Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Getting That Girl

Vapid teen comedy full of profanity, sex, drug use.

Based on 1 review
Adult Written byHillary G. February 15, 2018

One of the worst movies I ever saw, and not in a funny way.

This was supposed to be a comedy? I had no idea because I didn't laugh once. I don't have kids and I don't plan to but quite frankly this movie is so unrealistically terrible and poorly casted with unknowns who have probably never set foot on a stage - (aside from Gia Mantegna who did her best - how did she get roped up into this nonsense?), I wouldn't even worry about them taking it seriously or being enlightened by these scripted losers. The sexual scenes were so uncomfortable to watch, not because teens were having sex - because I'm a realist and teens are gonna teenage and have sex and I still remember what it was like at that age - but because they were either reaching so hard to portray teen sexuality with shock value or nobody knew what they were doing. It was also unnecessarily too vulgar. I can't believe I watched the whole thing. The male lead has a libido that enabled him to deem it necessary to visibly masturbate during class. SERIOUSLY? Sure, I've seen this happen regularly on the streets of NYC but that's basically another planet. The scene was so gross and embarrassing to watch. Not funny at all. Grow up, dude. Also, violence against the main female character from the movie's male villain which was implied to allude to attempted rape pretty much went unnoticed or punished. I really had a problem with that. I won't say there was too much violence because there honestly wasn't but that one scene is worth mentioning.

Adult Written byIva H. June 22, 2017