Kid reviews for Get Out

Horror-thriller is surprising, shocking, timely, and funny.

Teen, 13 years old Written byucfalex March 5, 2017

Awesome movie

Love it the best recommended for 12 and up

Teen, 15 years old Written bySt4362 February 28, 2017
Teen, 16 years old Written byPipeCine August 11, 2017

Don't get out!

Why do we tend to think that the human race is fragmented into two antagonistic groups? Within the inane conceptions in which we coexist, there are black dots and white dots, which keep homologous appearances and similar inner properties, only differentiated by the nature of their pigmentations. For years ago, it has been stressed the aggrandizement of a subjugation tendency that directly affects the dark dots, which have consented the permanence of subjugators' actions without any retention. With the passing of time, circumferences have had a few reconciliatory encounters, of which emerge vainglory about the overcoming of this abject phenomenon that has whipped them from the beginning, what proves to be a vile falsehood, since many of the black dots admit this new freedom under a latent tolerance yoke, indulgences toward the acts of the white ones that flaunt a full liberation of the racial differences , when the only thing they are achieving is to bury the problem under a thin soil layer. And so, the inescapable incriminating question: whom should we blame? the whites who don't want to confront and eliminate the root cause of their mistakes or the blacks that continue to allow it? I think that it's not an imputation matter, the weight of the racial problems lies in the circumferences of all kinds. Discrimination, in all its possible variables, is a matter of which it's possible to get very far both in extension and intellection, an issue that has touched various media in terms of attacking this puppet of such evil purposes. Basing on a sad-popular behavior such as racism in the United States of today, filmmaker Jordan Peele—who gained status by TV shows of a comic nature that with the accustomed dubious quality achieved American transcendence—presents a sour, fiery and impetuous social satire brimming with black humor with delicious psychological thriller hint that arrives in order to impact strong on a certain well-off sector thanks to a reflective tale of the big little lies that we tell each other in such a clever, effective and commercial way that might well gets it a list of meritorious titles as "cult film" or "the best suspense movie of the year" and maybe, a round of accolades for its splendid components, identical in quality, different in appearance. Peele's feature film converges, in not few vertices, with the laudable allegorical representation ("The Invitation", 2015), highlighting as the main concomitant the essence of the true thriller: increasing discomfort and vulnerability sown in order to audience does not feel secure with what happens on the screen, which provokes in this incessant birth of perceptions toward the loaded questions posed by the story. A genre equivalent to a perverse roulette, in which in the slightest moment of carelessness, a rush of revolutions can shake your safety from head to toe. Such concordance adorned with an acute social criticism, substantial of the authentic films inaugurated by Mr. Hitchcock, in which are exhibited the poorest actions that we can come to commit. We're the black and white dots. While it builds outstanding psychological game with detailedness, Peele, deserving of double mention acting as scriptwriter and director, conjures up ordinary components and other unusual that can be abridged in three major fields: the first one, of course, is the narrative, although, beyond wise skill of developing the subliminal core idea, it's the successful combination and harmonization between two discordant genres as horror and comedy, an impressive achievement especially in the decadent film period in which we are in. While comedy is based on the supporting comic relief gags (adversarially a black man) and the irony of the situations, it's fascinating as horror doesn't require scary monsters or spooky entities to fulfill its objective, here, terror springs up from dread and the veiled significance of the words, from confrontation with the harsh reality. The second one is plausible constituents at a technical level, namely, its mise-en-scène, soundtrack, cinematography, and photography that unite the vertiginous final act with the hesitant first act using, as usual in Jason Blum's company, precise elements that facilitate and enrich the following of the story. It's prodigious in the composition of its images, having in its power a vacation home encircled by a dry forest is not a break, on the contrary, it's sensational as they create beauty, usually in confined spaces, with what they have. With certainty, the film has conceived one of the most beautiful shots in horror film history, an oneiric picture where Chris (Kaluuya) jolts awake after a cyclic hypnosis in a pale leather sofa, with the sound effect from an old TV as the only company, his face—tremendously photographic—raises an analogy through the melodramatic tears in his exorbitant eyes, a frame that will last in the memory of any modern cinephile. There are also sparkling scenes, which reach horns of the moon in its exciting third act, highlighting vigorously camera focus in the third major factor: the overwhelming and heterogeneous performances. Kaluuya's role radiates power and strength, he's sensitive and unprotected when he needed, aggressive and lethal when everything is a disaster. The alienation of the Armitage family is dosed between the competent actors, from which stand out Allison Williams (with a twisted plot worthy of Shyamalan) and her brother in the fiction. Exclusive attention requests scene stealer Betty Gabriel, who plays a couple of shocking scenes, with dimensions of complexity and interpretative depth typical of an acting matron. Be careful because this lady and Kaluuya will present great surprises. Conscious of its game, Peele's motion picture is a deliberate subversion, offered by the hand of cinema, which cries out for the eradication of injustices perpetuated by the social and political sects of the Trump era. It also breaks supposed barriers between genres and ideas and overflows creativity and power by creating situations as exciting as cartoon-like, as intelligent as reflexive; A satire that wasn't requested, perhaps out of fear, but in the end, it came with a relentless purpose. It achieves what many feature films don't: surprise and affect.

