All teen and kid member reviews for Home Alone

Kid, 7 years old April 26, 2011

A good movie with some innapropriate language

This is my favorite movie it's so funny Violence: The booby traps are violent. Language: Ass hell and one use of s--t
Teen, 14 years old Written bybibliophile April 9, 2008

Well...

This was an okay movie, and I gave it a pause because there were about four or five swear words (I'm a real stickler for profanity). Other than that, just about nothing is wrong. Lots, and I mean LOTS of namecalling, including moron, idiot, jerk, and so on. Violence is minimal: some blowtorch action, a man gets serious burns on his head and hands. Some glass in the foot. All is made to be humorous, though. That, and a PlayBoy magazine is shown, but nothing inappropriate.
Kid, 11 years old November 4, 2011

"inappropriate" but well-done

A good classic slapstick comedy movie that makes kids take a hit, since there is some sexual innuendo such as old Playboy magazines, and there is some salty language. A good tween movie if they can take violent, sexual, and potty-mouthed hits.
Teen, 13 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 January 5, 2011

sooo cute!

Although lots of slapstick falls and trips, this is a family-friendly movie with lots of comedy!! Kevin is very resourceful and smart, but that's the only reason I marked role models. There might be some iffy content for anyone under 8.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNory Ryan October 17, 2010

overall pretty good

This is an okay movie good for older kids but definately not younger than seven.
Teen, 14 years old Written byethanct86 January 3, 2016

An engaging, heart-felt annual tradition

“I don't want any family. Families suck!” Producer Mark Levinson said that once in a while, every kid thinks that if they could get rid of their parents and vice versa, life would be great. Chris Columbus’s 1990 hit Christmas film, Home Alone, shapes that wish into a clever tale with the addition of burglars. Left home alone, Kevin, the eight-year old victim of sibling bullying, becomes the man of the deserted household, and like a responsible child, enjoys everything once forbidden by his parents, washes the clothes, shops for milk and dinner, and defends the house, with all the wild resourcefulness a child can muster, against a pair of burglars who are fishing for “Silver Tuna” homes during the holidays. Home Alone is a well-written tale with clever booby traps, comical, lumbering burglars and strong family values. Unfortunately, this film is not completely laudable in both content and quality. Due to Kevin’s deterring, but simple snares, mildly-strong language is steadily and sporadically spouted out by the angry bandits with Kevin rejoining every so often to discourage them. Also, Kevin, his siblings and other family members repeatedly name-call each other near the beginning. A classic for (most) ages, the entertaining plot held me on the edge of my seat, while keeping me laughing and wincing at the asinine sufferings of the bandits. But however well-written the script and storyline was, I downright detested the unpleasant acting, chiefly of Kevin and his family. Although a couple veteran actors made appearances in it, even their performances were particularly rotten. Excepting Joe Pesci’s convincing performance as Harry Lime, the dreadful awkwardness of blank and unemotional neophyte actors constantly diverted my attention away from the themes of the film. I’ve mentioned theme and plot frequently. Written by John Hughes, the characters of the film, though some appear useless to the film’s plot, fit flawlessly into the importance of the film. For instance, Old Man Marley seems to be just another object of dread and fright for Kevin, but throughout the course of the film, we learn the truth about him along with many life-lessons exchanged between them. Although slightly overused by family movies, the positive elements in this film are quite strong and emphasized, significantly engulfing the expletives and violence, hence earning my high content rating. When they discover the loss of their child, Kevin’s mother, Kate (Catherine O’Hara), expresses her remorse and love as she sacrifices all her possessions and sleep while she attempts to return alone to their home in Chicago with caring donors providing transportation for every leg. Scored by John Williams, Home Alone’s memorable “Somewhere in My Memory” yet again illustrates these ideals. While not the best acted or produced Christmas flick, the superb plot, humor, lessons and implications make Home Alone an engaging, heart-felt annual tradition.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIlovemoviesreviews December 8, 2015

Extremely Funny! But not for young kids.

This is my favorite Christmas movie that is so freakin funny! While it's funny not for the whole family. Has to much language used out loud. I know some people think it should be PG-13, but I feel like it should stick to PG. After all PG stands for Parental Guidance right? So I know I how many kids movies these days are PG but that doesn't mean it's appropriate for or made for kids. So if you find your kid watching an inappropriate movie that was rated PG, maybe instead of blaming the MPAA, you have checked less than 1 minute to look at the PG rating to warn you that this movie isn't 100% kid friendly. That's reality parents, just because I film is PG does not mean it's for kids.
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2011

Makes Me Laugh

Harry mumbles some words under his breath that you might be able to hear, but I love this movie for a great family holiday.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJo Blow December 20, 2011

Funny Movie!

Funny movie. Also one of my favorite Christmas films. One use of "s--t", other mild uses of "hell". "ass", and "d-mn"
Kid, 8 years old July 3, 2011

okay movie for okay kids

language. mild language.violence very strong
Kid, 11 years old May 9, 2011

WICKED MOVIE

home alone is sooooo funny and i love the traps that Kevin makes and the only thing that's a bit worrying is the language but overall it's a defenite rcommendation to all
Kid, 11 years old January 23, 2011
The only funny parts were the traps that the kids set up at the end.
Kid, 8 years old December 26, 2010
this is the coolest movie ever!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 September 17, 2010

Funny for kids

Home Alone is kind of funny, but I don't love it as much as I used to. There is sole slapstick violence, but it's a bit realistic (although there is no blood). Kevin uses several household objects (doors, toys) in order to hit the criminals that break into his house. Some people use curse words like, "h*ll" and "d*mn". One thing that I think I should warn you is that Kevin gets away with doing mischevious/dangerous things.
Kid, 8 years old June 21, 2015

Quite brutal, violent flick is fantastic,funny,and entertaining.

My rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of painful violence.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydavstern1500 October 10, 2011

One of the greatest family comedies

Family comedy, great one. In reality, the traps would've caused lots more damage. But hey, it's a kid's movie. For more information, contact me on YouTube - davstern1500
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2011

perfect for family

I love this movie!! it is the best movie to get you into the christmas spirit!!
Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2009

A GREAT FILM FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!!!!!!

This is one of my favorite holiday family films!!!!!!!! It's funny,amusing,and awsome!!!!! But the reason i say it's IFFY for age 8 is because there is strong language and over the top vilonce including a scene that show a man shout another man in FULL display.
Kid, 8 years old August 19, 2016

hilarious,but sometimes violent.

this was a great movie but can be violent including guns creepy movies. And very frequent language.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCamoFanatic123 August 12, 2016