Kid reviews for Heavenly Creatures

Heavenly Creatures Poster Image

I liked it, but is not my favorite movie

I watched this movie as I knew it was Kate Winslet's first one. It is OK for 13 and up if you don't have any problem with violence or crime.

Fascinating story- insanely good acting

I came into this expecting to be disturbed. While I was not disturbed, I did find the film to be extremely interesting. There's some iffy content, sex-wise, towards the end of the film (after a humorous chase scene, its easy to tell when its coming) as well as a sex scene (nothing much shown) towards the middle. It does deal with homosexuality, so if that bothers you you might want to turn away. The most graphic part just contains a lot of blood, however it is gruesome- I did not find this to be too gory but other people might find it so. It's an intense film, and I don't think kids who aren't mature could watch this. The acting on both lead actresses ends is insane- Winslet deserved an oscar nod for this. Once you're done watching the film, I suggest reading some articles and looking into the case and aftermath, as some information on it did come out in the 2000s.

Peter Jacksons's masterpiece is intese and imaginative, but definitely not for kids or younger teenagers.

Heavenly Creatures Review

Heavenly Creatures is the true story of two girls, Pauline Parker and Juliet Hulme. The film is about the two girls and there intense relasonship starting when they were both just 13. Melanie Lynsey and Kate Winslet are both wonderfully chilling in the roles of the two girls. Audiences will be in a trance with the beautiful but deadly things the two girls make. Often poetic and compelling this is a film you will not want to miss! I give this film 5\5