Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Girls Trip

Warm-hearted but raunchy comedy has nudity, sex, language.

Adult Written byAndrew M. July 23, 2017

Powerful Comedy

This is a movie that was unexpectedly hilarious. I knew that it would be funny, but not as funny as it truly is. And the heart that is also driving this movie is what makes it a true homerun for me. It is definitely the most fun I've had in the theaters this year.

Adult Written byNikki H. July 24, 2017

The Best Girls Comedy Ever!

This movie is hysterically funny from start to finish. It's not for children and if you're in to church, this is DEFINITELY NOT your media type. For those that enjoy a great laugh (and I do mean great), this is a MUST SEE! This is gutt grabbing funny. I'm going to go see this again! 2 thumbs up all day long.
Adult Written byCheryl V. July 21, 2017

Painfully Funny

It was hilarious!! I laughed so hard my stomach ached!! It's definitely adult humor.
Adult Written bym b. July 31, 2017

Shame on You!

As a mother of an adult son, this movie was despicable and an embarrassment to the black woman. We are fearfully and wonderfully made. We are beautiful and deserve to be portrayed, as such. We have received 'ridicule' from all people but to be ridicule and portrayed as "raunchy" by another black sister is a slap in the face and demeaning to our black heritage (mothers, grandmothers, children and men) especially from a black sister that is suppose to be a 'role model'. And we complain when our black men marry into another culture or we can't get a man. I took my mom to the show for her 81st birthday and we weren't laughing but we were dehumanized by the graphics and language that defined the 21st century "woman". The black community deserves an apology from the leading stars. Tiffany Haddish, Queen Latifa, Jada Pickett Smith, and Regina Hall: Shame on you!!! This movie is not rate-able '0' is to high of a rating for this movie. I will definitely have to reconsider looking at movies in the future that star these four main characters.

Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written byTaquita B. July 24, 2017

AWESOME!!!

This movie is hilarious and heart warming all at the same time, I laughed and cried, DEFINITELY A MUST SEE!!!
Parent of a 4, 11, and 14 year old Written byTiffany T. July 26, 2017

Mom Fun

I went with two other moms and we loved it! We laughed from beginning to end. Of course children under 17 shouldn't see it but it's an hilarious adult film. The best comedy film in a while....
Parent of a 11 year old Written byChrystal M. August 13, 2017

Poor Portrayal

Adult Written byRobin R. August 2, 2017

Preview first before seeing

If you're offended by the preview, this movie is not for you. If you're craving a good laugh, hand's down it's a must see! It does not matter what race or gender this movie shows the best part of friendship and loyalty that should be viewed and portrayed in a comedy movie. YOU GO GIRLS!!
Adult Written byKamesa C. September 24, 2017

Delightfully Raunchy Movie with Heart

Who this movie is NOT for: Deeply Religious Types: you'll hate the cursing, sex, drinking, drugs, well, EVERYTHING about this movie! Kids: It's Rated R for a reason! I recommend this for ages 17 and up, but if you have 15-16 year olds and you watch this with them, then it's okay. People Who Hold Traditional Views of Women (especially where sex is concerned): you'll hate the fact that the women are sex-positive and not ashamed about it. You'll also hate that one of the friends is a divorced single mom and that another friend is married but is no longer going to tolerate the infidelity in her marriage. People Who Believe That African-Americans Are Supposed To Be Positive and Set Good Examples Every Time They're on the Screen, But Don't Expect It From Other Races: You'll hate this movie because no one is fighting against racism or solving problems for everyone else while neglecting their own needs while being stoic and dignified. It's 122 minutes of laughs and nonsense. That's it. Who This Movie IS For: People Who Want to Laugh: From start to finish, this movie is a gut-buster! Four best friends from college reunite at the annual Essence Music Festival in New Orleans and examine their lives: there's successful author Ryan whose picture-perfect marriage to her college sweetheart Stewart isn't what it seems; divorced mom Lisa who wants to get her groove back, but isn't sure how since she's been out of the dating game; celebrity blogger Sasha who is struggling professionally and financially, and scene-stealer Dina who, while we aren't sure what she does for a living, we know that she loves her friends and loves having a good time. What to Look Out For: Sex: Lots of it. Dina pantomimes oral sex while talking to Lisa on the plane and then later demonstrates a technique using a grapefruit and a banana. There's full male nudity both front and back. All four friends talk about sex a lot. Drinking and Drugs: the friends smoke marijuana in one scene, drink alcohol throughout the movie, and in another scene, Dina puts absinthe in everyone's drinks and they hallucinate with hilarious results. Violence: Dina is shown throwing things at a co-worker and physically attacking him, breaking a bottle of wine in the hotel lobby to fight Stewart, and all four friends get into a bar fight with another set of women. Consumerism: Coca-Cola, Ciroc, and Essence Magazine put a lot of money into this movie. If you are not familiar with Ciroc and Essence, you will be by the the end, because they are everywhere! Many R&B, Rap/Hip-Hop, and TV personalities make cameo appearances. Cursing: TONS. The n-word is used along with f**k, s**t, bi**h throughout the movie. The women do curse at each other during a fight in one scene, and call another woman a "ho" for sleeping with a married man. Positive Messages: The movie is delightfully raunchy, but provides a great example of friendship and loyalty. The most important message is being true to yourself and not compromising your core beliefs for monetary gain. I really enjoyed this movie and its themes of friendship and fun. I will definitely add it to my collection.
Adult Written byPee J. August 12, 2017

Not for Kids

This movie really wasn't for me but people I know and went with loved it. It does have a good plot but they went waaaay over the top with the sexual theme. Male nudity that showed his "particulars" in full, sexual references, especially using the work "d***, b****, and s***, throughout the entire movie, and taking the Lord's name in vain. Some parts were funny and some people in the theater laughed a lot while watching this movie but I'm not in to comedies because a lot of them are very vulgar and I don't appreciate that type humor. Bottom line, I wouldn't take my little girl or little boy to see this movie. It is for the mature audience.

Adult Written byAmber S. December 12, 2017

Bad Trip!

You should watch this movie if you feel obligated to laugh at a comedy because it promotes black stardom notwithstanding its degrading, filthy, humorless content. In short, the film is simply not funny! Obviously, the hunger for diversity in the entertainment business is so great that many people will scramble after any piece of rat-gut or tripe that it throws at them.

Adult Written byTamica December 30, 2018

Disgusting

Very inappropriate. Do not go see with younger girls. Would not recommend it to anyone.

Adult Written byPoppcorn86 December 20, 2018

Loved it

Great naughty movie to watch with the girls. Actually inspired our own trip to NOLA. Friendship comedy with sexual innuendo and swearing jokes, but just enough to not spoil the movie. We laughed our socks off :)