Parent reviews for Hot Fuzz

Bad Boys meets Shaun of the Dead.

Adult Written bybest picks.org December 3, 2019

Great Movie to violent for younger kids

Hilarious,and clever this movie has just a few to many gory seens for younger kids. A lot of cursing as well.

Adult Written byCool jerkerama June 30, 2019
People need to know that Hot fuzz is not your average comedy. The violence in this film is extremely gory and looks like it came straight out of a Saw film. When it comes to the language I feel that common Sense Media exaggerated it to much the language in this film is definitely not PG-13 but it’s not that bad for a R flick and is not over the top at all. There is no sexual content except a few jokes here and there. And the only mention or time we see alcohol is at the pub that the two main characters go to a lot. Overall Hot fuzz is nowhere near a PG-13 movie but should not be rated 17 and up and maybe should get 15 and up which is what I think it deserves.
Adult Written byLongJohnSilver August 27, 2020

Gory but Comic film for mature kids and teens

The explosive sequel to Shaun of the Dead is one of the most fun movies that you will see for a long time but beware for really strong (comic) violence, strong language and some sexual references. If you're kid is a mature (and I mean mature) 12 year old, let them watch it. However, if your child is 13 or over they shouldn't have too much trouble with this masterpiece from 2007. As for role models, Simon Pegg is a badass cop who gets a lesson from Nick Frost's friendly, action-movie obsessed (you and me both) cop. There's also a lesson in loyalty and friendship. So buy the Blu-Ray, stick it in the player and enjoy.

Adult Written byShrek_boy August 9, 2020

Amazing film. One of my favourites

A stunning film that if your kid is fine with a bit of cursing and blood but if they don’t maybe watch it first and cover they’re eyes when there is blood but this film is absolutely amazing and should be alright for 11+

Parent of a 9-year-old Written byBobby G. July 21, 2020

Hilarious

Violence 7/10. Decapitations, exploding heads, stabbing. All very unrealistic and not to be taken too seriously. Language is pretty strong but not used too heavily.
Adult Written byThatdood. August 9, 2018

D*mn good movie.

Although this movie is listed as a comedy, you really need to pay attention to the 'R' rating. The movie is full of adult humor and there are some very graphic scenes (some of which you should cover your child's eyes for). All-in-all though, the movie is very funny, and if you think your child is mature enough to handle graphic violence, drinking, smoking, and profanity, then this is definitely a movie I would recommend

Adult Written byJack G. January 7, 2018

Great!

I think this movie is great! Yes there is a few graphic deaths and a few suggestive innuendos but it is just so funny! The deaths are gory but they are not seen explicitly and most of it is played for laughs. The language is fairly severe but mainly F words and S words are said. Most deaths include (SPOILERS) decapitations, shootings and fist fights. This film is fine for fifteen and up.

Adult Written byPizza G. May 14, 2017

Action-packed buddy comedy has swearing and gore.

Again, common sense media exaggerates massively. No child I've ever known has waited until they're actually seventeen to watch an R-rated movie, myself included. Even though there's some questionable content, it should be perfectly fine for teenagers.

The main factor to the movie's R-rating (other than the MPAA's notorious one F-word rule) might be the gore. Lots of bloody albeit unrealistic violence--spurting blood, decapitated heads, corpses, a woman stabbed in the neck with garden shears, a man's head crushed by falling stone, etc. The movie ends with a spectacular gunfight, a few grisly injuries. Again, however, take it all with a grain of salt; though there's some gruesome imagery, everything shown is stylized and far from graphic.

Some strong language, but much less than in most other R-rated titles; "f--k," "s--t," and their various permutations are most common along with terms like "pr--k," and "wanker." The word "c--t," is said and shown written. Some obscene hand gestures.

Large amounts of drinking throughout the movie. Several scenes take place in a bar, and dozens of characters drink to excess--including teenagers. A man attempts to drive under influence; crashes into a fountain. Two characters get drunk together. Most of those working in the police department smoke cigarettes.

