All parent member reviews for Hoodwinked

Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byfierceshopper March 25, 2011

My boys and I loved it from age 6 on up (to 11 and counting).

I think the way CS describes the cheating, violence etc is way off base. I just loved this movie, and my sons did too. They are now 8 & 11, but have seen it a few times over the last several years, so I'd say it's fine for age 5 and up. The writing is smart, funny and quick and we all enjoyed the way the Roshomon-like storytelling comes together at the end. Really clever and fun.
Adult Written byWonderfulTonight September 5, 2009

very clever

Very fun and funny movie!
Adult Written bykcrossley April 9, 2008

Adult Written bycissykay April 9, 2008

Funny twist on a classic fairy tale!

This film explores different perspectives of the same story by showing showing what REALLY happens to each character. My 4 year old was a little scared on some of the more harrowing scenes on our first viewing. This has since become his favorite movie and laughs in all the right places. This film is a great way to look at the concept of perspective and point of view. This kind of reminds me of "The True Story of the Three Little Pigs" by Jon Scieszka and Lane Smith.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 16, 2012

Perfect,but the sequel sucked.

How did this get 2 stars! CSM has a bad taste,it's not even good! This was a funny,action packed,greatly animated movie.The graphics could use a little work though.
Adult Written byJEDI micah May 18, 2012

WHO IS THE BANDIT?!

This movie, despite poor computer graphics, is actually pretty funny and very clever! You get to know the "real" stories behind Red Riding Hood, the Wolf, Granny, and the axman. I think the Wolf and his little squirrel sidekick make the whole movie funny! This is a great movie for kids and even adults too! There is a sequel to this movie, which is very terrible! But if you want to see it for yourself, be my guest!
Parent Written byelliebc April 13, 2012

Love it.

This is a great moving with a great twist. It teaches us not to jump to conclusions, but to listen to the whole story. When you watch it the second time, you see things from a different perspective. This is a great kids movie. My boys have seen it loads of times over the past 3 years and enjoyed it every time. They are 8 & 11 now.
Adult Written by413804 February 4, 2012

Funny

Pretty funny film. Kids will love it
Parent of a 5 and 5 year old Written bymdpack September 30, 2010

Good family fun with catchy songs

There is a lot of mention of coffee, and at the end the squirrel even drinks a whole cup and gets a coffee high. This may be an issue for you if you don't drink coffee in your house or you don't want young kids to think it's cool.
Adult Written bysuziefetter April 9, 2008

Adult Written bykernsmith April 9, 2008

Adult Written byjcarole April 9, 2008

I'll take decaf, thank you very much!

This movie is a hoot - it's not fantastic, but it is fun with good jokes for grown-ups too. And I have always told my daughter she doesn't need the caffine! After this, she believes me! It's dynamite!
Adult Written byTraceyWithAnE April 9, 2008

Poor animation but a good storyline

One reason why I rated this for an older age group was because the story was told from 4 different perspectives. I think my 5 yr old missed a lot of the nuances that came with this type of story telling. When the motive behind the rabbit stealing all the recipes was shown, it was done quite quickly. They revealed that the rabbit was going to make addictive goodies to become rich, but my son understood it as the rabbit was going to make the best tasting goodies. There were a lot of references put in this film, that were directed towards the adults. - The Wolf was actually a play on Chevy Chase's Fletch character, right down to the basketball shirt and similar music when the Wolf appeared. - "Triple G" as a take-off on Vin Diesel as Triple X I liked the story and my son also enjoyed the film. The animation definitely wasn't up to par with Pixar though.
Adult Written bydbk April 9, 2008

Adult Written bybrucevain April 9, 2008

Adult Written byerinhunterfan April 9, 2008

Thank you!!

It's about time I saw a good movie! There hasn't been one that made me laugh that hard since... well... since Shrek! 1! That was a long time ago! And thank heavens it wasn't crude humor like Ice Age2. I've had enough of THAT.
Adult Written byemmys-mom April 9, 2008

Charming!

Animation was lovely & all the characters were unique. I thought it was clever how the stories of 4 people all ended in grannie's house & enjoyed the musical numbers too. The bunny as thief angle was a bit lame, hard to buy into but aside from that, it was a fun flick to watch. My 15 year old loved the singing goat!
Adult Written bythewalkerfamily April 9, 2008

We all enjoyed this film

There is something for everyone with this movie. It is just silly fun. And, it even explains to children how perspective is important with any tale. How you see a common event can be very different from another persons version. A fun, popcorn watching family film.
Adult Written byJjSmihal April 9, 2008

I thought this movie would NEVER end!

I didn't care for this movie at all. It was too repetitious for me. I really looked forward to seeing this, but couldn't wait for it to end. Basically, no one was content with the life (s)he was leading.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Bland. One funny part. The trailer makes it look funnier than it is.

I watched the trailer for this film and couldn't stop laughing. It lied. The actual film has only one funny scene (the singing billygoat). It is bland, predictable, and unsatisfying. Good news: there's nothing to be concerned about for ages over 5. Bad news: you'll hate it. If kids want something to watch quick, get it. If not, well, do without.