Kid reviews for God Bless the Broken Road

Heavy themes, war violence in keep-the-faith drama.

Based on 1 review
Teen, 14 years old Written byPurple_1569 October 7, 2018

Well, it's a Christian Film

I mean, if you're one of those people who likes Christian movies, then this is actually better than most. But, it fails as a regular movie. There's a firefight where someone gets shot and killed. The acting of the now dead character is laughable, while there is a total of zero blood. I understand that it's PG, but it's still noticeable and, if the acting didn't take you out of the moment, then the lack of even the tiniest amount of blood will. The child-acting (and writing) is really bad. It's like the writers don't know what children do or say. The "villains" are either laughably bad, inconsistently bad, or just doing their job. The main character asks her boss for a higher position after being late to work for, what it seems, way too many times, and the boss tells her no and to focus on not being late. The audience it supposed to think," Come on, give her a break," even though it's not the boss's job to. The mom is such a bad mom, as well. She holds on to this house that's putting her in so much debt. Her reason is because it was the "only thing her dead husband left her." Then, she sells the ring her husband gave her. You know, something her dead husband left her. Also, the child is an unlikable brat, and the mother-in-law is inconstantly bad. Either she's cartoonishly evil, or an actual human being with human emotions. There's so much more stupid things in this movie, but it would make this review very long. There is a single scene that I liked, but that's about it. - 2.5/10