Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 338 kid reviews

Sort by:

HORRIBLE

this movie is horrible i hate this movie

2 people found this helpful.

Again, know your kids.

I watched this at 7 and was fine. To be honest, kids that age don't make much of violence, they like the suspense and action. Curse words, romance, I think a potion does not mean substances but who knows. I think kids under 12 can watch it. Parents underestimate their kids a lot. They think kids are too soft for it. I'm a really soft and innocent kid, and this movie did nothing to me. Still, know your kids, maybe wait to watch it until 10, and let them watch it after. Everyone does, and someone dies but it's not gory or anything. When you think that it's just a movie all the thematic elements become more prominent and you can tell it's nothing. The dragon's fire never reaches Harry, the mermaids are mean but you know nothing will ever happen because it's the main character. Kids can tell you-- it's not bad! But if you have kids under 12 maybe watch it with them. Under 10 watch it with them and skip bad parts.

1 person found this helpful.

Classic with darker twists!

Love this movie, probably my favourite HP one. The films are pretty innocent up to this point but Goblet of Fire ramps up death and there is slightly bad language, and Harry is shown being tortured briefly near the end. More violence than the other films. A teen being killed is pretty sudden and violent. Good family film to watch, maybe 11+ if your kids are mature.

THe BeSt moVIe ever

This Is my favorite. There is a scene where Harry is talking to draco Malfoy and Harry says”I DONT CARE A DAMN WHAT YOUR FATHER THINKS. Yeah. Ron says bloody hell so there is use of bad language but it’s also about team work and it’s at the age where death is relied and it can teach kids spend time with your family and friends because no one lives forever.

1 person found this helpful.

Darker, more unnerving than the first three.

Harry Potter and the goblet of fire is much scarier than the others before it. It shows the characters aren’t kids anymore and it keeps getting scarier from that point on. There is one very sad death. Lots of blood used in torture. Knife cuts character’s arm. Character cuts his hand off. Lifeless bodies shown, but no blood on the bodies. Scary mermaid creatures with spears. Dragons burning things. Dark scary maze. Torture curse, character screaming in pain. Great role models and messages.

Darker than the ones before

This movie is great! Now people who have read the book of this will know it is not like the book at all. Still very enjoyable though. It has some blood and some minor swearing but nothing a 9 year old couldn't hear. As always watch the other 3 first. This movie is quite bright and not very violent until the end. The end is very scary for children. It is basically this weird creepy guy cutting harry and taking his blood and then cutting off his own hand! Then voldemort comes and looks very scary. The maze scene may also be a little unerving but not bad.

Where the stakes are raised in the series, to set up the later, scarier films

This film is in the upper half of Harry Potter films in my opinion, I've always had a blast with this one because it's a suspenseful film, an intense film, a sophisticated film, and it's a contender for the most cinematic Harry Potter film. This was the first film in the series to receive a 12A rating though, and it somewhat merited that rating. It was dark at times, violent at times, had more emotionally intense themes as it went along, and is a dark film, this film being where the stakes were raised by the end, to serve the rest of the series as the films got scarier. It's a fantastic film though, I first watched it at age 7 and didn't like it and then only had a blast with it when I watched it at age 10, but I think 12 and up is more fitting.