Kid reviews for Hot Fuzz

Bad Boys meets Shaun of the Dead.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEdco2010 January 1, 2011

Heres comes the Fuzz

20+ F-words and some graphic death scenes. A few scenes take place at a bar.

Teen, 14 years old Written byT-Rod December 31, 2010

"Still feel like you're missing out?"

There are so many cool and hilarious quotes in this movie I don't know which one to start my review with. "Bring the noise!"? "By the power of Grey Skull!"? Angel: "What's the situation?" Andy Wainwright: "Two blokes and a f*ckload of cutlery!"? "I may not be a man of God, Reverend, but I know right and I know wrong and I have the good grace to know which is which."? "Stop, or the ginger-nut gets it!"? "Sh*t just got real!" *from Bad Boys II*? [Andy takes a swig of beer, leaving a "moustache" of froth on his moustache] Nicholas Angel: "You've got a moustache." DS Andy Wainwright: "...I know."? "My, my...Here come the Fuzz."? ...*sigh*...well, in the the movie's words: "I feel as if I should say something smart..." "You don't have to." ...man how I ramble about pointless crap.....ANYYYWAAYYYYS!!! Hot Fuzz was not what I expected...okay yeah it was. It takes something we've seen a million times before, with a scenario that we've seen a million times before, with surprises that are MEANT to be obvious and after it tells us we're right, after it shows us we had known it all along...we get slapped on the face with the most OUTRAGEOUS reason for the murders EVER! And no that's not a spoiler, bc it shows us the killings and everything. So anyways, the evilness starts out small-then big-then ridiculous at the point where you can't help but break out laughing at the reason these people are getting killed. It, like Shaun of the Dead, is very over-the-top in it's gore, but it feels different. In a Zombie movie it wasn't really THAT over the top, because...well, it's a movie about dead cannibals, practically! It was ALREADY over the top. But here, the killings, though surprisingly few in numbers, can sometimes make you let out a kind of nervous laughter...BUT ANYYWAAAYYYYS!!!!! Man! I need to stop this or I'm never gonna get this done! vIOLENT vEIL: Two people get sliced multiple times with an axe. This is graphic and bloody, Their decapitated heads are later shown, pretty graphically. Their bodies are shown away from the heads. A man is hit on the head with a baton. His bloody corpse is dragged around, again, edited in a way to obscure the events. His burned corpse is later shown laying on the concrete. One man has a church spire tipped on top of him. Upon the forceful impact, his head basically explodes, causing massive amounts of blood and pieces of his head to splatter everywhere. And blood sprays out of the body as he falls to the ground. A woman gets stabbed with a pair of garden shears in the neck and blood spurts and sprays everywhere. A man gets stabbed through his hand and blood sprays.Another trips and falls on a miniature church; the spire impales his lower jaw (blood spurts out). A bear trap falls and closes on a man's head. We don't see it clearly, but we see a little bloody spurt and hear it rather graphically. A plant hanging in a metal case falls on a woman's head. Her head is crushed against a car and a little blood spurts out. Several people are shot and there are long gun fight and fist fight sequences, when people are shot it is bloody and is almost always sprays. Once again I must say, all of the above blood and gore is deliberately over the top and is intended to be funny, but can be too much for the faint of heart...I find it funny, though. nYEH nONSENSE (oR sEXUAL sTUFF): Many passionate kisses are shown between a couple that is having an affair. No sex is shown, on screen or off. But it is mentioned somebody fingered somebody else. Other innuendos such as, "Doris doesn't mind a little man power, do you Doris?" and other non explicit stuff like that. dRUG dANGERS: There are multiple scenes in a pub which feature a lot of social drinking. The majority of the drinkers at the pub are underage; however, a police officer throws them out. Danny tries to drive his car when drunk (after being told specifically not to by a police officer) and nearly crashes into him. Mention of a man selling drugs to children. A man gets so drunk that he pees in the pub and has to be carried home by the police. After going to the pub, a man persuades a police officer to come back to his house for a few more drinks. Several characters smoke. aLL-iN-aLL: Not as good as Shaun of the Dead in morals(or in comedy-MY OPINION!!!! OPINION being the key word.). But just as much of a blast(comedy or not-OPINION!). Hot Fuzz is a really fun time. I just have one last question...HOW DID THE HOOD NOT FALL OFF WHILE THEY WERE RUNNING?! Anyways, this is T-Rod. Don't forget to check out my other reviews and feel free to compliment*he said with a hopeful glint in his eyes*, LATER!

Teen, 13 years old Written byqprluver November 12, 2010
I loved it and rate it highly the film is very funny there are gory bits but quiet rare worst I actully think the worst bit is where you see the remains of the blown up body as it is quiet disgusting but some will say the church roof falling on tim messengers head. Hope this message is for the greater good!

