All parent member reviews for Frosty the Snowman

Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written byDNA Mama December 10, 2009

A good starter for the little ones holiday viewing!

Both my kids love this and want to watch it over and over. The classic is much better than Frosty Returns....even my 3 year old agrees!
Parent Written byjdkinchen December 3, 2010

My son loves Fwosty the Snowman!

Adult Written byLowe's man January 10, 2014

plenty of examples of others helping others

This special is very sentimental, as it's about letting go just when you're getting to know someone and becoming his friend. There are also many examples of characters helping one another, such as when Frosty takes Karen into the greenhouse so she can warm up, or when Santa Claus opens the door to the greenhouse to bring Frosty back to life. Parents should also make sure that their children know that Professor Hinkle threw his magic hat away. At that point it wasn't his anymore. The rabbit, who "broke ranks" with him, "gave" it to Frosty. At that point the hat belonged to Frosty. I would highly recommend this special.
Adult Written byHarry Potter 1 June 9, 2013

The joy of imagination.

Frosty the Snowman is a true Christmas classic. While my favorite Christmas special remains "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.",I have a special place in my heart for "Frosty the Snowman and I watch 2-3 times every December,including Christmas Eve night. The beauty of "Frosty the Snowman." is that it's about imagination. How much fun is it to imagine building a snowman and having to come to life. And just around Christmas too! That's the really beauty of Frosty the Snowman. Another strong point of this show is Jimmy Durante's singing of the song Frosty the Snowman. I bought an mp3 version of Jimmy Durante's Frosty the Snowman from this show last November and it is definitely the best version of the song "Frosty the Snowman that I've heard." Parents should be aware that there is an intensely sad scene in this show where Frosty "melts" and is believed to be a goner. He does,of course,come back later,but because of the intense sadness of that scene,this show should not be viewed by toddlers or preschoolers. Kids in Kindergarten or older should be able to cope with "Frosty the Snowman." I highly recommend this show as it is a true Christmas classic. Sex/sexuality: None at al :) Language: Not an issue. No profanity and no insult words. Drugs,alcohol,and tobacco: Not an issue. Frosty does have a pipe but he never smokes. Emotional intensity: 2 out of 5. Mostly happy and cheerful but the scene of Frosty melted and Karen crying is very sad. Violence: Not an issue. Even the worst act of villainy,where Professor Hinkle locks Frosty in the greenhouse in the hopes of Frosty melting so he can get the hat is non violent. Absolutely off for: Toddlers and preschoolers. Absolutely okay for: Kindergarteners and older. Is this a once or twice movie,a several times movie,or a many times movie: A many times movie.
Adult Written byAndrew Haxley July 10, 2011

A Great Christmas Film About A Magical Talking Snowman??

This is a great christmas movie for kids it also has positive messages that no matter who you are you will always be loved and when i saw it i kinda liked it at first because it is a fun and educational it also has a talking snowman with a top hat and who sings fun christmas songs and who is freindly and nice this movie also has freindship in it and also it has a villian that wants to take frosty away and melt him with heat and also there are positive role models i don't know why the other reviews for this film say that it's a bad movie and that they don't like it but i recommend you go see this rent it and watch it on christmas eve with your children on christmas and also it it's a great one to have!
Parent of a 4, 4, and 7 year old Written bymagasalee March 18, 2011