All teen and kid member reviews for Gone with the Wind

Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 19, 2009

Couldn't find a better old movie except "Rebecca"

I literally looked for things I didn't like about "Wind," but I COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING WRONG. All the characters are brilliantly portrayed, and you start to feel their pain after a while. Everything's over-the-top drama, but that's what makes it unique, and it's plot and length (nearly 4 hrs.) make it totally unrepeatable.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycopperzinc May 29, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written by34soccergirl December 6, 2013

Beautiful Mess

Well, this movie by far is my favorite classic. A rough, four hour film, but I never got bored. Scarlet is a true Southern belle, surrounded by men who love her. The one she has always loved is Ashley, but Ashley is engaged to his beloved cousin Melanie. Rhett Butler meets Scarlet, she doesn't care for Rhett, but he's in love with her. The Civil War hits, and Scarlet and her family lose everything. Scarlet is determined and won't give up. My favorite part about this film is that you see the characters change throughout the film. Scarlet tends to hold on to the past, and not look at Rhett. Parents should be alarmed that: There is kissing, the whole story is based on love and hardship, she is at an army hospital in Atlanta, you hear a man screaming when his leg is being amputated, her daughter falls off a horse and dies, Scarlet falls down the stairs and has a miscarriage, many deaths, her husband leaves her, and the most famous line encludes "da**" in history. The beautiful thing about this movie is that it seems so real. It's life and death, love and hate, and it's how the world was then. Book your night to your TV, and watch this epic movie. -From a 13 year old :)
Kid, 11 years old August 25, 2009

The Greatest Classic Ever, But I Recommend It Be For Teens And Above

There is a lot of kissing, and it shows Scarlett cutting a newborn's umbilical cord with scissors, which is pretty disgusting. The whole movie is about war, and in one scene, Scarlett shoots a man in the face. He falls down the stairs, and you cannot see his facial features because of all the blood. Also, some may not like it because it is split into two parts, and it is exactly 3 hours, 59 minutes long. NOTE: It is rated G, but if they had PG-13 back then, it would definitely be rated PG-13.
Kid, 12 years old August 12, 2011

A Classic, Long, Epic.

This film, like said, would absolutely never be rated G by today's standards. It is very romantic in some parts. Any film that's about a love story in the midst of the Civil War would never be G now. That said, it is a masterpiece that most older kids would actually be O.K. with watching, as long as they were patient (considering the nearly four-hour length).
Kid, 11 years old April 22, 2010

A MUST SEE

i first wathced this movie when i was 8 and i fell in love with the story. Now i'm begging my mom to get me the book! The main character is a brat who thinks that she loves Ashley (boy) but in the end she finds out that she really loves Red Butler. It gives a good background on the Confederate point of view on the war and the descruction and cuelity the Civil War was. I love this classic.
Teen, 15 years old Written byenglishrider4546 April 9, 2008
this movie was downright AMAZING! kids, even if you don't like older movies, or think love storys are mushy junk, watch it anyway! adults will come to appreciate the quality of this movie, still unparallelled even today. the transformation vivien leigh's character undergoes is tragic, while at the same time inspiring. keep an eye out for two of the greatest lines in the history of both cinema and literature.... come on adults, you should remember these: "with God as my witness, I swear I shall never be hungry again!" "Frankly my dear, I don't give a d***" this movie was one of the first shot in three strip technicolor. It won 8 oscars, one of which was the first to be awarded to an african american woman!! remember, when people say this movie was very suggestive/provacitive, it was made in the 1940's. the 'n' word is avoided, and the swearing is zero to none. remember when viewing this movie that its ohh say, 4hrs long. Younger ones may have to do it in small doses, but anyone over 12 will be glued to the screen from the time the overture sounds, untill the exit music comes dramatically over the screen.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDMfanCassy August 30, 2011

GREAT MOVIE!!!!

This was a great movie!!!!!! now, the cuss word that Rhett said torward the end of the movie was the only thing that caught me off gaurd, but i was thankful that it wasn't a reallly bad one! There are alot of sad parts in the movie, I was actully suprized that Bonnie died too!!!!! But still a very good movie!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bycraftygirl202 July 14, 2011

Some Iffy Stuff

Gone with the Wind is REALLY good but, don't get fooled because it's rated "G". The film was made in the late 30's, so it would probably be rated PG or PG-13 today. It has violence, some kissing, and occasional drinking. I would not want a 5 or even 8 year old watching this movie. They might think that it would be okay to drink. I think you should be at least 11 or be very mature 9 or 10 year old.
Kid, 11 years old June 15, 2010

any age!

