Kid reviews for Frozen 2

Slightly darker sequel charms with catchy songs, messages.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAuggie Lane April 4, 2020

Frozen 2: The Less Notable Adventures of Anna and Elsa

I remember quite vividly being dragged by my parents to see the first Frozen along with my sister, and leaving with a smile on my face. Now, after an eternity of waiting, the sequel finally arrived; and brought with it an icy, disconnected feeling.

The film, quite honestly, was mediocre at best. Many beloved characters from the first film were brought back into a safe formula that destroyed what was special about them in the first place. For example, Olaf, voiced by the talented Josh Gad, was reduced to a nonsensical nuisance that missed far more than he hit. I suppose the writers assumed that instead of actually writing comedically, they could just increase the number of “jokes” and still get the intended effect. To put it plainly, they were wrong.

The film had the inconsistency of a loaf of bread that was hastily prepared for hungry dinner guests, and retained much of its raw dough along side over cooked rations. In fact, Frozen 2 felt as if it was created in a few months by inexperienced interns clamoring for cash, rather than a plethora of seasoned writers that took a few years to create a barely edible sequel that was shoved down our throats and pronounced delicious.

To be fair, the score held up to the Disney standard, and the animation did not falter. Otherwise, all of the potential of this lackluster sequel was, as a character arbitrarily sang to a herd of confused reindeer, “lost in the woods.”
Teen, 16 years old Written bythetheatrenerd November 27, 2019

Definitely better than the first

While many are saying that it's more for older kids but is great for younger, that was the intention of the producers. They wanted the kids that grew up loving this movie (now 12-18, maybe even older) to still enjoy this. It also had a great message like the first about family. I also enjoyed the music much more in this than the first. I've been listening to the songs all week!

Teen, 14 years old Written byZarathesheep November 22, 2019

Wait, why is there a horse..

I thought that this was a great experience watching it, but as a whole, the plot had too many layers which made the ending feel a bit plain. There is a couple of scenes where there are swords etc. But there is obviously no graphical violence. I also thought that the songs were good, and I really loved a couple of them, but they were nowhere NEAR as catchy as the ones in the original.
A full SPOILER review (because I want to express my opinion):
This movie feels a little bit more scary, since there are a few scenes of conflict, like they had swords and had a little mini battle. There was a very intense fire scene where Elsa was frantically shooting her magical powers and Anna was coughing and looking scared. A water scene with big crashing waves was there, which I think I would be scared of if I was six. Olaf also temporarily died, but then came back to life, which I was honestly upset about. This movie had a few surprising moment, but none as big as Hans’s big reveal in the first film.
Overall, I think that this film is good, but the whole film as a whole wasn’t as good as the first one. There are a couple minor scary parts but overall, it’s exciting to watch!

Teen, 16 years old Written byclsmusic November 27, 2019

literally beautiful!!

ive read a lot of reviews and i don’t understand why some people are saying the songs are depressing??!!! they are SOOOO empowering!! and honestly would make any girl old or young feel powerful!! the other characters songs (like olaf) are sooooo funny!! and theyve added new creatures and characters that will make u smile!! im 16 and i was not disappointed! ive already seen it 2 times! if your kids are sensitive or easily scared i do suggest thinking hard about whether you should take them! while i think the plot is so creative and it will leave you singing the songs on the way home, some things i don’t suggest for kids under 4!

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimbo the bimbo November 27, 2019

Awful. AWFUL!

The storyline was a mess. There was no main plot, it felt like there was 5 different objects none of the children watching understood what was happening. It was way to violent for a kids movie and the songs were awful. I can’t remember a single song from the movie and I just watched it. The song “Into The Unknown” was supposed to be the next “Let It Go” and it wasn’t even CLOSE to as good. You know it’s not a good movie when a fourteen year old goes out of their way to write a review like this.

Teen, 16 years old Written byToasterStrudle November 26, 2019

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?

WE WAITED 6 YEARS AND THIS IS WHAT WE GOT!?!?

Teen, 13 years old Written byzevion November 23, 2019

Just got back from seeing it, and it's definitely worth seeing.

I once heard a teacher say "I grew out of these movies" and I think the teacher couldn't have been more wrong.
The film looks beautiful, it's funny, it's emotional...
If not for some of the characters, story elements and some of the humor, this would've been a flawless film.
It's great for mature kids who watched the original Frozen.
Kid, 9 years old January 13, 2020

Ok

It’s kind of boring it might also be scary for little kids

Teen, 14 years old Written byQUEENMIA007 January 2, 2020

Teen, 17 years old Written byjoy_joy December 30, 2019

So we should ignore the whole spirit thing??

This was an AMAZING movie!! But, what about the whole spirit thing? I kinda felt like the spirits were each a god with their influence of good and evil. So Elsa turns out to also be a god?? Idk, but that's how I felt. I loved the movie, don't get me wrong -the songs and animation were amazing and so was the plot, but it was REALLY spiritual. Anna was made into an insecure girl questioning Kristoff and her worth and at points thinks Kristoff should have someone better than herself. Kristoff tries to ask Anna to marry him. That's what he tries to do for the entire movie and has an AMAZING song called LOST IN THE WOODS. Elsa gets a bit depressed thinking it's her fault for her parents dying. Olaf dies. I think Elsa does too (you aren't "told" for sure), but they both come back in the end. Can be scary for littles!