Teen, 13 years old Written bylolfaceman April 30, 2009
best movie ever even tough it is pretty violent

Teen, 17 years old Written byjake W. June 18, 2010

perfect for teens

very very gory and violent

Teen, 17 years old Written byHappilyEverAfter January 12, 2011

Brilliant!

Loved it! If you like British humor (or if you have a sense of humor at all), you'll be sure to fall off the couch laughing during this movie! I really like movies that have elements of humor, seriousness, and horror, and this was definitely that kind of film. The plot was interesting, the characters were great, and the ending left your mouth hanging open. The only thing parents might want to worry about is that there are several, albeit short, moments of gore when certain townspeople are brutally murdered by a "grim-reaper-esque" figure. Also, there is quite a lot of language used (mostly in humor) that parents might have to censor for. All in all, great movie--Now one of my favorites!

Teen, 14 years old Written byNeil13 June 12, 2011

hOt FuZz

Better than Shaun of the Dead, but not as good as Paul. There was quite a lot of violence, mainly funny, but still slightly cringe worthy.

Teen, 13 years old Written byIYAMPHRIENDLY September 18, 2016

Best movie ever

CSM doesn't know what they're talking about. This movie is actually pretty mild with swearing, however there is a few pretty violent parts, nothing that ten year olds can't handle.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGkuehn123 July 14, 2017

Teen, 15 years old Written byThomas Regan August 11, 2015

Goid and bad

This movie is a bit gorey and bloody, but that is overlooked when you see the comedy and how funny the film is.

Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2014

BEST MOVIE OF THE CENTURY!

This is one of my favourite movies of all time! It lets your child know that later in life everything can't just go your way! The movie has many scenes of blood, gore, mutiny and also adult themes! I don't reccomend this for any person who can easily get nervous or scared!

Teen, 14 years old Written byNeed2KnowBoutFilms February 22, 2012

NOT FOR YOUNGER THAN 16!

I got really excited when my mum said i could watch this because i like the police XD. i watched it one all the way through and thought it was a bit groose. Because i sort of liked it i watched it a few more times covering my eyes when bloody bits come along, after watching it a feww more times i realised that it was not for me, it was too bad, i think i started to have nightmares. So that is why i think this should be for age 16 and up. PS: I also cover my eyes when the black hooded character comes along.

Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest August 3, 2011

gory but funny

funny but gory but this movie made the accident are gory into funny they don't mix but it's still funny
Teen, 15 years old Written byShaunOfTheBread September 18, 2016

By far, the best film in the "Cornetto Trilogy."

Hot Fuzz was released in 2007, and follows the story of top London cop Police Constable Nick Angel (Simon Pegg), is so excellent at his job that the police commissioner transfers him out to a supposedly peaceful town in the country because he’s making his fellow officers “look bad.” Out in the rural town of Sandford, Angel befriends police officer Danny Butterman (Nick Frost), who feels that he is missing out on the life of a city cop, and two uncover dark secrets surrounding the village.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytommy18 January 23, 2010

This is meant to be funny?

The violence in it completely takes out the amusement to the stage where i just walked out of the room. The only funny scene was a fat man crashing through a fence. Until they started impaling each other. Stupid rubbish. Going from comedy to gore.

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Bloody brit movie is really, really, really iffy

Hot Fuzz is a great take on the buddy cop movie. It's fun it's great but it's bloody. There are very bloody scenes including impalement in the chin, a spike falling into a man's head and staying there, decapitation and more. The language is fast but it's there and chances are, kids my age would be scared from their pants. This movie is good, incredible violence, and language, but good, parents, 15 or up, please
Kid, 12 years old December 11, 2015

Hot Fuzz

Hot Fuzz is the same in content as shaun of the dead there scenes of strong violence with bloody injury including sight of a man having a pillar shown to crush his skull with aftermath and sight of blood spurts in the aftermath of a stabbing and stronger violence including many shootings with impact shots and blood spurts and sight of characters being bashed with objects a man is also stabbed with a model village church rooftop with bloody injury in aftermath detail as well as sight of a man being stabbed in the hand and a single use of very strong language 'c**t' and many uses of 'f**k' and 'motherf**ker' and 's**t' and milder obscenities including some written uses and mild sexual innuendo and some scary scenes during cult rituals and a references to selling drugs.

Teen, 14 years old Written bysuperlukie17 April 9, 2008
Kid, 11 years old September 21, 2016

excellent

hey this movie is hilarious but also inappropriate the last 30 minutes the main word is f--k a few highly disturbing scenes so dont let the little ones watch even so great film simon pegg and nick frost at there best

Teen, 14 years old Written byrebo344 March 17, 2016

Better than Shaun Of The Dead.

Hot Fuzz is friggin fantastic. I enjoyed this film way more than I expected. The ending, just bravo. The film editing is astounding. Acting's great and the action is awesome. Grade: A+.