

I just watched this with my 13 yr old. I haven’t seen it since it came out so it was fun to rewatch it. It is a great story. My son loved it. Great talking points about history and feelings. There are a few scenes not really good for my kiddo or maybe I should say scenes I have to explain and watch with him. Ha! If you’re like me, here are the times to find the remote and do some fast forwarding. Right after his mother is talking with the principle in the beginning. He’s sitting outside the door of the principles office. Right after that his mother does a favor for the principle back at the house. Second time is when Forrest is with Lt. Dan on NYE. After talking about being a shrimp boat captain. Two “ladies” show up. Right after Jenny leaves her abusive beaus house, it goes back to Forrest and Dan with the aforementioned ladies. Last one was on the Fourth of July when Jenni returns. It takes place after Forrest comments on learning how to dance. Again, I’m that mom and I’m not quite ready to watch that stuff with my teen. Overall a great movie!

Awesome

Really good movie, also very sad. Though, common sense media forgot about when they said the n word! so yes, a lot of cursing but nothing THAT bad on the sex scale. Jenny is a total asshole though and Forrest is a amazing person. so that kinda sucks but hey amazing movie WATCH IT!