Kid reviews for His House

His House Poster Image

A modern metaphorical horror masterpiece

This movie is amazing. I have recently seen it twice, and even after watching it the second time I still thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll try to keep my review free of any major spoilers though, and I will give it a general review, then a content review. First, I'll do the general review. Saying this movie is good would be an understatement, because it is really good. Rather than relying on jump scares or gore to be scary and engaging, it relies on its good acting and storyline. The acting is beyond great, especially from the wife who delivers a deeply low and chilling line about half an hour through the film. The storyline is also good. After viewing the film, you know that the monsters are somewhat physical, as they inflict pain on the main character, but they are also a metaphor for the guilt they feel as they have done something deeply bad and wrong. I won't say this, because this is expressed through the twist which I won't ruin as it is truly heartbreaking and unexpected. Now, onto the content. For content the movie would get: 0/10 Sex - None 0/10 Nudity - None 6.5/10 Violence - A man cuts his harm, cuts his hand and a demon inflicts pain on him 4.5/10 Language - 1 f-word 8/10 Themes - Intense, sad and scary 0/10 Drugs - None Overall, a very good movie that I would highly recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it already.
1 person found this helpful.

Scary but educational

The movie is very scary and beautiful at the same time. If you want to watch it with your kid, I'm sure it'd be fine for a mature 13-year-old and up. The scariest scene is near the end and includes a monstrous creature, but I believe a lot of kids could handle that. (light spoilers) In that scene, someone cuts their arm and the creature sticks his hand inside to fish around. You could prompt your child to close their eyes if you think that would be too much for them. It'd be a good idea to talk to them about the themes in the film, especially regarding race and guilt. It's an educational movie, so I would totally recommend it to young teenagers.

Pretty good, but there are better horror movies

Honestly this movie is pretty good overall, my problem with it is that it’s really weird and doesn’t make a lot of sense, like it’s not really exciting, it is kinda slow paced and I just don’t really understand it. It does do a good job of representing black people tho and the terrible things they had to go through. Overall not bad but I guarantee there are better horror movies on Netflix to spend time watching

Good movie, a little slow moving

This movie was touching and I cried at some parts, it includes the story of their journey as refugees which was quite upsetting and emotional. There is some gore in the movie but nothing too bad, I found the movie a bit slow moving and confusing but it was very well done! Worth a watch

Very unique, cryptic horror film that offers up something new to the genre. Absolutely worth the watch although there is quite a bit of gore in the climax of the film.

great movie!!

his house is the best movie on america. the plot is fun, the colors are pretty, and the storyline is not so predictable as other movies watch it every night before bed.

A Stunning, Beautiful, And Terrifying Masterpiece

Let’s just start by saying this movie is a horror movie, so with that being said, expect jump scares, slight violence, and possibly nightmares. I felt like the way this was all put together was just amazing. The story is so sweet, but so dark with secrets, that it easily becomes depressing. SLIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD! VIOLENCE: A pile of bodies are seen, most of the blood being concealed. At the end, a monster starts digging inside the man, fingers being seen moving around from above skin; quite disturbing. A man slits his arm open. Many knife threatens. LANGUAGE: 1-2 uses of bas***d, 2 uses of fu*k, infrequent use of sh*t, infrequent use of other mild language. SEX: None; just the couple kissing. POSITIVE ELEMENTS: The relationship between the married couple is strong enough where the man plans to sacrifice himself the get their “daughter” back. The wife wants him to sacrifice at first but fights back, because of the strong relationship they have. Overall, this movie is just amazing and heartbreaking. I found myself crying unexpectedly, and I think it was just a little confusing, so that’s why I’m giving this a 14+ rating. The language and violence was no problem; it was just the subject matter and how everything came together to create a beautiful, amazing, and confusing piece of artwork. LOVED IT!

scaring

this movie really messed me up. it is incredibly terrifying, and really made me sad.

Interesting take at horror.

I thought this movie was pretty good. nothing extraordinary movie wise, but the idea and plot, was pretty smart. as stated, the movie revolves around two refugees, who get moved into a home in England, which, surprise surprise is possessed by the demons of their past. keeping as spoiler free as i can, there are quite gory or frightening scenes but that is expected from every horror movie. it is nothing extreme or overdone as others might state.