Kid reviews for Frozen 2

Slightly darker sequel charms with catchy songs, messages.

Teen, 16 years old Written bythetheatrenerd November 27, 2019

Definitely better than the first

While many are saying that it's more for older kids but is great for younger, that was the intention of the producers. They wanted the kids that grew up loving this movie (now 12-18, maybe even older) to still enjoy this. It also had a great message like the first about family. I also enjoyed the music much more in this than the first. I've been listening to the songs all week!

Teen, 14 years old Written byZarathesheep November 22, 2019

Wait, why is there a horse..

I thought that this was a great experience watching it, but as a whole, the plot had too many layers which made the ending feel a bit plain. There is a couple of scenes where there are swords etc. But there is obviously no graphical violence. I also thought that the songs were good, and I really loved a couple of them, but they were nowhere NEAR as catchy as the ones in the original.
A full SPOILER review (because I want to express my opinion):
This movie feels a little bit more scary, since there are a few scenes of conflict, like they had swords and had a little mini battle. There was a very intense fire scene where Elsa was frantically shooting her magical powers and Anna was coughing and looking scared. A water scene with big crashing waves was there, which I think I would be scared of if I was six. Olaf also temporarily died, but then came back to life, which I was honestly upset about. This movie had a few surprising moment, but none as big as Hans’s big reveal in the first film.
Overall, I think that this film is good, but the whole film as a whole wasn’t as good as the first one. There are a couple minor scary parts but overall, it’s exciting to watch!

Teen, 16 years old Written byclsmusic November 27, 2019

literally beautiful!!

ive read a lot of reviews and i don’t understand why some people are saying the songs are depressing??!!! they are SOOOO empowering!! and honestly would make any girl old or young feel powerful!! the other characters songs (like olaf) are sooooo funny!! and theyve added new creatures and characters that will make u smile!! im 16 and i was not disappointed! ive already seen it 2 times! if your kids are sensitive or easily scared i do suggest thinking hard about whether you should take them! while i think the plot is so creative and it will leave you singing the songs on the way home, some things i don’t suggest for kids under 4!

Teen, 15 years old Written byabigailnicole November 25, 2019

Might be too scary and complicated for younger audiences, but very good!

The movie overall was really amazing- but I think Frozen II is more aimed towards teens my age, who saw the first movie when they were kids. There are some very dark themes- SPOILER ALERT -due to the fact that elsa and olaf both temporarily die in the movie. Parents, if you want to hear the peak of the dark theme, listen to “the next right thing” on the frozen playlist and from there decide if you want your kids to watch it. Overall I LOVED the movie and have seen it twice already.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySweets06 November 22, 2019

Incredible! Exceeded my expectation!

OVERALL-This movie was amazing!! The soundtrack the voices the scenery!!! I was so surprised how good it was!! The plot line was amazing, and there was lots of good cliffhangers(that were explained in the movie). It was very good for the kids who saw it when it came out (12-13 years old) and the new generation(3-4). My sister, me and my grandparents all enjoyed it very much!!
ROLE MODELS 5/5-The role models in this were very good. Elsa was a very good role model! She taught girls to believe in themselves and go for it. Anna taught girls to take risks and accept change. She also taught girls to always stick with family!
VIOLENCE 1/5-Not a lot at all. There was some sword fighting for a few seconds. Rock monsters try to stomp on someone(they’re fine it’s not scary or intense at all).
SEX 0/5-one kiss
SWEARING 0/5-nothing
A must see for all ages!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlackSnowPrincess_24 November 25, 2019

Kinda disappointed

Most of it was beautiful; the songs, the morals.
But all of them became darker. Olaf questions life, Anna is being skeptical of Kristof , Elsa is more close to them but she still keeps secrets and obviously has a lot of Anxiety. And I barely understood it. Also, parents that say this isn't for younger children did you NOT read that it was for 6 years old and older? Geez, judging movies for your own mistakes. I have to admit it is a little dark, even for me. The movie had NO plot. Olaf went from the cheery happy boy to the darkish poetic pre-teen like boy. Anna reminds me of an old woman. Elsa reminds me of a mid-fifties old woman with PTSD. Kristof seems strange, he doesn't seem like the rebel Kristof in the 1st movie. Pretty boring. It's way dark. I generally thought Disney would make our dreams come true by giving Anna fire powers to show the difference between Elsa and her to show people that no matter the differences they can still get along. BUT NOOOO. Olaf dies, Anna still be plain, Elsa makes the 1st movie point less.

Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2019

One of the worst movies ever

It was terrible. Trying to freeze an ocean? You can't do that. And no one's that skinny. It was really unrealistic. You can predict everything that's going to happen. The music was kinda the same as the first one--better than the first, but still really bad. The only good characters are the snowman and the reindeer.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrimroseEverdeen November 24, 2019

Good!!

This movie was really good, and there were some really cool songs, though not as amazing as the original songs. It was also kind of complicated and a little but confusing, because Elsa and Anna kept learning new things that added to the plot. And even though everything got resolved and all the mysteries were solved it still felt like there were some things missing. There were some scary parts and and someone dies by a sword and it almost shoes it but just kinda a frozen scene of someone holding a sword above someone.

QUICK SPOILER READ OVER IF YOU WANT: So, Olaf kind of turns into flurries and everyone thinks him and Elsa are dead or gone forever. But anyway, when that happened a little girl (in real life) in the movie theater who was all dressed up for the movie started bawling and had to leave the theater because she was so sad about Olaf. Which shows maybe that part will make some little kid long time fans sad. But he's fine. And also you think that their parents are alive at one part but they aren't and it was super sad.

NO MORE SPOILERS: Anyway, Olaf is really funny in that movie and he does this reenactment of their whole journey and story starting from the first movie and everyone got it in the theater because basically everyone seen the first movie and if not you should watch it.

