Kid reviews for Harriet the Spy

Book-based movie has some bullying, name-calling.

Teen, 17 years old Written byhamstergurl09 February 12, 2012

Great!

I was a huge fan of this movie when my cousin introduced it to me at age...8 I think? The storyline is realistic, but not boring as some realistic films can be for kids. This film is very funny and will keep kids of all ages entertained. The acting in this movie is quite good. Many people I know who saw this movie as a kid decided that they wanted to follow in Harriet's footsteps and keep a notebook themselves. That encourages kids to be observant (well, maybe a little TOO observant, in Harriet's case). I read the book, too, and I prefer this version. Don't even bother with "Harriet the Spy: Blog Wars" though, that movie was awful.
Teen, 13 years old Written byenisayoung August 22, 2013

alright!!!

its great i love this movie :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):):):):)::::::::::::::
Teen, 17 years old Written byreviewer1 November 12, 2008

I lived the Life of Harriet the Spy

When I was nine years old, my mother first read to me the book Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh. I was enthralled by the thought that this young girl could be a spy. Then, when I was introduced to the movie a year later I lived the life of Harriet. It inspired me to start a journal in which I recorded every around me so that I wouldn't miss anything. It took me months to sign my own name at the bottom instead of Harriet M. Welsh. The movie is full of kid-friendly humor and has a great story line. A must see for any child.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJustino4 February 13, 2012

Mexican/Spanish....Random

This movie was a little depressing. It wasn't bad though. I found it wierd by the music being mexican/spanish......random.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHappy Bookworm November 16, 2013

Wonderful!

This is such a cute movie, I remember watching it in fourth grade and my whole class laughed their brains out. I have seen many versions of this movie and I'm not quite sure if this is the one where they hang the girl's bra on the flagpole, I apologize if this is that version. Also, kids may want to start a notebook like Harriet.

Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2009

good!!

My sister and I love this movie! We watch it a LOT! The book is really good to though.
Kid, 11 years old March 2, 2015

Harriet the Spy Review

Great movie with great messages. However, there is a lot of bullying. Harriet writes stuff about her friends + kids in her class in her privet notebook which gets stolen by them. They gang up on her and than she severely gets revenge. Great messages about not to bully. At one point in the movie Harriet slaps the biggest bully, Marrion Hawthorn for pouring paint on her.