Kid reviews for Frozen

Wintry Disney musical is fabulous celebration of sisterhood.

Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 November 27, 2013

Wonderful film

This was such a good movie. There's a reason everyone talks about it: it was great! I loved the theme of the two sisters learning about bonding and love. Anna is adorable in her awkwardness, and Elsa's character is interesting with her sort-of-tragic story. Violence: Elsa and Anna's parents die in the beginning of the story. Elsa accidentally hurts Anna with her powers twice--once when they're kids and another time when they're adults. Also, Elsa creates dangerous obstacles with her powers, such as a giant ice man. An evil duke sends his men after Elsa to lock her up, and later kill her. Sex: A subplot of the story revolves around Anna finding her true love, but it's not the main focus of the story and is tame.

Kid, 12 years old November 23, 2014

awful

I mean, it's not inappropriate but it's not... good. It's extremely overrated. No one in the songs know how to sing and they're all cheesy with awful lyrics which just aren't even good at all. Yes, even Let It Go is a stinker in terms of plot and I think was just made for commercials and such. However, at least Idina Menzel or however you spell it is amazing. The plot was bad and was extremely predictable as I knew the ending in about 10 minutes. The characters are all pathetically one dimensional and dim witted, with Anna 'falling in love' in 2 seconds and Elsa going from fearing herself to not caring about screwing everyone over. Don't even get me started on the abusive parents and the out of COMPLETE NOWHERE rock trolls. The ending was stupid and predictable, with Elsa pulling a Harry Potter 3 'I remembered I did it before!' thing but dumber as there is NO reason for how she could magically melt everything all of a sudden. On a side note, how did Elsa get her powers? Why did Anna's hair turn back to brown after earlier she had that white strip in her hair? This plot has more holes than swiss cheese that got shot 3812947982174893718473918749317 times. The only thing that's good in this over hyped commercialized mess is the animation which is breathtaking. And by the way Elsa is NOT the first princess to not need a man as she is A QUEEN. This was THE WORST Disney movie I have EVER seen and my mother agrees as well.
Kid, 11 years old December 3, 2013

Some boys might not like it. To much singing in beginning.

Well the reason I give It one star is because there was to much singing and I am so mad at the movies released for little kids because on Friday there was only this or disney on ice and IM A BOY. I hate princesses because I think they are very girly but I liked brave because it was not like other disney princesses. I only like the action Parts. I didn't like the beginning because there was to much singing. When they were singing every word I was hoping my sister was going to fall asleep because we could leave but then it got a little more intense.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySanjayAndCraig April 22, 2014

I've Got A BUNCH Of Reasons This Movie STINKS! And Here's The Reasons Why!

