Parent reviews for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 Poster Image

Finally figured out why so many parents hate Harry Potter material

None of the elements in this movie are appropriate for children, or for most adults, for that matter: - obsession with death - communication with the dead - imbuing objects with the soul of a person I'm rating it 18 and up because children should have a little more experience and maturity before being exposed to something dealing with this kind of "magic." I had forgotten how bad the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 was; it had been several years since I saw it and I forgot that its content had made me decide never to watch another Harry Potter movie. Realized years later I had never finished this series, and gave this one a try. Big mistake. It is a slow-moving, dark, joyless, grim, sad movie. We made it through perhaps the first half-hour, watching scared, tense teens interrogate goblins and others, trying to find the missing "pieces" of the bad guy's soul (his literal soul!) that he has "hidden" in various objects all around the country. The spaced-out Luna pops up and tells Harry that since no living soul knows where the objects are hidden, then this means he'll need to talk to the dead. I basically jumped at the remote to get this piece of trash turned off. We do not welcome black magic or the occult in our household.

1 person found this helpful.
I absolutely love this movie! I was worried about the violence but it wasn’t bad as long as you know what’s coming! Actually my parents and brother didn’t know and they were fine! The most bloody and scary part is where lavender (spoiler!) is killer by fenrir greyback. He is violent werewolf, so you can imagine how that might be scary. I have heard people say that this movie is way too dark and depressing but I don’t get it! Yes, it’s dark. But it is also focused on bravery and friends fighting more fiercely for each other than ever before. For the potterheads who know what is coming, here are parts that are xtra emotional so prepare yourself: When Snape dies and his backstory are very sad but don’t skip, definitely don’t skip. It is important and not the kind of sad where it makes no sense that he dies. He died bravely, in the words of scorpius, and his backstory is important. Also, the deaths of lupin, tonks, and Fred. You probably already knew that if you have read the books, but just in case you forgot and so it doesn’t take you by surprise. There is also some cursing including the b word, but the level of swearing is probably about the same as the book. This movie is amazing, not to scary, and it will make you love Harry and his friends even more. An amazing end to the Potter movies, and you definetly must see it when you are ready.

Awesome movie but some violence

This is a great movie and I have watched it many times. I'm not sure if it was in this movie but I'm pretty sure there is a scene where Voldemort is walking through a room with blood all over the floor and dead bodies everywhere. This part is a bit disturbing so maybe skip it if you don't like violence. There is also a part where there is a werewold drinking blood from a dead girls neck and the werewolf has blood and flesh all over his face. so also skip that if you don't like scary scenes. Other than this it's an amazing movie with great acting and i absolutely loved it!

Harry Potter est livré à un combat contre Voldemort et ses mangemorts

Poudlard est livré à un combat sans merci et Harry Potter doit se rendre à Voldemort pour mettre fin à la guerre.

Harry Potter!!!!!!!

Look, Harry Potter is amazing!!! Just I think number 1,2 and 3 are suitable for maybe a 5+ but number 5 maybe a 7+ and 6,7 part 1 and 7 part 2 probobly an 8+ as it would be a little scary for younger children and a few kissing scenes plus 1 mild swear word (the B word) but I think if you under eight probobly no if you are 8 or 9 maybe let your parent watch it before you do but over 9 should be fine and not need parents to watch it before but in general Harry Potter 7 part 2 is litterly the best movie eevvverrrr!!!

Amazing

Really good and recommend for any aged of Harry Potter fan

Sorry I can’t think of a title

This Potter film is the most intense one yet and the most violent because there’s lots of violence violence 6%10 lots of violence dragons breath fire this Potter film has a high body count people are burned bridges fall in a gory scene a snake bits someone and he dies Harry finds baby Voldemort covered in blood but it’s only for a second mass destruction a snakes tale is sliced of but there’s no blood and gore shown so yes this Potter film is quite intense my rating pg 13 intense fantasy violence and fantasy themes

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

This movie is amazing! It is the best ending to Harry Potter possible and the movie makes it a million times better. I think it's good for your young tweens and is not a family film if you have young children as some scenes are very frightening for young viewers. Amazing CGI throughout and good spell duels. It contains a bit of swearing such as 'bitch' and other curses. I strongly recommend this film to you and you can watch it on prime video to rent or buy. Thank you.

definitely good!

12 and older is dumb i would say if your kid isnt stupid then 2 and under. oml, common sense rates stuff by content, not what by parents actually care about