Kid reviews for Hot Fuzz

Bad Boys meets Shaun of the Dead.

Wondering if Hot Fuzz is OK for your kids?

Teen, 13 years old Written byCarmine Adrian November 4, 2019

Good film

Fun for all the family
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmileyface June 19, 2015

I LOVE this movie!!! ... 'still feel like your missing out?' cos 'here comes the fuzz'

this movie is AMAZING-- SO so so so so funny..... and I think you should watch it BUT
violence - very comic but kinda gory. if you cant stand gore though I think you should be fine - just look away at the when a guy is about to trip onto a model church
swearing- if you go to secondary school you should be fine
oh and theres underage drinking - but its not bad - very brief and quite funny
I hope ive helped and I hope you enjoy hot fuzz

Teen, 14 years old Written byKRLUKE October 8, 2020

Awesome

An awesome flick with strong language and dark humor.

This movie is really fun to watch and is always a good Saturday action comedy flick.

There are moments of extreme violence, so brutal and gory that it's over the top. Moments like these include a spike impaling through someones neck and into their mouth, all on camera, not very bloody but still very graphic, and an extreme moment of decapitation where a spike falls onto a head and it explodes into a gory mess with flesh and brain and A BUCKET of blood flying everywhere. Again, this is purely comical and doesn't take itself seriously as this is a satire but it is still VERY gruesome, disturbing and gory. Other violence includes fistfights, graphic shooting, stabbing and a peculiar death involving a goose. (NO SPOILERS)

Language definitely suits the r rating with a few uses of f--k, s--t b--ch and also c--t.

Theres some underage drinking in a bar but it stops after a while. Also the main characters go to a bar and get drunk.

As for disturbing scenes the whole theme of the movie is cults and killings, but it's in a light undertone so I'd say kids 12 and up should be able to stomach the comical violence.

But dont let all of that keep you from watching this, it's a brilliant little satire.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBruteTigrex October 5, 2020

One of my favorite comedies of all time! Just be prepared a lot of swearing and a bit of gore

Hot Fuzz is an absolutely hilarious British comedy by Edgar Wright, the same man behind other amazing movies such as Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Shaun of the Dead, and Baby Driver. I would not say this is for a younger crowd thanks to it's abundance swearing and brief but pretty graphic moments

Teen, 14 years old Written byFloatingtable101 September 19, 2020

Great and very funny, but quite violent towards the end of the movie

Violent with lots of language and gore

Teen, 15 years old Written byBiasedPerson September 16, 2020

This film deserves 6/5 stars

This is actually the best film ever made. Incredibly funny. Stunning cinematography. Really fast paced. The character development is so fast, and so clear, and as a writer, this blows me away. And I love how much foreshadowing there is.
Nicholas and Danny's relationship is the best one in fiction. The way it progresses is incredibly clear, and it's so wholesome. I interpret it as romantic, but if you're homophobic like my dad, you don't have to, I guess.
Reasons for the age rating: lots of swearing, but it's rarely nasty, and there's no really bad words; quite a lot of alcohol at one point; violence; gore, but it's largely cartoonish; police.

Kid, 11 years old July 29, 2020

Amazing but gory

I watched this when I was 11 and found it hilarious but there's alot of blood and explosions and swearing but it's extremely funny!

Kid, 12 years old July 22, 2020

when i watch it was awsome especially simon pegg's charter

Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2020

Kind of gory but a fantastic movie

This movie is fine for kids as long as they know all the deaths and blood are fake. There is also a bit of swearing but as long as you know not to actually say those words it is fine for all ages.
Teen, 15 years old Written byia1746 May 14, 2020

The best of the Cornetto trilogy

This movie is really entertaining. Hot Fuzz is a great British movie which is basically Edgar Wright's take on Bad Boys and spoof of the buddy cop genre. It's funny at times along with some very good action and a decent twist. This is the best of the Cornetto trilogy as it is funny, entertaining, and awesome. However, there are some bloody murders and 2 uses of the C-word (one on a swear box, the other spoken during a conversation with our 2 protagonists) and some other swearing besides, so I'd recommend this for 15 and up. Great film.

Teen, 14 years old Written bypeopleparlor May 11, 2020

Absolutely Hilarious, Perfect Amount of Action!