I would highly recommend this movie it was really good and although it isn't as amazing as the first one in my opinion it was still awesome!

Teen, 13 years old Written byzevion November 23, 2019

Just got back from seeing it, and it's definitely worth seeing.

I once heard a teacher say "I grew out of these movies" and I think the teacher couldn't have been more wrong.
The film looks beautiful, it's funny, it's emotional...
If not for some of the characters, story elements and some of the humor, this would've been a flawless film.
It's great for mature kids who watched the original Frozen.
Teen, 17 years old Written byChris_Feher November 22, 2019

An Enchanting Movie for Everyone

So I have a very broad taste in movies. I have seen movies from all genres and for all ages, and I can say that this movie is incredible. To put this in perspective, the last movie I saw and liked was Joker, so I can say without a doubt that after that, this movie had a very high bar to jump. Even so, I was very impressed with the entire thing, from the director's choices, to the message, to the plot line, to the songs and the character development. In fact, (and this is normally not the case for me) but in my opinion, this sequel was better than the first Frozen movie. So what I'm really trying to say here, is that I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a good time.

Teen, 17 years old Written bymaceomadness December 5, 2019

I HATE THIS Movie so so so so so much.

Graphic violence tons of violence and blood.

Kid, 12 years old December 3, 2019

Incredible Compared to the Last

I think Frozen 2 has a good message of not giving up. Really adventurous and I think it will be enjoyed by some adults too. I think it's important to know that there are some romantic parts.

Teen, 17 years old Written byre.in.dyl.an December 2, 2019

Absolutely amazing - but not always happy

I'd like to start off by saying that this movie is absolutely fantastic and if you're considering seeing it with or without a child, you definitely should... but be careful if you are bringing a child. In an attempt for the series to grow up with fans of the first Frozen, this movie is much darker and more emotionally complex by the first (but nothing too dark or brooding by Disney standards). Much more is learned about Anna and Elsa's parents, and there is a scene where Elsa feels responsible for their deaths. (Spoiler alert) Multiple characters die, although it's not permanent. Characters are seen with negative facial expressions/crying, and a sad song is sung after the "death" of characters. The story and music in this movie is phenomenal, but some of the emotional moments and general tone shift from the first film may be too much for younger children to handle.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLunaRS27 December 2, 2019

I'd Give 1 Million Stars If I Could

Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2019

SUCH an amazing movie

I love this movie SOO MUCH!!! In my opinion, it is way better than the first movie. I will admit that it is for sure darker than the first movie, so I wouldn’t take kids under 7 years old, but it is still an amazing movie with some hilarious scenes and an amazing soundtrack!! Olaf is HILARIOUS!!!!! Anna and Elsa are definitely good role models for children to look up to, and the movie teaches a good lesson as well. I recommend to go watch this movie as soon as possible, I really did not expect to love this movie as much as I did. The first movie got old quick, but this one is AMAZING!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byKoolKid69420 December 2, 2019

I honestly have not seen it yet

BOIIIIIIIIIIIII I THINK U WILL LIKE IT

Teen, 16 years old Written byShowman movie13 December 2, 2019

Some action and an epic movie

This movie was better than Frozen. I saw this and i thought this was an AWESOME movie! There were some Action/peril that might scare young ones. But besides that... it was good. Worth your time and defintly a family/friendly movie... for sure.

Teen, 16 years old Written byannabot15 December 2, 2019

Great Sequel (A little too much plot for preschoolers though)

This movie was extremely well done. I was truly impressed considering that it followed in the footsteps of the phenomenal original movie. It has a very unique and in-depth plot, so it may be difficult for really young children though. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and originality of the film, story line, and humor. Additionally, the deeper overall meaning of family and love is particularly touching.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJaguAri December 1, 2019

Hilarious, heart wrenching, beautiful

This was one of the most surprising, interesting, and fun movies I have ever seen. The rare sequel that's better than the first. The songs weren't quite as memorable as the first, but they were pretty good. Everyone seems to think "Into the unknown" is the best song in this movie, but I have to disagree. It's dramatic and shows of Idina Menzel's voice, but it's too short and it didn't seem to have a clear, memorable, catchy tune like Let it Go did. Honestly, the best song was "Show yourself". It was one of the most incredible disney songs I have ever heard. Way better than Let it go. Another thing I loved was how much funnier this movie was than the first. The jokes are perfectly timed, and are geared more towards the older kids, teens, and adults in the theatre, making this an enjoyable movie for all audiences. Olaf is hilarious and wonderful. SPOILERS AHEAD
When Olaf "died", I was sure he would stay dead. It was such a sad moment and so sweet how Anna stayed with him. Olaf stayed dead much longer than Elsa did, leading the audience to believe he isn't coming back. Elsa's temporary death is upsetting, but not as scary or dramatic as when Anna froze in the original. Hans was thankfully not in this movie, and there were no characters as disturbing as he was. Olaf making fun of the original movie was really funny, and me and my family found ourselves laughing more than we usually do in movies. Kristoff finally proposed to Anna in the end, and it was a lovely moment. One thing that no reviews so far mentioned is that in the end, Elsa decides her place is with the tribe in the forest (since she's the fifth spirit) and that Anna should become queen. They stay connected and it's lovely. NO SPOILERS ANYMORE
In all, this is an incredible movie and it is definitely not one to miss.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJutella December 1, 2019

Really good

This movie is definitely a must see for ages seven and up. The target audience for this movie is kids who were young when the first movie came out and now can appreciate the storyline, soundtrack, and animation. Children of the ages 2 to 6 may get scared with the scary scenes and dark theme, but if your kids love frozen then who am I to stop you from going.