A couple of YEARS ago Disney wanted to make a movie called THE SNOW QUEEN! But the idea was shelved. After the sucess of Tangled, Disney wanted to make a movie called "Frozen", But MAN I REALLY WANTED 2 SEE THAT! And A few years later I was watching Nickelodeon and I saw a commercial 4 "Frozen" Back then I wanted 2 see that movie,but a month or so later everyone that I knew had already seen it, I thought 2 myself I HAVE TO/GOT TO SEE THIS MOVIE! I asked my sister to take me to the mall by foot, just to see the movie but she got so stubborn, and said no. But around the time I got Pizza from the Target near that particular mall and "Frozen" I sat down in my room and watched it. I Liked the FIRST half of it but after the transition to the other half. I kind of started to think it was stupid. I mean I like Kristoff he's 1 cool dude. And his animal sidekick Sven. And I like Anna because she's an optimist. Olaf ("the comic relief" the snow man on the other hand reminds me of Mojo Jojo from The Powerpuff Girls, Plus Disney stole the name Olaf from one of the greatest villans in A Series Of Unfortunate Events. Hans the main villan is cool for a villan and he's not really that much of a villan just a secondary anti-hero. Elsa, on the other hand is probably the worst character, She's the MAIN Antihero AND the MAIN BAD-GUY! (Although I HATE IT when she REDEEMS herself.) Always shutting people out after she (not) purposely hurts Anna, Creating, A Blizzard, Turning Summer into Winter and Worst of all singing that HORRIBLE song "Let It Go"! During the second half I said to myself "Bah, sounds like a Badly done Snow Queen Disney Version to me," I thought. Boy in the 1st half did those little suckers get back at me. Now Let Me tell you the top 6 reasons on why I think frozen is so lame and stupid. 6: The Characters are so bland and that it needs a little bit more work... like I said before I mean I like Kristoff he's 1 cool dude. And his animal sidekick Sven. And I like Anna because she's an optimist. Olaf ("the comic relief") the snow man on the other hand reminds me of Mojo Jojo from The Powerpuff Girls, Plus Disney stole the name Olaf from one of the greatest villans in A Series Of Unfortunate Events. Hans the main villan is cool for a villan and he's not really that much of a villan just a secondary anti-hero. Elsa, on the other hand is probably the worst character, She's the MAIN Antihero AND the MAIN BAD-GUY! (Although I HATE IT when she REDEEMS herself.) Always shutting people out after she (not) purposely hurts Anna, Creating, A Blizzard, Turning Summer into Winter and Worst of all singing that HORRIBLE song "Let It Go"! ( I'll get to Let it Go in a minute). 5: Disney should have done a better job, I mean critics and random general people say it's great as "The Lion King" but it's NOT! If it was the same level as "The Lion King", It would have been MUCH darker and scarier, have at least one sacrifice, at least ONE FLIGHT sequence, be a Miyazaki-inspired movie, have the main bad-guy have magical powers, have Olaf and Sven tell Anna to not worry in a.... Hakuna Matata fashion, have Anna and Elsa's parents killed in a different way(Like falling off a hill etc.), Have a greater song then "Let It Go", (although Love is An Open Door reminded me my sister and our friends of High School Musical which is a great movie I buy every of it's merchandise at the Target I mentioned earlier tonight also the Love Is An Open Door song is like Hakuna Matata HSM style... by the lyrics Anna: Say goodbye Hans: Say goodbye Both: To the pain of the past We don't have to feel it any more.... see? And the movie would have more responsibility lessons, and it would have a better song than that silly "Let It Go"! So there. 4: "Frozen" deserves less the attention it can get! "Frozen" is an overappreciated movie! It won an Oscar, a Golden Globe, an Annie, a Kids Choice Awards etc. Ever go to the Disney Store sometime? If you do, you've no doubt noticed that about 80% of the merchandise that place has for television shows are for JETIX-airing shows that Disney didn't make. Sheesh! P.S. I'm a huge JETIX fan. and I'm a BOY! All i'm saying is that I want GREAT movies like The Wind Rises, Despicable Me 2, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2, Monsters University etc. to get more attention that that dumb "Frozen"! 4 the 2nd time Sheesh! 3:It's Disney! How could the stoop so low?! SHUT UP! The reason that "Frozen" is so popular is just an attempt by Disney to get more MONEY! That's because unlike some other products Disney's made they were not at the level as the greatest film of all time. 2: Teamo Supremo, Beyblade And Phineas And Ferb are much cooler Disney products. I mean the suckish "Frozen" targets 5 year old girls and Teamo Supremo, Beyblade And Phineas And Ferb etc. target 6-year-old boys I mean those tv shows are MUCH more Awesome! Those shows would win over the stupid "Frozen" Plus Candace from Phineas and Ferb is voiced by Ashley Tisdale (HSM Suite Life Of Zach and Cody). Beyblade was a JETIX show 4 once (since I am a JETIX fan). And Teamo Supremo, Crandall & Brenda make the CUTEST Disney Couple! Nuff Said. Finally the #1 I think "Frozen" sucks is because of the song "Let It Go"! Everytime I hear it it stays in my head! Honestly After "Let It Go" it just started to go downhill. (Although I do like the Demi Lavato version she's dating That 70's Show's Fez!) SERIOUSLY Disney pretend that 'Frozen" was never around so I can get on with my life! 4 the 3rd time Sheesh! Sorry If I offened anyone with the reasons you suck speech 2 "Frozen" I just am so ANGRY at "Frozen"! if there is anyone out there who hates "Frozen" create a Twitter,YouTube,Instagram,FaceBook,Tumblr,Vine,Blog,Pi-ntrest,etc. And Even SKYPE! and call it FrozenHaters and if anyone out there who feels the same way as me on your FrozenHaters page put hashtag #IHateFrozen and on May 1st 2014 we will announce how many people hate "Frozen" I'm not saying I hate Disney I just think they could have done a better job. So until then I'll catch you on the flipside?!

Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2013

Frozen is the best animated movie that I have seen.

