Kid reviews for Greyhound

Greyhound Poster Image

Awesome movie!

I loved this movie! Tom Hanks is awesome. While the sailors curse every now and then, the are told off my the captain. I would highly recommend this movie to any one who can take a little action and language.

its god

This is the best movie ive seen with my dad and its a good movie but there is some bad language so its ok for kids over 10 to watch with supervision

Insightful with excellent graphics

A significant amount of war violence is obviously depicted, although besides a few infrequent swears there are no other areas of concern. Another excellent performance by Tom Hanks, although nothing particularly revolutionary or unique. In my opinion, the cinematography was done very well and the film was insightful overall, but the plot and characters did not stand out in terms of development. Good messages of trust, perseverance, and the value of great leadership; very good special effects/graphics -- watch with ages 12 and up for the most value. 3.5/5 stars.

Great insight on real war

Great movie. Shows you what it's really like being at war, with enemies hiding and ready to pounce. The F word is only said once after an attack on the Greyhound, though the guy quickly apologizes for his language. One scene of a guy getting a bloody wound through the mouth, though they quickly cover it with a cloth. In all, it's a great movie that leaves you at the edge of your seat until the movie is over. It's good to realize what people went through for our country.

It has violence.

This inspirational story showing the courage that men had to put into war has very strong messages of courage,teamwork,perseverance,trust and empathy. It has strong role models of standing up to your enemy and being a good leader. Although prepare for intense battles,bombings,men shot dead and multiple torpedoed ships, and destroyed army subs. Language is present,usages of s**t, a few f bombs, damn... I recommend this movie for teens of ages 13 and up.

good film, ok for kids

parents- i recommend you watch this with your kids, they should be able to handle it. no blood/gore, only brief language.

Gripping, intense and never gonna bore

Most of the war films bore some non-committed audience and test their patience but this one is simply out of the box. It's short, it's intense and binds your attention till the end. One battle after the other, Captain Ernie doesn't sleep for 3 days and his feet start bleeding because of constantly standing. Sexual stuff is next to none. Violence is pretty much high. Apart from the expected blowing ships and fires, there are also men getting shot (one seems to get shot in the face although not much is shown). There are also off-screen casualties. A scene involves honoring 3 martyred soldiers' bodies drown in the sea. As mentioned above, Captain Ernie's feet is seen bleeding. Language is strong but brief. One f-bomb and two so*******tch words. Drinking is none although mentioned. Positive messages include teamwork and courage. Also, blunt decision-making. I think war films are rarely suggested for movie nights and stuff but I'd say this one is a worth watch. It won't bore you and keep you on the edge of your seat.