Parent reviews for Frozen

Frozen Poster Image

Another great film from Adam Green

This was one of my first horror films and how Adam Green became one of my favourite filmmakers. This movie is a lot more serious and less comedic than his Hatchet series or other works, but I love that he went that direction for this film. Most survival movies suck (Like cough "Open Water" cough) but this is one I enjoy

NOPE

Gory... um... not the best movie... its a just eww movie...

Meh.

This movie wasn't terrible but it wasn't good either. It could have been pretty bad considering it's a story about people stuck on a chair lift, and how exiting can that be? But it actually wasn't too overly boring. To me it seemed more like a survival/drama story than a horror movie. The acting from the male characters was decent but I didn't really like the female role. There are a few gory parts, like when a character jumps off the lift and is eaten by wolves, along with another character also eaten by wolves later in the movie. Also some harsh language.

Scariness!

This movie was quite good! My sister who hates every horror movie said it was the best, creepiest movie she ever saw. I find it very sad especially in one particular scene. It starts off with three friends who are on a snowboarding trip for the weekend. Dan (Kevin Zegers), his girlfriend Parker (Emma Bell) and his best friend Joe (Shawn Ashmore). After a full eventful day of boarding, they decide to take one last ride, but don't exactly have tickets to do so. Parker uses her sweet charm to convince a worker to get a free ride, or half price for her and her friends. It works and they all head up mountain while a stormy night approaches. Soon after, the worker switches jobs with another guy but notifies him that three people are still out which are mistaken for another three people who have just finished their last ride. This causes the worker to shut everything down and the three original friends get stuck in a chairlift extremely high from the ground. After a lot of panic, they must quickly find a way to escape without killing themselves and before freezing to death or getting eaten alive by vicious wolves. It's pretty gory with a fair amount of violence. Sexual content is mainly talk - there is some flirting. Language is strong with "f" words, lots of sh*ts and more. References to pot use, there is cigarette smoking. Safe for 15++ viewers!

Just OK

There's a lot of talk I wouldn't like my kids to use.

Don't bother...

Pretty terrible movie, i watch a LOT of horror movies, this is scraping the bottom of the barrel, very slow, not a great plot to begin with, (yes its a scary thought and they set it up fine enough), but to make a whole movie on this... I was disappointed. Some swear words here and there and there's some blood and guts,, but it's rated r, i've definitely seen pg-13 movies with this much (or more) 'stuff' in them. Therefore i give it no concerns.

A fasinating mild bloody horror, perfect for a winter day:)

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! I'm a Pretty mature 13 year old, and this was my first horror movie.  It's a great movie for people who havn't seen a lot of horror flix. I happen to adore blood and gore:D so for me the gory violence was awesome and not scary at all, but for those who absolutly detest blood, and pain I would Not recoment this. The scenes where the two male leads are eaten by wolves happen off screen, the rest is just blurry screen shots of blood. If you imagine the makeup and prostetics it's not very scary. The changing emotions of the cast are fun to watch. Awesome movie for skiers:D the feeling is very unique, and fasinating.  I'ts important to communicate with ur kids that it's just a movie, and they only got trapped because they bribe the operater to let them go on an after-hour run, so you can't get trapped on a chair-lift in real life as long as you don't get on after-hours:)

Really Disturbing and chiling.

after seeing all the good reviews from my friends i decided to watch this movie and boy it was a good movie. one of the most freaking thrilling and spine chilling movies i have seen in a while, loved it. made me seriously emotional and feel for them. Terrifying, brutal, bloody reality.. good acting, good story I really enjoyed this movie, and I generally don't like most of the scary movies, I often find them cheesy and poorly acted. This film was different and I would really recommend watching it by yourself on a cold winters night.. It'll give you a nice chill. What makes this so special is the fact that they took a simple idea and went to great lengths to make it powerful and had three leads that could be anyone's friend, sister, brother, lover and it makes you feel for them even more and makes the whole situation more unsettling and shattering with some scenes that will make you a little teary eyed, good effort. This film actually has a heart and is refreshing from most horror offerings lately but it's more of a drama/thriller and I can't wait to see what director Adam Green has up his sleeve next! Overall it could of had a slightly better conclusion and I don't think it's going to be the best genre flick of the year because I just don't see that happening but if you want to see something different, new and bone chilling go support Adam Green's latest effort Frozen, though more of a renter on a snowy night to me. Recommended!