Kid reviews for Hail, Caesar!

Coen brothers' madcap, funny take on old Hollywood.

Teen, 13 years old Written bychazzy123 February 9, 2016

It was well made... but...

The trailer made me want to see this movie, and it is a Cohen brothers film, so why wouldn't I? I had high expectations, and the movie was very well made, but it lacked excitement and up-beat-ness... It was funny but for more mature audiences, (not that the humor was inappropriate, just more of an "old people humor" type movie) So anyways... to conclude the review, it was "ok"... "Oh brother where art thou?" was defiantly more exiting... See it if you are it to good film-style, but not if you HATE boring movies.

Teen, 13 years old Written byns44 May 10, 2020

Hail, Caesar!

Teen, 15 years old Written byEnglishPenguin January 30, 2017

Some will find it hysterical, others will be confused.

Personally, I thought Hail, Caesar was great. It was smart, witty, had George Clooney, and was satirizing old movies. The movie was almost entirely clear of bad content, though the few inappropriate remarks were as subtle as the humor. That is what Hail, Caesar's main problem stems, the humor being so subtle, that sometimes you may be left woundering if your just laughing because you think something was meant to be funny. I found the movie to be quiet absorbing and witty, but many people may not find this movie interesting in the least. I would give it four stars, some may give it none. Hail, Caesar is for (whether it was meant to be) a very select audience. If you like O' Brother, where art thou, chances are you will like this movie, (though its advertised cast of A list actors is mostly just Josh Brolin and some George Clooney).
Teen, 15 years old Written bybiovox14 October 17, 2016

ummm....yea

Ok so this movie was good but only because of what was underlying. What happens in this movie is just a cover for what its really about. It doesn't really make alot of sense unless you get what its actually about. The content would be G if it weren't for a couple of D**n's and small talk of a baby born out of wedlock. This is a great movie but I suggest watching it with your kid and discussing it with them.
Teen, 16 years old Written byIsaac Paczkowski August 15, 2016

Funny Coen Brother's Film. Over-Hated and Underrated!

Hail, Caesar is a great funny look into the golden age of Hollywood, set in the later years of the fifties. It follows a busy working class man named Eddie Mannix, whom covers up all the scandal and gossip at a film production company called Capitol Pictures. All the film is, is a day in his life. Expect a lot of great acting, set pieces, writing, and yes quite a few laughs. I feel that the audience disliked this movie due to it's affluent use of the fifties vernacular, and culture. In simpler terms, most people probably just didn't understand it. You will like this film if your a fan of the fifties, lived back in that time, or just want to watch a more laid back, different kind of film.

Teen, 14 years old Written byrebo344 April 3, 2016

Fun take on Hollywood.

Hail, Caesar is an entertaining take on Hollywood. The actors are great, the music is enjoyable and Roger Deakins' cinematography is great as always. It's nothing special, but it's good. Grade: B.

Kid, 11 years old March 18, 2016

Overall...

The movie is good, and adults will definitely like it, but I recommend it for older teens, because the humor and dusicussion topics are intended for adults, and children will probably be bored and confused, because it is the kind of movie that will make certain people fall asleep.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypicardisbetter March 5, 2016

It was all right

The only gripe with this film that I have is that Scarlet Johanasson, Jonah Hill and other talented actors have a grand total of like 6 scenes.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMaya16 February 21, 2016

A great mix of comedy and music

I went to see this for my birthday last week and it was okay. Even one of my friends who does not like many movies enjoyed some parts of it. The movie definitely had its funny moments.

Teen, 16 years old Written byDrSoup007 February 7, 2016

Disappointing and without the Coen charm

Hail, Caesar can be best described as follows, "wasted potential". You've got the Coen Brothers (not only directing but writing), George Clooney, Josh Brolin, Roger Deakins, boatloads of great talent. The premise of the film itself leaves so much room for good humor and character, and it's just wasted, on a disconnected story I didn't care about at any point during the film. About halfway through you start to realize that nothing matters, the story the film itself in no ways effects the characters or the universe it takes place in. Every person the story tries to make note of and garner your attention with just fails to bring any flourish to the sometimes hammy dialogue and poor scene pacing. In the end, all the jokes, all the ideas, and everything the movie had going for it, just flushes itself down the toilet because you just don't care, and it doesn't really matter. I'm being repetitive because I feel so compelled to stress that this isn't even an okay movie, it's a bad one. And if you're like myself, and had high hopes for it, I urge you to not waste your time. Go watch O Brother, Where Art Thou? again, it'd be more entertaining.