Parent reviews for Gummibar: The Yummy Gummy Search for Santa

Gummibar: The Yummy Gummy Search for Santa Poster Image

Freaking terrible. “F*ck” is used 57 times, “sh*t” is used 21 times, “p*ssy” is used 12 times, and the N-word is used 4 times.

Awful

I actually couldn’t watch this whole movie. Inappropriate and rude “humor”, Santa is fat-shamed, his butt crack is shown, all within the first few minutes. About as far from a feel-good Christmas movie as you can get.

Explicit References

Would NOT recommend for young children. The Cat roommate not only is dressed in a way that's not necessary at all for the show or theme, she also says "this pussy's beat" along w a couple other sexual innuendos. Was watching this w my 3 & 5 yr olds & was fr completely blindsided by some of the random references that I personally am not cool w bein added to shows my boys watch. The only part that we liked was the gummy bear song (in which we busted out a dance party in our living room). Just wanted others to know! Hope this helps.

Why does this exist?

I don’t think kids should be wasting their time watching this badly animated poorly written film about a dancing singing gummy bear trying to save Santa. I mean the story is predictable and cliched, the characters are uninteresting and annoying, the animation is god-awful. Not to mention the movie has very little to do what the gummy bear is based on. This just begs the question that who thought making a video about a singing and dancing gummy bear would be a good idea? So please don’t buy your kids this movie. If you want to show your kids a good movie I would recommend for you to buy Wreck it Ralph or Toy Story.