Kid reviews for Happy Death Day 2U

Slasher sequel held together by strong characters, themes.

Teen, 16 years old Written byGhoulGirl13 February 14, 2019

Very Funny, Great Plot

It was a great movie. Had a great plot and had very funny parts throughout the whole movie while having tons of suspense and thrill to it. I personally liked it better than the first one due to how much more events & plot it had. I really liked this movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybookworm3284 February 25, 2019

Scary, funny, and surprisingly emotional. Way better than the first

I didn't think that this movie would cause me to tear up. BUT IT DID! This movie was by-far better than the first one, because it is not repetitive. The first one got boring fast, because of how repetitive it was. No if you are thinking not to go see this one because it is just like the first, you are far from right. The only thing that is the same from the first one is that there is a recap of the first one (about a minute long) and there is still the element of being stuck in a time loop. But there are so many more elements with this one. They bring in different dimensions, a time loop machine, elements that remind me of Back to The Future, they even bring emotional scenes in that almost made me cry. There is so much to spoil on this movie, so I am trying to do very little of it. Now for the violence and horror. Yes there are jump scares, yes there is violence, but there is rarely any blood (the only times when there is blood is when Tree jumps into a wood chipper, and she falls out of a plane and hits the ground, you don't see her hit the ground, you see her jump out of the plane in a bikini, and then you see her fall in slow motion holding up middle fingers, and then you just see her blood splatter and two people making out in the background). She does kill herself more than getting murdered in this one, but most of them are played for laughs, and they are not very disturbing (if you know what I mean), I would never categorize this movie as a horror movie, more of a comedic dark thriller with heart. There is one scene at the end which is just so beautiful and is the perfect moment that I almost screamed, and almost cried tears of joy, just because of how amazing the music in the background was and the scene that was unfolding. SPOILER ALERT (it is when Tree and Carter are kissing in the hospital and the sparks are falling right as Tree is about to go back to her original dimension) SPOILER ALERT OVER. This movie doesn't just focus on the murderer, and there are only about 5-7 scenes that the murderer is actually in, because this movie has way more than just the murderer, like I said. So it is like a totally different movie than the first. And the end credit scene sets up for (cross your fingers) a third movie. And there are many rumors that this will be a trilogy or maybe even more. There are around 2-4 F**K's but 2 are said clearly. There was not really any sexual content, and no where near as much as the first one, it just had some light sexual humor, and a shirtless hunk walking out of a girl's shower wearing nothing but a towel, and just some kissing scenes. Just go see this movie, even if you think it will be too much like the first one and will be boring. You won't regret it. My MPAA rating: PG13 (for scenes of horror violence, some bloody images, suicide images, some sexual material, thematic material, and language throughout)

Teen, 14 years old Written byAislynDiane February 17, 2019

Horror comedy great for younger teens

This movie was HILARIOUS, though it isn't good for people looking for a terrifying horror movie. Don't get me wrong, it has plenty of scary moments, the comedy just overshadows it a bit. There is implied sex, but nothing shown. There is a bit of cursing in this one. There is also blood, but nothing too graphic. Even the scene where she jumps into a wood chipper is more slapstick and a comical spray of blood comes out of the other side. The movie contains a great message about friendship and grieving over loss. Over all, this is a great movie for mature thirteen year olds, but can be enjoyed by all ages.

Teen, 16 years old Written bytiktokqueen February 16, 2019

rubbish

terrible film waste of money had to make tiktoks the whole way through to entertain myself

Kid, 11 years old March 13, 2019

Teen, 13 years old Written byhals.1144 March 3, 2019
Teen, 13 years old Written byJust_Here March 2, 2019
(Finish reading my review before deciding anything) Happy Death Day 2U was a lot to take in. Some of my really close friends decided to see it on a Saturday night and see if all the talk about it was really worth it. I only saw a couple clips from the first movie, but thought it would be okay considering it had a similar plot. It was an interesting movie. I feel like there isn’t really words to describe my feelings toward it. Lots of things happened all at once. Like I said, a lot to take in. For the age matter, I think around 13 or 14 is the perfect age to watch the movie. It was more of a comedy than a horror. Especially for this age group, they’ll probably enjoy it. They’re seemed to be about everything in the movie. From sexual content, to graphic scenes, to swearing. But not a headache amount. I say give it a try, younger teens.