Hot Fuzz is a violent, and hilarious movie with some swearing mixed in as well. The characters are funny and make the movie even better. Fine for teens, and for mature tweens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMr. Mongo May 7, 2020

cartoon deaths

HEAVY amounts of gore but good funny movie overall

Teen, 13 years old Written bybigbuilds April 10, 2020

Shaun of the Dead meets Bad Boys

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are the two iconic duos in this awesome, action packed, thrill-ride of a film. Hot Fuzz is another over the top action movie that doesn't take it self seriously. This film is not holding back on comedy and swearing, with a lot of violence. Hot Fuzz, in my opinion, is not as bad Shaun of the Dead is in violence and gore, but still lives up to expectations on the comedy side of things. I think Hot Fuzz is okay for kids 12 and up.

Kid, 10 years old April 6, 2020

Hot Fuzz Review

Great film, I watched this when I was 9/10 years old. Total comedy. The reason I wrote 13+ was because of the swearing, so much swearing. So probably, any kid who watches films with swearing and are used to hearing it, are fine to watch it. But of coarse, the film is mainly based on the murders. The blood mainly look like tomato ketchup but, if I have to say, the church roof one is probably the worst gore, then, the model toy village spire. Over all, great film to watch but, I got quite bored with it the fifth time we watched it. If there was a moral in this film, it would be never give up and always believe in your self.
COMICAL VIOLENCE
SWEARING

Kid, 10 years old March 8, 2020

GORY!!!!!!!!!

me and my friend could not even watch the whole movie it was so violent ! it was funny then BOOM!someone got cut in half! and it had a cut off head and body parts! IT ALSO HAS A LOT OF SWEARING !!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCEP100 January 11, 2020

Great Film for Teens

This film is an amazing action/comedy film. It has a lot of bad Language and Violence which is why I say that this film is OK for teens. Mature young teens should be able to handle this but make sure that they are fine with this sort of film. This film is extremely funny! Definitely worth watching

Teen, 13 years old Written bybarnybackflip December 2, 2019

GOOD AND FUNNY MOVIE

Very funny movie not sure why it is rated R
Kid, 11 years old October 23, 2019

More horror than Shaun of the dead, but less sex.

A fair bit of swearing( but nothing kids over year 4 won’t hear every day) More horror than Shaun of the dead, but nothing genuinely horrifying. There are positive messages in “I know right and I know wrong, and I have the good grace to know which is which.” Quite a lot of violence, so it depends on the kid.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBubsimodragon October 16, 2019

My favorite movie

Hot fuzz resembles a comic feel of the 2004 horror flick Dawn of the Dead; about your average 29 year old guy who hates his job and has a girlfriend who tries to encourage him to make something better of himself, but has a bad habit of slacking off and hanging out with his average friends. The next morning, a zombie invasion occurs and he begins to gather his friends and family (even his mother and father) and attempts to escape and live for their sake of survival. Despite the comedy tone of this film, there are graphic scenes of zombies attacking, eating, dismembering, disemboweling, and tearing apart human victims in bloody and gory ways. One upsetting scene shows Shawn the agonizing decision to kill his own infected mother by shooting her in the head, and another scene shows of his friend getting attacked from a horde of zombies and is graphically ripped apart and you see his organs, bones and innards splatter everywhere in explicit detail. Language is constant and strong, sometimes combined with very crude and sexual dialogue. Uses of f**k, motherf**ker, sh*t, godd**n, d**k, pr*ck, c**k, c**t, and other variatives. There are some scenes of the characters drinking and smoking in an abandoned pub where they reside from the zombies. However, Hot fuzz contains very witty and good laughs, especially with the common natures of the zombies which will have viewers cringe yet laugh hysterically at the same time! I dearly hope you parents really discuss and re-think before letting your teenagers watch this. =)

Teen, 15 years old Written bysiriusthebeatle October 13, 2019

My favourite film of all time.

It's quite gorey, yes but I really don't think it's that bad at all. I watched it for the first time when I was 14, and it didn't traumatize me or anything lmao. For the most part I wasn't really bother by it. I think mainly the concern for me is whether they would understand the film, because it is quite fast paced. Regardless, it is a brilliant film, and Edgar Wright did incredible with the directing, and Wright and Simon Pegg were geniuses when it comes to the writing.