It is funny and adventure-filled. It has a positive message, (SPOILERS!!!) and unlike any other Disney princess movie, the act of true love isn't the true love's first kiss, but the love between Anna and Elsa, who are sisters. It gives the positive message that one shouldn't go on what they think is "true love", but they should get to know the person first. (Anna makes that mistake and finds out that Hans betrays her at the worst time.) Anna is a positive role model when she sacrifices herself for Elsa, as is Elsa when she unfreezes Anna because of her love for Anna. The only real romance would be Anna and Kristoff's kiss at the end, but the whole movie wasn't about that. There is some mild violence such as the snow monster and Elsa using her powers to accidentally hurt Anna, but it's okay for kids over 6. (END OF SPOILERS) The songs are really catchy, and Olaf makes this movie funny as well! The story is wonderful and creative, and I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone 7 and above.

Teen, 13 years old Written bynathar31 December 1, 2013

Shocked

I thought that it was just going to be a boring princess story with no humor at all, but it is one of the best movies all year.

Kid, 9 years old January 3, 2014

Very Dissapppionting

I was very disappointed with the movie Frozen. It was a sweet tale but could never be called a great movie for these reasons. Where was the " Whistle While You Work"? While the singers repeatedly say words like oh my god and totally, among with horrible lyrics, this movie is sadly not at all what I expected. Was it really as good as everyone said? No, it wasn't .

Kid, 9 years old January 6, 2015

SO BAD!

I hated it! All the characters have bad facial design and weak personalities. There could have been more humor in it. Olaf is very annoying. I like Sven but I think it's weird how he's Kristoff's only friend for a while. Hans is a dumb character becuase it was sort of obvious he was the bad guy. He fell in love with Anna too quickly. Pretty dumb that Elsa didn't notice that it was snowing, everywhere, not just in her palace. Self centered. Horrible.
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2013

Different for Disney

Oh what a fresh breath of air. This is a disney movie, but is more on the different side and yet darker. It's not your typical disney "princess" movie where the princess falls in love with prince charming and happily ever after. It has many twists and keeps your interest in watching because of the tension the film brings. It's also brings lots of laughs and original catchy songs. I think one of the best things about the movie is the characters. Elsa isn't exactly a bad guy she just has problems controlling her power and fear. Anna, is a loving sister who doesn't exactly know why her sister keeps hiding herself and she wants to help her. I found the film's animation wonderful too. The ice and snow both looked dazzling! But, I do think the film is somewhat uneven, it felt a little rushed and a unsatisfying at the ending. Overall, I found the film a pleasant time at the theaters and I think many will too!

Teen, 13 years old Written byhappylittlekitty March 29, 2015

Beware

I watched "Frozen" with the expectation of a good, hearty Disney movie that encourages strong role models and good values. Then I saw this movie and lost all my faith in Disney. The producers of the movie mocked their roots (Love is an Open Door was an obvious self-parody). This movie encouraged running away from your problems and hurting your siblings with ice powers. I believe the only reason this won any awards was because of the song. This movie's protagonists are an idiot (Anna) who is a pretty obvious rip-off of Rapunzel and a queen who basically ditches her kingdom. Now, I am all for characters making mistakes, if they resolve them in a way that is responsible and admirable. That is called character development. However, the characters of Anna and Elsa were horribly static. This could have been a great movie if it were executed better. For a film that has been praised as the best film of our generation, I expected a bit more. My younger cousin (5) was scared at the part when the parents died and when there were wolves and snow monsters.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRhian De Questa December 7, 2013

