All teen and kid member reviews for Hook

Teen, 16 years old Written byPianoForEver December 19, 2010

Good for the whole family!

This movie was one of my favorites growing up. Because it's never too scary I think it's great for younger kids and because it is so funny it's good for older kids too.
Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2011

Good movie

Teen, 13 years old Written bysmile08 June 17, 2012

Hook: I really enjoyed it :)

I thought Hook was a pretty good movie. There isn't any bad language except the dad yells at his kid and it is hurtful. It is a little violent since Hook stabs a boy in the torso and kills him. Other than that it tries to get the message across to Peter Pan that he needs to not be so engrossed in his job and spend time with his kids before they grow up. Kids 9 and up will like it. I enjoyed the satisfying ending, and I believe kids will like yet another twist on the reality of Peter Pan.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 May 9, 2011

Fantastic Twist To Peter Pan!

Like Robin William's Mrs. Doubtfire, this family friendly film portrays Williams as a father. Peter Pan fell in love with Wendy's grandaughter and did not go back to Neverland until Hook kidnaps his kids. Spoilers Some mild language, and Hook kill Rupio the lost boy in one said scene, and he tells Peter that he wishes he had a dad like him before he dies. It's a sad scene and may confuse little ones.
Kid, 10 years old November 30, 2009
Me and my cousins watched this last summer and it was awesome. Even though i don't like the idea of Peter Pan becomeing a lawyer.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow November 4, 2012

A bit disappointing, but still fun

When I saw the poster for this movie, I got hyped. I was like, you got Robin Williams as Peter Pan, Dustin Hoffman as Captain Hook, and Bob Hoskins as Smee? That's the best casting a studio could do with Peter Pan! So I watched it. But when it started, I got very confused. Why is Peter Pan a lawyer? Why does he keep calling himself Peter Banning? So I looked the film up while I was watching, and I found out it's a film SEQUEL to the original Peter Pan story. I had absolutely no idea! I thought the film was just another film adaptation of the story. Does the title "Hook" give any indication of being a sequel? Why not call it "Peter Pan 2" or something like that? I never read the original "Peter Pan" stories, nor did I watch the animated Disney film, so I was very confused at the storyline. Everything seemed garbled and misguided, and there were more than a dozen plotholes. I was seriously staring at the clock half the time. But this film does have some plusses. The art direction and visual effects were strikingly beautiful, and the musical score was jolly and upbeat. But like I said earlier, its best saving grace is the casting. Robin Williams has enormous energy as Peter Pan, Dustin Hoffman is strikingly menacing and humorous as Captain Hook, and Bob Hoskins is deadpan and silly enough to fit the role of Smee. The two child stars were also fun and dedicated, and Maggie Smith is a great Grandma. The only actress I didn't like was Julia Roberts as Tinker Bell; I thought she was just too annoying and steryotypically she acted. But I digress. The plot will probably please fans of the Peter Pan stories, but everyone else will only go for the visuals.
Kid, 12 years old September 15, 2010

luv it!!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old March 19, 2010
One dark pierate who slashes peters hand with tharshing blood nah just kidding just about 8 cm but ultrla violient
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008
I know some people who love Hook but I am not one of them...I found it to be somewhat dull and annoying. The story Peter Pan was already a great fairy tale, so why did Steven Spielberg need to change it? If it isn't broke, don't fix it! I found that the modern changes brought to Hook were irritating. Rufio and the Lost Boys are mostly obnoxious punks. Peter Pan is a lawyer. And Tinkerbell is...Julia Roberts? Hook wasn't a horrible movie but you wouldn't be missing anything if you didn't see it.
Kid, 12 years old August 16, 2015

Some parts along the edge of PG-13, my sisters got scared by it

What parents need to know is that while this film is PG, Hook is best for Pre-Teens. There is one scene of blood ( a streak of blood on Peter's hand, its brief) a death, and a suggested and brief torture scene. Some mild language, like " hell" and " silly ass". My rating: PG for some mildly rough swashbuckling action, mild language, and some elements of intense thematic elements involving a kidnapping, and some scary images.
Kid, 9 years old June 5, 2015

Everybody, say grace.

This movie was truly amazing! Best line: "Oh my, a wall!" It's a horrible shame that Robin Williams died last year. I laughed and cried, and I haven't done that since Lion King. Tink is a positive role model when she helps Peter prepare for his battle. So is Pockets. He believed in Peter when no one else did. Common Sense can do WAAAY better than three stars for this movie!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 18, 2012

It's Okay

Not Steven Speilberg's best, kids will like it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner April 4, 2011

A feel good movie that brings out the love in Peter Pan

Funny, imaginative, and creatively thought-out, Hook tells about what Peter Pan's life is like now. As a buisness man, a successful grown-up, and a bad father. That is, until Captain Hook kidnaps his children and Peter must rejoin "the lost boys" in order to get his kids back from the dastardly pirate. Swears and violence between pirates and kids are potrayed throuout the story. As long as your 10 and up I'd think you'd be responsible enough to see Hook. Even my 5th Grade teacher enjoyed this movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byTwilightgirl137 May 30, 2010

Happy thoughts!

Language is not that much of a problem. The volence is an issue, but that's Peter Pan to you! The Educational part is to always find your happy thoughts!