Teen, 13 years old Written bypinktaylor April 24, 2017

Surprisingly interesting, terrifying horror film is violent yet profound, flawed.

In Get Out, young photographer Chris is living with his girlfriend, Rose. Chris is going to be meeting Rose's parents incredibly soon, but Chris feels a bit nervous when he finds out that Rose has not told them that he is black as Rose has never dated a black man before. When they arrive, Chris notices that all of the servants are black, which worries him quite a bit. After having several discussions with Rose's parents (Dean and Missy), he realizes that they are quite racist even though they are specifically trying not to be. Missy has a skill for hypnosis and when she offers to cure Chris' horrible addiction to smoking, he oddly agrees. After falling into an odd state known as the sunken place, he finds out more disturbing things about the family and who they truly are. Is everything truly as it seems? Violence 4/5: Brutally violent. Character kidnapped/strangled - they are seen being locked up in the trunk of a car. Car hits a deer; bloody, dead deer body seen next to the road. Bloody noses. Discussion of kidnapping/murder. Hypnosis is used against a character - he is seen passing out/falling on the floor. Top of a character's head is violently sliced off - disgusting brains are shown as blood spills and the top of his head is thrown in a trash can. Bashing with a heavy ball several times; blood splatters and crunching noises are heard. Gory stabbing with deer antlers; blood splatters everywhere and the disgusting dead body is seen with the wood. Others are stabbed with medical tools violently. Breaking bones/bashing/beating. Bloody scars. Car crash - character dies, bloody wounds. Suicide via gunshot to the head; blood spills everywhere and the body is seen. Woman strangled. Character shot in the stomach. Jump-scares and other terrifying scenes. Racism/violence against black people. Sexual content and nudity 2/5: Frequent, explicit sex-talk includes references like, "I know you want to f--k me," and "I bet licking balls and sucking d--k was involved." Characters make out frequently and are shown in bed after sex. The main character is seen shirtless. Flirting. Language 5/5: Extremely strong, constant strong language includes non-sexual and sexual uses of "f--k," "s--t," "d--k," "c--k," "c--ksucker," "motherf----r," "c--t," the "N" word, "bitch," "god," "hell," a--," "a--hole," "dammit," and "t-t/t-ties." Drinking and drugs 2/5: The main character has a smoking habit. Drinking wine. Get Out is incredibly interesting, and has many extremely entertaining scenes. Characters make quite smart decisions when in peril instead of making predictable, idiotic ones and the script is very creepy and eerie. The movie does have odd, interesting ways of spreading the issue of racism, which is something you do not see in many movies. The acting was superb and the film itself had many surprising twists. If the film did have any flaws, it would most likely be the unneeded humor in a few scenes as well as the semi-unrealistic plot, however, the movie is great, flawed, interesting, unique, violent, bloody, and very entertaining. My rating:R for bloody brutal horror violence and terror including disturbing images, pervasive language, and sexual references.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKP_13 April 23, 2017

Not scary but Unsettling!

The movie is really good at keeping you at the edge of your seat but that comes with being really unsettled watching the movie. The violence is only towards the end but it doesn't hold back. The comedy is really funny but there's cursing every sentence when the comedy occurrs. Overall Get Out is a good time!
Teen, 17 years old Written byTornadosplash44 March 5, 2017

Phenomial take on a horror/thriller that pays off!!!!!!!!!!

This film was incredible due to the fact that it wasn't cliche. The film has so many unexpected things that happen too. Plus it has a great acting, plot, doesn't skimp on the shocks, and surprisingly had some funny moments. However the film is loaded with profanity. this involves uses of f**k, s**t, the "N" word and much more. There are no drugs present, but it is implied that the main character smokes but he quits. Sex wise, just some raunchy references that are played for laughs. However this film is all about the violence. Although the violence doesn't occur until near the end of the movie, it is strong, bloody, and picks up very quickly. This involves suspenseful scenes of hypnosis, plus some brutal beatings, stabbings, gunshots, and much more. But this film does promote American society and race. This a great movie for people who want something different, but is best left for teens 17 and up.

Teen, 15 years old Written byIlovemovies123 March 1, 2017

This was a great movie definitely recommend going to see it

It was the best scary and comedy movie I know I'm but it's still good my mom took me to see it and we both liked it very much
Teen, 15 years old Written byThePOPOSAkid April 14, 2017

Amazing must see movie!