TRUE true love

It's a really good movie that nearly tops Disney's last smash Tangled. It's a movie that doesn't revolve nearly around romance as much as around sisterhood. Parents should know that it is a great family movie and pretty much anyone can watch it. The only aversion they might have is Elsa's powers often turn out dangerous - she hurts Anna twice on accident and nearly kills two men in her anger. Anna and Elsa's parents die in the beginning (you see their ship going under the waves) and a very nice, charming man who seems to care very much for both girls suddenly turns tale and tries to kill them both. Characters consist of Elsa, who has an icy power she can't control and has to shoulder the responsibility of the kingdom after her parents have died, as well as trying to keep her power in, and is suffering under the weight of not being able to tell her sister why they keep the doors closed and why she can't be around her anymore. Her younger sister Anna, on the other hand, is suffering in a different way because her older sister who used to play with her suddenly has shut her out and 'grown up'. Anna is sprightly and vivacious, not hesitating to try to find Elsa and apologize when she realized that it wasn't Elsa's fault. Both girls are good role models for responsibility and a love that proves the central key to the unfreezing of winter, rather than romance. Younger sisters can sympathize with Anna's wondering what happened to their lifelong playmate when their older sister grows up, and older siblings can sympathize with Elsa's want to be with her little sister but inability to due to the harder tasks that come with getting older. Hans is a handsome, charming, kind and absolutely perfect (is a bit ditzy) prince who falls in love with Anna, takes care of the kingdom during her absence, stops Elsa from killing two men and saves Elsa's life. Hans would be a wonderful role model is it wasn't for the fact that he quite suddenly turns evil. If one complaint about hte movie could be made it would be that Disney seems to have turned him bad for the sake of a plot twist, and it wasn't really necessary, because the underlying themes were enough to fill the story line and the Duke of Weasletown could have sufficed as a villain. We all had grown to love Hans and it was disappointing when he turned evil. Kristoff, on the other hand, is grumbling and growly and definitely not a prince but certainly the only one who could be right for Anna. He is brave and completely self sacrificing for Anna's sake. Olaf is a cheerful snowman who provides a bit of comic relief as well as good advice: "True love is putting someone else's needs before your own." Disney played up to this truth magnificently when Kristoff doesn't spare his own feelings to immediately get Anna back to Hans and Anna sacrifices herself to save her sister's life. The film outdoes itself in wholesome characters and role models as well as fabulous songs and beautiful animation. Frozen is a Disney movie that undermines it's traditional "love at first sight" and plays up to the love of family rather than that of a prince and princess.

Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd November 29, 2013

even guys/males will like this movie(i garantee it)

I'm a 17 year old guy and I thought Frozen was a pretty good movie,heck i might even buy it on DVD/Blu-ray combo pack

Teen, 16 years old Written byNo Name, for real. January 13, 2014

For the first time in disney history, no one falls in love! YAY!

Such a cute movie :) its funny, and has moments of seriousness, and a good message for kids. Love is shown as something that you just can't have right off the bat, it takes a lot of time, and selflessness. I took my little brothers to go see it with my Stepmom how usually never goes to the movies. I think it was a good message and movie that was relatable enough, and positive enough, that we all really liked it. Nothing scary, except maybe a very very short scene where wolves attack Anna, and Christoph. Theirs good role models. Anna is caring, ans loving towards her sister even though everyone else says shes a danger. Also saying that Elsa is a good person on the inside, and that no one should be afraid of there true powers, and always take the chance to be great. But as awesome as that message is, this movie feels very rushed and actually a little forced at times. Its weird to see a movie like this have such so many rushed moments where a characters introduced and then not developed at all, also some of the humor said by the some characters felt a little forced for me. But I guess I'm just nick picking. It just slowed the movie down, and also kinda made it a little too fast for me.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 November 30, 2013

Frozen is Good Even Given it's Demographic

When it comes down to it Frozen has good voice acting, a good story, and nice animation. I wouldn't classify this movie as a musical even though it tries to be because there aren't that many musical numbers. Anyway this movie is funny and overall like I over said in the first sentence it is good as well.

Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2013

Fun For The Whole Family, Including teens

This is a great movie to enjoy with the whole family. There is some violence that you may want to warn your small kids about. This is a fun movie for all ages
Teen, 16 years old Written bygmwbmw35 February 14, 2015

Sweet film!

I love the Frozen musical movie! Elsa and Anna were super nice and cute. Olaf was hilarious, I especially liked his "In Summer" song! I even have a few tee shirts of Frozen, and they look cute with everything I own! Great movie, although I didn't expect hunky Hans to be such a, well, villain...

Teen, 16 years old Written bySnowman__1632 December 11, 2014

GREAT

A fun film.

Kid, 10 years old December 6, 2014

good for 6 up

Red is 1-3. Orange is 4-5. Green is 6 up

Teen, 13 years old Written byAwesomeninja September 15, 2014

Not enough Fantasy

The preview made it look like a children's fantasy movie, so I was disappointed. I. Think the scene at the ice castle was to light. I also think the trolls should have been evil and they should have talked to a Mage. They should have come across a ranger or thief. I really think that Elsa should have ended u having the powers because she's an elf.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheMovieGuru June 20, 2014

Awesome

Great movie, probably one of Disney's best musicals (second only to The Lion King). The snowman gives plenty of laughs and the animation is beautiful. A must-see for all families!