Parent reviews for High School Musical

High School Musical Poster Image

AMAZING MOVIE!

This movie was SO GOOD! My 8 year old listens to the music on the bus!

1 person found this helpful.

I liked it! And my six year old liked it!!! This movie is crazy good.

Beautiful music. Beautiful acting. Zac is so hot. They do say that in the movie tho. And Gabriella and Kelsey are too very influencial characters and also great role models! If my daughter told me she wanted to be like Gabriella, fun, happy, sweet, smart, and not caring about what people think of her. I'd be so happy I might order pizza and icecream for dinner. Lol.

It’s kinda bad

Don’t bother with this sexist fertiliser. You’d get better songs and more enlightenment from watching ‘grease’

very, very tame, fine for early elementary

I'd held off on letting my kids watch this based on the reviews -- we tend to shelter more than other parents, so if a movie says "age 8" we often wait until age 9, etc. In this case I made an exception and let my 7.5 year old watch this. Both my 7.5 year old and 11.5 year old enjoyed it, and my husband I were baffled what content led it to get the "age 8" recommendation. While there is obvious attraction/interest/flirtation between the lead boy and girl, there is nothing sexual, not even a kiss (except for one brief peck on the cheek the boy gives the girl). I'd been worried about showing a movie with high school themes (given the title) to my early elementary age daughter, but this is definitely a Disneyfied version of high school, perfectly appropriate for young children as long as the parents are OK with them watching hetero flirtation. There is a pair of "mean kids," but they are an absurd caricacture of themselves (and also very snappy dancers and singers). Even preschool-age children realize that there are mean kids out there, and enjoy disliking these over-the-top ones. The movie has positive messages that it's possible to hold more than one identity: a basketball player AND a baker, a skater kid AND a cellist, a smart girl AND a good singer, etc. In the end the whole high school embraces and supports each other in all their identities.

Annoying

I always personally found this annoying even at the age of 11 which is unexpected the music is nonstop I just hate this

Inna-pro-pro

Start of something new.

The beginning of the flim is beautiful. The boy and the girl sing a pretty duet together and meet each other. Zac was so young innocent and cute in this movie.

High School Musical!!!

This is a wonderful movie that I remember from 3rd grade. It is a movie that brings all your friends together in spirit and heart to sing these songs from a tween movie. Of course Vanessa's chest is shown a bit in some of her revealing dresses and you do see Zac shirtless, this is a wonderful chance to bring out the Wildcat in everyone!!!