I was nervous at first seeing the movie because it is considered a horror movie and I have not had the best experiences with such films. The blood, gore, and terror is not my cup of tea however "Get Out" is an exception in the genre. There is very little blood (apart from some at the end) and it is more creepy than terrifying. It is scary but teens will have no trouble sleeping afterward. This movie is a master piece with amazing surprises and twist that no one should miss. One negative however is that there is a fair amount of bad language.

Teen, 17 years old Written byLbarret March 16, 2017
The movie isn't that bad if you do not care about swearing. The movie isn't violent until the last half an hour of the movie

Teen, 14 years old Written byHarry.trax March 21, 2017

Great, smart and interesting thriller!

The most of the movie is tempting , slow and psychological. All the violence happens at the end of the movie . Violence and gore: 4/5 / Sex and nudity: 2/5 / Language: 4/5 / Terror and frightening images: 4/5 / Total: 14/20 : Age 15+ For thematic elements, strong violence (bloody images) and strong language including sexual references.

Kid, 11 years old September 4, 2017

Really good for mature kids

Really good movie! Really well made, good for -mature- 11 yr olds and up, I think. I loved it and I'm 11. I think the only thing that made it R is that there is a lot of swearing, but only a few times where its slightly gory. Not that much suspense, but pretty intense. Good plot twist, really good for anyone who's into interesting thrillers. This is a MUST WATCH. Some messages about racism.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCai Q November 18, 2017

Great film with tension and laughs!

Get Out is a great film directed by the great Jordon Peele. The movie starts off like you know something is wrong, but you don’t know what. Then, you start to know more and it gets more and more disturbing. It then gets to a point of disturbing-ness where you now know everything and that’s when the violence starts (this is towards the end of the movie). The violence isn’t too bad (for me), but other families may be sensitive to this. There is brief sex talk in parts of the movie (like jokes about being hypnotised into becoming sex slaves). With the comedy mastermind that is Jordon Peele, this movie is funny when it wants to be. The villains in this film are just so goddamn evil, like I despised them with a passion. Overall, this is a funny and creepy film with a unique take on horror!

Kid, 12 years old January 8, 2018

Great film

It's not a surprise that it got 99% on Rotten Tomatoes. This is a great movie that I don't think should be watched with families. There is one gory surgery scene that was kind of gross. Some jump scares that make you jump, such as when (Spoiler Alert) Georgina Just walks in the room at the middle of the night when Chris steps out for a smoke. Some kissing. Creepy beginning and ending music. Huge Plot-twist near end of movie. Creepy characters. Overall, the film is a great Horror/Thriller blend with great writing and directing.

Teen, 14 years old Written byklaine4life December 13, 2017

GREAT

Not often do I use the word film, because it has to be a true work of art. When I say that this is a true horror comedy film with deep social commentary it is the highest complement that I can give.

Teen, 16 years old Written byCinemArtist7 November 29, 2017

Surprisingly Good

Some gruesome violence and scariness but still silly and has some good messages. Fine for mature teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJ-Train November 11, 2017

Possibly My New Favorite Movie

I just finished watching "Get Out" with my family and it is possibly the best movie I've ever seen. It's completely original makes perfect sense and better win the Oscar for Best Picture. As far as content goes their is somewhat graphic sex talk, strong language and a few grisly acts of violence. Only older teens should watch this movie. Suggested MPAA Rating (Bloody Violence, Strong Language, Thematic Elements, Mature Themes, Sexual Content.)

Teen, 13 years old Written bymistybomb October 31, 2017

Amazing movie!

This movie does not scenes that will cause you to snooze, it is definitely a good thriller/horror that will keep you alert and wanting to know more while also entertaining you with some funny scenes. Violence is featured more towards the end where you will see people getting shot, stabbed, etc. There is a lot of swearing. I think that this movie has a unique plot, please see for yourself, I definitely enjoyed Get Out. It is more geared towards people from the age of 14 and over. Fantastic acting, producing and directing.

Teen, 15 years old Written byyeet676 December 4, 2017

Amazing creepy film with deeper message

This is a stunningly made horror movie that reminds me of the first half of The Shining - unsettling, with the feeling that there is something unthinkable behind the surface. There are also great comedic moments that serve to break some of the tension, and the acting is some of the best I've ever seen. The final message is that of a white middle class America that isn't as post-racial as it would love to think.

Teen, 16 years old Written byWalterR12 April 2, 2018

WOW

An extremely engaging and insightful movie, only a couple of jump scares to make it scary. I recommend 15+ because of understanding the content and the issues covered in this film but everyone has to see this film.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJMcLarty March 26, 2018

great movie but I LOST MY VOICE FROM SCREAMING SO MUCH

So this was the first horror movie I've ever seen and it was amazing but also utterly terrifying, if you are a fan of horror or thriller you will love this. It's your typical type of scary were there is a lot of jump scares but it also scares you psychologically and makes you think and evaluate what you just watched.