Kid reviews for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

First Potter movie is a magical ride but also intense.

Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2011

Good movie to start the Harry Potter series.

Very good movie with good introduction of Harry, his friends, and all the wizards and witches at Hogwarts. Wonderful account of Harry's adventure with the Philosopher's stone.

Kid, 12 years old December 30, 2015

Harry Potter

I will always love Harry Potter! I love the books and the films. Harry Potter can be funny at sometimes. (Right now I am watching the 3rd film which I have watched 100 times) XD
Kid, 9 years old December 3, 2014

Can't Miss It

You have to watch this! I watched it first when I was five and I loved it. It's great for the whole family however the concept of Voldemort and his possessing Quirrell may scare very young children. It didn't really scare me, but it enchanted me. I do recommend reading the book before watching the movie, I did

Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2011

Great...Great...Great:)

Great Movie! This one and the Last one is Defiantly my Favorites! This Shows where it all started and very little violence.. No Cursing.. and NO Sexy Stuff(: This Movie is Great for All Ages and I Recommend it so Anyone!

Educational Value
Kid, 11 years old November 10, 2019

not the best out of the harry potter movies

this is a great film but it is a disappointment there is a very scary scene at the end of the film that might scare younger children.

Kid, 9 years old September 12, 2016

Okay, but book is better

I give this movie a 6/10. I think it's alright, but the book is better. Although, if you don't read the book first, you'll probably think it's the best movie ever. To start off, there's only a couple curse words and some drinking. There's not any romance, but a bit of violence. First of all, there's a brief flashback of Lily and James Potter's (Harry's parents) death, and throughout the movie, kids and adults use magic, although not much to harm anyone, but the scene where the troll attacks Harry, Hermione, and Ron may be frightening to kids. It's also a little emotional since Harry's parents where killed by Lord Voldemort and he is raised by the Dursley's, Harry's only remaining relatives. The Dursley's are mean and cruel to Harry, although he is rescued by Rubeus Hagrid, a half-giant. Characters transform and untransform into animals such as cats. Professor Severus Snape may also be frightening, not because of the looks, but because of the evilness. Harry, Ron, Hermione find out that Snape is probably trying to get to the Sorcerer's Stone, a stone that gives people eternal life, that is guarded by Fluffy, a giant, three-headed dog Hagrid owns. I'd say the last confrontation is the most intense part. First of all, Ron is playing chess on a giant chess board (about as big as two bedrooms put together) and gets knocked out because a piece destroys the piece he is riding on. Hermione stays with Ron while Harry goes on alone, finding (*SPOILER ALERT!*) Professor Quirinus Quirrell waiting for him! Quirrell is the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Quirrell unwraps his headscarf and turns around to show Harry that he has two faces. One perfectly normal, the other a gray, ugly looking face. The second face is Lord Voldemort's, who has to live on another person's body. Voldemort yells at Quirrell to kill Harry. Quirrell flies forward and attempts to strangle Harry. Harry touches Quirrell's hands, which turn ash-like. He then touches Quirrell's face which also turns to ash, killing him. A large puff of smoke is created. A large puff that looks like Voldemort's face comes near Harry, which knocks him out. Harry wakes up hours later in the hospital wing, with the head of Hogwarts, Albus Dumbledore. Dumbledore explains everything that happened. So this is okay, but I recommend trying the book first.
P.S. There is also bullying, which may be upsetting.
Recommended rating: PG for creature violence, intense scenes, and mild language.

Teen, 17 years old Written byXemnasSuperior March 10, 2011

Ah the first

The classic first Harry Potter never gets old and the only thing I hated was the Dursleys.

Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2011

A LIIITLE Scary but awesome

It is such a wonderful, enchanting and magical film- but I do find the man with two faces very scary. Although I haven't looked up at that part for 1 year, I still think it is too scary for me!
Don't get me wrong though, it's an awesome film! The best of the series I think!

Educational Value
Teen, 15 years old Written byIsa Rooksie July 8, 2020

A family favorite❤

Love this saga so much!
I strongly recommend reading the books first though!

Kid, 9 years old July 5, 2020

Not the best film in the Harry potter franchise

It can be a little disturbing to young kids. There is violence and a little language best for kids 8+

Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2020

Amazing movie includes characters being in a lot of danger

Personally, I think most kids would like the movies, but it is too complicated for younger kids. Keep in mind that you will have to pause the movie multiple times to explain it to anyone, not just children. A scene that shows a bloody, dead unicorn was pretty disturbing to me, and there is lots of talk about Harrys dead parents and who killed them. Some characters get injured. As Harry, Ron, and Hermione get older, the themes get darker.

Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2020

AAAAMMMMAAAAAZZZZZIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG

It is a great intro to Harry Potter, but it might be a little boring/scary for young or sensitive kids. The boring part is that it's a talky movie, and the scary part is that at the end when (SPOILER) Harry, Ron and Hermione finish the game of wizard chess and Harry finds Voldemort's face on the back of Quirrell's head! I still get shivers down my spine when I remember that face. and the battle with the troll might be scary as well as fluffy the three headed dog. There are no swear words, nobody puts up their middle finger and nobody flips the peace sign around and shakes it so there's no bad body language. Oh yeah if your kid is very squeamish cover their eyes after Nearly Headless Nick says "Like this." I hope my review helped you.

Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2020

Great

It is great movie to watch as a family, but also scary like when Lord Voldemort appears on the back of Quirells head

Teen, 15 years old Written byAudrey123 June 23, 2020

This movie is very good and interesting. There are scenes that if you have extremely sensitive or very young kids might be slightly unsettling, but I think that most people will be fine. It has a great plot line and is overall a great movie.

Kid, 8 years old June 19, 2020

SO AWESOME!!!

This was such a great film, I think it would've been a little better if they changed a few parts but overall the wizarding world is freaking awesome!!!
Kid, 10 years old June 19, 2020

AMAZING FILM

THIS MOVIE IS SO GOOD!!! It is really fun to watch Harry find out about this whole world he never knew about.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr.p00p June 16, 2020

AMAZING (just the swearing pees me off)

Well this is fine only the swearing is the pee off that words like Malfoy said a$$ when Longbottom gone to hospital when Malfoy got the ball + Rons Bl00dly h3ll moments and Hagrid said Bl00dly idiot once in the forbidden forest to fang (Even he is a dog-e-yet get the joke haha) and the troll and violence might scare people but not me This is a PG for 3 years and + on my watch so yes maybe older but I’m not very sure because I’m not that scared of movies ?????

Teen, 14 years old Written bytheatrekid June 14, 2020

Sweet, Magical Movie

A nice introduction to the Harry Potter movies. Some parts are a little scary but nothing absolutely disgusting. A guy does have a face on the back of his head, though...just saying.

Kid, 8 years old June 14, 2020

Too scary for me

Horrifying ending. I was 6 when I watched it and maybe I'll like it better when I'm 11 like Harry Potter.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMar mbl June 13, 2020