It's very long, so young kids will probably fall asleep. you know, every little thing in the movie they put down. it's fine! your kids won't even think about it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byink January 23, 2010
Teen, 16 years old Written byLindsayphoto January 18, 2010
I LOVE this movie! It's so beautiful and full of color. It's about 4 hours long and my sisters didn't want to watch this because they thought that it look boring and that it was too long. And about the sexual parts, it will just go over the kids head. And there not as much violence in this movie.(The violences in this movie is much more mild then some of todays movies.) :D:D
Teen, 14 years old Written bymiranda1993 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byWay2Dramatic April 9, 2008

One of the best movies ever made

I have to watch this cinematic classic at least once a year. It is moviemaking at its finest, and astounds me that it is almost 70 years old. Wow. Kids may not enjoy this because of the incredible length and the history (wow, something educational in a movie!), but if they want to watch it, smaller, seperate screenings work best. (Think Gone With The Wind: The Miniseries.) This is told from a southern point of view in the civil war, so there is steriotyping and all black characters are slaves, however, they are treated with respect. Some young kids may not understand that this is in the past and that slavery is bad. But if kids are old enough to know whats going on, and to sit through four hours of it, definately watch it together.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOceanTiger37 November 10, 2016

Very well done (but very long!) Hollywood classic has some violence/racism

First of all, I want to say the reason I did the 12+ rating for Gone With The Wind because the film is VERY long (4 hours!!!) and most under-12's will probably not make it through the entire film without falling asleep. In fact, I even go so far as to congratulate someone who's seen the entire film without skipping or turning off anything. Also, there is some violence (the "burning of Atlanta" scene is very intense, Scarlett shoots a man and he falls down the stairs with a bloody face, a man's leg is amputated off-screen (his screams are heard), tons of dead bodies from the Civil War are shown, Scarlett falls down a flight of stairs, her daughter is killed falling off a horse) as well as some suggestive content (Scarlett is assaulted by some men but is saved by (ironically enough, for the time period) a black man, a drunk Rhett gropes, threatens, carries up to bed, and has (implied) sex off-screen with Scarlett). Also, some of the racism (black characters are portrayed as happy, carefree servants who seem to like slavery) may bother parents, as well as the fact that the film portrays life in the Confederacy as happy and carefree in itself until the rebel Yankees (the Northerners who want to get rid of slavery) as shattering that peaceful way of life. Language isn't really something to worry about (except for that infamous (at the time period) "damn") Really, the film wouldn't get more than a PG rating today. All in all, this is a great film for tweens who (if possible) can sit through the whole thing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySupernovaUniverse November 9, 2016

Read This Review Before you See the Movie

This is a very very VERY long movie. The movie is probably okay for kids 8 and up but you have to be older to appreciate it. Some minor violence including a man killed by a gun shot. Fire, and hospital scenes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMOVIE_RATER February 20, 2016

REALLY A CLASSIC BUT I REALLY THINK YOU SHOULD BE 9 AND ABOVE TO WATCH IT

A great movie. One of the greatest film on earth, but some parent should be aware of kissing scenes,violent scenes and slave scenes for children that are under the age of 9.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTommorowisareality13 November 22, 2015

First Half Could Be Rough For Some

While most of the movie is safe for all audiences, the war scenes could be gruesome for some. There is one scene when a man has to have his leg amputated and is yelling and screaming in agony. There are shots of blood, but only shown for a few seconds. Overall, if your kid is very afraid of violence, don't watch the first half.
Teen, 14 years old Written byProjektor May 14, 2015

This is one of the biggest movies ever! This is quite overrated and "surupy", but this is great film! Stroty, actors, music, everything!

This movie have some violence scenes (pretty bloody) and sensuality (few passionate kissing).
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan September 23, 2014

"Gone with the Wind" movie review

I heard that "Gone with the Wind" was four hours long, so I was very hesitant to watch the film. I did eventually get the movie on DVD and cleared four hours of my life to watch it. To this day, it is one of the best decisions I have ever made. "Gone with the Wind" is a fantastic movie. The first half of the movie I liked more than the second half. The second half of the movie was very slow at parts, but other than that, there is no problem with the film. Despite being so long and uninteresting at times, "Gone with the Wind" is a magnificent film. The best thing about the movie was how they showed the difficulties during the Civil War. Now many may argue that this movie is a waste of time and it is way too long. People who say that have no understanding of films. I was totally invested for the first half of the movie. As I said, it lost momentum during the second half, but that was no big deal because this movie was brilliant. The ending to "Gone with the Wind" was perfect. Many argue that the ending made the movie a waste of time. They don't realize that these kind of things happen in real life. I definitely recommend checking out "Gone with the Wind". If you're not a fan of long movies, still check it out. After watching this movie, your view of humanity will change.