Parent reviews for Frozen

Frozen Poster Image

Not as Good as People Say

When Frozen came out, kids and adults were in love with the story and loveable characters. The film even won the best animated movie of the year award. But is Frozen really as good as people say? It doesn't seem to be that much different from a lot of Disney movies with love as the moral. And soon people started to dislike Frozen because of how popular its become. This same pattern happened with Moana, too. And here is what happens: when new Disney films get released, everyone goes to watch them. Then people talk about the new movie on social media. This makes sure that everyone knows about the movie. And over time with everyone talking about the movie, people start to get sick of it. It didn't help that people are digging up some stuff about Frozen that make you not want to watch it. I think there is a great message for young kids, but the characters aren't exactly good role models. Elsa start a huge storm in her kingdom and the runs away from everyone. Then Anna goes after Elsa leaving her kingdom defenceless against the winter. It's not good for kids to think that running away from your problems is ok.

1 person found this helpful.

1 person found this helpful.

Well done, great songs

Catchy soundtrack, very singable. Beautifully done. Didn’t like that they portrayed the guy as a “fixer-upper”. We can do better than that in the 2000’s, folks! Marketed toward a younger crowd. We thought it was perfect for our kids, 6 and 9 years old.

Did not know this was a musical...

The film is strongest when it sticks to its Norwegian roots. Aesthetically the film is lovely. However, I am not a fan of musicals and did not realize this film was a musical and was not pleased by the constant singing. I found the characters to be okay. My first exposure to Olaf was the film short before Coco and it did not endear me to him. Although he was in his element, I still did not find him charming or interesting. Seeing the power of sisters onscreen is lovely and a fresh take on the Snow Queen fairy tale. My 5 year old son of course, loved it.
Everyone in our family enjoyed this movie. We've been quoting our favorite characters and remembering the funniest scenes ever since.

Some Scary Parts for little kids

Its so good. i would say kind of violent but not too much. watch it with a parent. The violent part is Anna and Elsa are fighting together in the castle it just was scary for me at 4&5. Marshmallow was Elsas giant snow creature he wasn’t that scary might scare some kids under four. But other than that it was very good.