Parent reviews for Happy Feet Two

Happy Feet Two Poster Image

cute

Its a really cute adventure.

Also a good sequel

Just like the Charlotte's Web sequel or the sequels to Toy Story or The Rescuers Down Under. Nothing bad in it. Nothing like the disappointing Cars sequel. 8.5/10

Gender imbalance

Another example of predominantly male protagonists, so not recommended for your daughters!

Family movie

I thought it was a great family movie. Not to many family movies these days. Adults and kids will enjoy.

Um...

I enjoyed the film and certainly had fun watching it, but as I left the theater, I was wondering exactly what happened in this film. I was a tad confused by a lot of story elements. Not to mention a lot of subplots are introduced and not many are fully explored. Two of them are outright dropped within seconds, and the addition of the Krill didn't really help the film in any way. Nevertheless, the visuals are incredible and the music, unlike in the first one, is actually memorable, so for that reason alone, it is worth seeing.

Too scary for my 4 1/2 year old

I brought my 4 1/2 year old daughter, who has seen Toy Story, Cars and the latest Winnie the Pooh movie. I wish I hadn't brought her. This had way more scary parts for a young child than any of the above movies. That coupled with a positively adorable protagonist, in the baby penguin Eric, made the scary parts just much too scary for her. In addition, the themes were way over the head of a young child, and yet not done in a way where she just missed it. I'm thinking of the repeated existential themes ("what's the point of living, we're all just going to die") and the themes about highly fallible parents, not to mention the palpable risk of young seals/penguins losing their parents. Last, as an adult, this movie sucks. The writing is far poorer than any of the Pixar movies I've seen, which generally stitch together a plot line and dialog which are simultaneously accessible to both adults and young children. The one upside: the music numbers. When it comes out on video, it might be worth buying to make a highlight reel of the music numbers -- *that* would be perfect for young children. In short, pass.

Happy

good movie

it a really good movie watch it

Nice but Nietzhe

While I think the film is terrific as a kids film, some of the older ones may pick up on the independence as a form of rebellion, rather than leadership. Also, some of the existential questions may also sit in the minds of the older children.

Bill and Will are fantastic! Love those krill!

This movie does not have as much dance as you would think. There are some fantastic songs, and the overall movie is mildly entertaining. It doesn't contain enough relief from the scenes of peril, and even i was thinking "enough already" after challenge after dangerous challenge was thrown our way. I especially didn't like one scene where the baby penguins were in danger of being eaten by the seagulls. Pretty scary stuff, especially for little kids. As far as the review that was concerned about the two krill Bill and Will - I do consider that individual a homophobic wack job. The two krill overall come off as good guy buddies, with the kind of slightly sideways comments expected from close male friends. In fact, we liked these two characters the best of all. Some good messages about believing in yourself and working as a team. But not strongly message-filled overall.