Overall, Hot Fuzz is a unique action movie with self-aware humor and likable characters. Don't be too deterred by common sense media's rating, which is, at least in my opinion, pretty unfair. There's blood and gore, but none of it looks too real--language is pretty infrequent and, though there's a lot of drinking, as long as your kids are mature enough to understand boundaries and act appropriately they'll be fine.

Nobody was ever hurt by a few swearwords, some drinking and a bit of violence in an action-comedy.

Parent of a 9-year-old Written bygoosefartfan October 10, 2012

I wish I could get the almost 2 hours of my life back.

The first half of this movie is excruciatingly BORING!!
After that, it warms up mildly with some references to horror flicks.
The last half of the movie just plain sucks. There is some mild humor, in the form of parody of action films, but not enough to bring even a faint smile.
I wish I could get the almost 2 hours of my life back.

Adult Written byhiya,i'm n December 6, 2011

classic....... so funny, lots of lang. but something that will stay in your head forever!

i saw it when i was 10, i have to admit it did disturd me quite a lot, but i remember it well as it was ssoooooo funny. there was a lot of language, and my mum regretted letting me watch it but anyone over the age of 12 will be giggling all the way through

Parent Written byPlague December 14, 2009

Hot Fuzz

5 stars for sure. Great action movie with hilarity to match. Some humor may be either confusing, inappropriatre, or both for most parents. But some of this humor is one of the funniest you will ever hear if understood well.

Adult Written bySpotted Drake April 9, 2008

Entertaining!

Who takes their kids to a movie that is rated R anyway? Obviously it's for older people. Some violence, but enough of a storyline and good humor for it to even out. Worth seeing.
Adult Written byJoe Morris April 9, 2008

Not just Hot - Boiling

A hilarious, witty, English murder mystery/American Buddy cop movie. Full of top jokes and homages to everything from slasher flicks to Bad Boys 2!
The action finale is also satisfying and exciting, even moreso than the films it parodies.

The violence is very bloody and over the top - some of it is even funny. There is one scene in particular where I was like 'woah' - it really was unexpected, so don't take too young a kid to see this. The message is fine - team up and fight the bad guys, there is a scene with underaged drinkers but Angel shows them the door - no sex but lots of swears - it IS an R though.
Adult Written byShaunIsKing April 9, 2008

fun

some quick bad words. some very graphic comic violance. seens in pub.
Adult Written byshaunisnotyetdead April 9, 2008
Adult Written byDisneyFan April 9, 2008

So Much Action Fun

My husband and I took our 11 year old son to this last night and we LOVED it! A lot of the really filthy language goes by so fast or goes over kids heads because it isn't something they've heard before. Yes, the violence is graphic, but no worse than the video games that most kids seem to play these days. Plus, in the end, none of the bad guys is really dead, so they all have to pay for their crimes by going to jail. In all reality, you should probably know your child's tolerance for comic-like violence before taking them to this, but it's also a movie where you could cover their eyes during those parts and let them watch the rest of the movie!
Adult Written byParent Reviewer April 9, 2008

GOD!

cant take it--rated R? some violnace near the end all taken comically and like some blood, loads of english bad words nothing bad, like one sex reference...some drinking in a pub, charecters are nice and have good intenions [sort-of]
Parents-No Worries!
Adult Written bybdgoodies April 9, 2008

great film

this movie is awesome! not quite a spoof, not quite a true action film, but more of a well blended mix. there are some disturbing gross gory scenes, the 2 grossest being a rock falling in to someones head point first causing it to explode(all shown happening, not offscreen) and a man falls on a spike which bust through his jaw, and out his mouth(once again, all shown) but he still says, "oww...this really hurts" with it in his mouth. the language is not all that bad. there is practically none until the end.
Adult Written byconcernedmommy April 9, 2008

Hilarious comedy

Great movie which definitely did not deserve its "R" rating. Appropriate for anyone over 13
Adult Written bymdog April 9, 2008

Freakin Funny!!

Watch this man it's so funny. If you've seen Bad Boys and liked you'll think this movie is funny. seriously don't let your 10 year old see this. probably 13 is the cutoff. very violent. a man has a huge ston fall on his head and a women gets stabbed in the neck with a pair of garden shears. they say c**t. yea. great movie. Simon Pegg is great.