Teen, 13 years old Written byBillieEilish123 December 7, 2019

Don’t waste your time

This movie sucks. There many songs. Like, a song for every scene. You could clearly see that they had no ideas for the plot so they just added in a bunch of songs as time fillers. Plus, there was no reason to make a Frozen II. They just knew that it would be a money. Warning parents, if your 6 year old daughter is spoiled, you’re gonna end up emptying out your wallet on overpriced merchandise which will break before your finish driving home. Please don’t waste your precious time on this.

Teen, 14 years old Written byNavy64 December 1, 2019

It's condescending and just sad.

This is the worst movie I've seen in some time. This is a bland movie with a tired plot. Elsa is in trouble, Ana rallies with comrades and saves the day. We've seen the same plot for nearly 100 years. I am a HUGE fan of Disney Princesses, but we need to change things up a bit. Olaf mentions IKEA, and that makes it not relevant for years in the future. This seems like just a fast way to make a buck. It's a sad representation of what marketers think that the average 2-7 year old can understand. It's just condescending and disrespectful to we kids. I'm disappointed. Just sad.

Teen, 17 years old Written byamitas21 November 28, 2019

Not as good as you’d think

I felt a little let down by this sequel. I was expecting more after waiting SIX YEARS for another frozen. The plot was way too complicated, especially for little kids. The whole thing just left me with a lot of questions. There were funny parts yes, but I wish there was better music too besides Elsa’s two songs in the movie. Overall it was ok but I’m disappointed.
Kid, 12 years old November 26, 2019

Weird

It was good but it tried to be darker but then they also knew that little kids would watch it so they did not take risks or go all the way

Teen, 14 years old Written byBlackSnowPrincess_24 November 25, 2019

Kinda disappointed

Most of it was beautiful; the songs, the morals.
But all of them became darker. Olaf questions life, Anna is being skeptical of Kristof , Elsa is more close to them but she still keeps secrets and obviously has a lot of Anxiety. And I barely understood it. Also, parents that say this isn't for younger children did you NOT read that it was for 6 years old and older? Geez, judging movies for your own mistakes. I have to admit it is a little dark, even for me. The movie had NO plot. Olaf went from the cheery happy boy to the darkish poetic pre-teen like boy. Anna reminds me of an old woman. Elsa reminds me of a mid-fifties old woman with PTSD. Kristof seems strange, he doesn't seem like the rebel Kristof in the 1st movie. Pretty boring. It's way dark. I generally thought Disney would make our dreams come true by giving Anna fire powers to show the difference between Elsa and her to show people that no matter the differences they can still get along. BUT NOOOO. Olaf dies, Anna still be plain, Elsa makes the 1st movie point less.

Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2019

One of the worst movies ever

It was terrible. Trying to freeze an ocean? You can't do that. And no one's that skinny. It was really unrealistic. You can predict everything that's going to happen. The music was kinda the same as the first one--better than the first, but still really bad. The only good characters are the snowman and the reindeer.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySweets06 November 22, 2019

Incredible! Exceeded my expectation!

OVERALL-This movie was amazing!! The soundtrack the voices the scenery!!! I was so surprised how good it was!! The plot line was amazing, and there was lots of good cliffhangers(that were explained in the movie). It was very good for the kids who saw it when it came out (12-13 years old) and the new generation(3-4). My sister, me and my grandparents all enjoyed it very much!!
ROLE MODELS 5/5-The role models in this were very good. Elsa was a very good role model! She taught girls to believe in themselves and go for it. Anna taught girls to take risks and accept change. She also taught girls to always stick with family!
VIOLENCE 1/5-Not a lot at all. There was some sword fighting for a few seconds. Rock monsters try to stomp on someone(they’re fine it’s not scary or intense at all).
SEX 0/5-one kiss
SWEARING 0/5-nothing
A must see for all ages!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byemorris2008 May 16, 2020

This is a very enjoyable movie but.....

This movie is amazing and I loved it. For younger kids though...... If your kids think mentally about movies a lot, then maybe not the best choice for under 6 years. Elsa seems disturbed about something throughout the whole movie. Also, there is some love and a kiss or 2 at the end when Anna and Kristoff get engaged. Other than that, great movie! Super funny.

Kid, 8 years old March 14, 2020

the best! but darker.

it was great, funny. usually I say dont mess with the classic. great songs! Like all disney movies, the parents are dead. it never bothers me but thats a different story. little kids might find it scary. I think MATURE 3 year olds could see but not other kids. I loved it but it is a kid movie. Any kid should see this!

Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2020

Okay (Spoilers)

I was a little disappointed with this one. Olaf was funny, but not as funny as the first one. He kept being creepily poetic. The guy and the reindeer weren't in half the movie, Elsa kept saying, "I have to do this alone." I like the fall theme, it's better for kids who grew up with the original. The animation was PERFECT. They had 4 things going on at once. (1. They tried to cure magical fog. (2. They had to find the "Fifth Spirit"(Which is a little weird for a kids' movie.) (3. They had to find out what happened to their parents. (4. They had to find out what happened with their grandfather. I like the fall setting, they should've had like a Thanksgiving theme.