Parent reviews for High Fidelity

Book-based romantic drama has cursing, smoking, sex.

Parent Written byIan F. October 29, 2018

Great Comedy For Older Teens And Music Lovers!

"High Fidelity" is a perfect breakup film for anyone who has had their heart stomped on. Rob (John Cusack) is so self absorbed he loses the woman he loves and it finally forces him to reflect on his life's romantic journey to find out where it all went wrong. It's also a movie about music and what popular music manufactures in our souls. The film leans pretty heavily on foul language (not potty language but cursing) and there are some scenes of implied sex but it's not really depicted on screen . A woman straddles a man in a car while fully clothed after expressing a desire for sex, a couple is heard moaning from the next room, and another couple is shown embracing while nude but covered by blankets. Pretty tame for teens all things said. I would call the only violent scene in the film to be "cartoony" in how absurd it is and how it is played for exaggerated comedy (a character imagines a scenario wherein he and his friends beat up his former partner's new boyfriend). All in all, this is a film older teens (and older teen music-lovers) would immediately hook into. Save it for high school and you'll have a good time with it.
Adult Written byJennifer-Marie April 9, 2008