Kid reviews for Hot Fuzz

Bad Boys meets Shaun of the Dead.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCarmine Adrian November 4, 2019

Good film

Fun for all the family
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmileyface June 19, 2015

I LOVE this movie!!! ... 'still feel like your missing out?' cos 'here comes the fuzz'

this movie is AMAZING-- SO so so so so funny..... and I think you should watch it BUT
violence - very comic but kinda gory. if you cant stand gore though I think you should be fine - just look away at the when a guy is about to trip onto a model church
swearing- if you go to secondary school you should be fine
oh and theres underage drinking - but its not bad - very brief and quite funny
I hope ive helped and I hope you enjoy hot fuzz

Teen, 13 years old Written byFilm lover 44 July 31, 2021

Over age rated

It’s a really good film but the age rating is a bit high there is a bit of gore but it’s funny not that bad that’s my opinion

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheFilmPsycho June 18, 2021

Hilarious!

I love Edgar Wright’s style and this film makes me laugh so much every time. Quite violent but teens should be fine with this.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythatonespymain May 12, 2021

Great film, bit of gore

i love this film to death, its probably the most overrated cornetto trilogy film but i can kinda see why. for some reason americans are not to good with swearing and i don't see why, but there is alot of it. also americans arent fine with pubs which i find really weird but ok there are alot of pubs. there are some absolute gory moments though, but its not saw trap level as some one from the adults side would lead you to believe. again its not to bad, just make sure your kid is fine with a bit of gore. i'll give this an A.
Teen, 13 years old Written byExze_07 May 3, 2021

Great movie, lots of violence

This movie is one of the best cop movies out there. The action is perfectly combined with mystery and humor. there is a lot of violence though, as a 13 year old who has watched this movie recently it all depends on if you are mature to see some substantial amount of blood.
overall this movie is good and anyone over the age of maybe 12 or 13 should definitely gives this a watch

Teen, 15 years old Written bycostco pizza May 2, 2021

HILARIOUS MUST WATCH

this movie is absolutely gut bursting funny with awesome action scenes. there is a lot of cartoonish violence and gore but most of it looks pretty fake. there’s a pretty graphic head-smashing scene but it’s fairly quick and you can have your kids cover their eyes. there’s lots of language but most of it is used in funny moments and not really used in offensive or crude ways. the violence is quite striking but a 13 year old that’s already into this kind of film or action movies can handle it fine. this probably isn’t a great intro to action movies for younger kids, though (mainly because it’s so good and others don’t live up to it). there’s drinking and some smoking but not very excessive and there really isn’t any sexual content at all, except for a quick use of the word “f*ngering” and talks of an affair. overall, this movie is absolutely fantastic and the characters and editing are great!!! great for an older family!

Teen, 14 years old Written byFonderRonder April 24, 2021

great

It’s a great movie. Very funny and good storyline as well. The only problem for younger viewers is the violence and language.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybo17 April 18, 2021

not for the faint of heart

a mature 13 year old can handle this, some bad language like f—k and a few instances of c—t. the violence is EXTREMELY graphic and sometimes unnecessary, it’s very stylized and unrealistic with excessive amount of blood and gore.

Teen, 13 years old Written byFreshyboi March 29, 2021

Kind of gory but a nothing teens can't handle.

In general, this is a good movie. There are some violent scenes but honestly, kids are growing up. Its a good story. It is also funny with some swearing and violence blah, blah, blah. It's sort of like shawn of the dead, but unlike shawn of the dead, I was able to stay awake through this movie. Shaun of the dead is not that good. The story of this film is that a brilliant cop in london is transferred to a small village which won the village of the year award and the safest village award a million times but they only won it because they never pressed charges on people who stole or killed. Sgt. Nicholas Angel was witnesses a lot of gory "accidents" and finds out the truth about this so-called "perfect village". All in all I thought that it could have been better, but was still a good film.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheT1000 March 23, 2021

Hilarious and amazing. A bit much for younger kids though.

This film is hilarious from start to finish. The dialogue is really clever and the jokes are often repeated making them even funnier. It is like bad boys mixed with point break and Shaun of the dead to make an action, comedy, slasher movie. The film is a bit too gory for younger kids and the film would probably scare them due to its slasher elements. The movie is non stop fun, action, comedy and a great buddy cop movie!
Violence: 4/5. There are stabbings, decapitations, in one scene, the tip is a church falls into a mans head. At the end a man falls onto a miniature church which goes through his chin. The film has a shooting as it’s third act.
Language: 4/5. Frequent F*ck and Sh*t.
Sexual content: 2/5. Olivia Coleman’s character makes frequent sexual jokes.
Overall score: 5/5. Hilarious, graphic, action packed.
My rating: 14+ for strong comical bloody violence and strong language.
Watch this movie. Possibly Edgar Wrights best!
Teen, 14 years old Written byDanielTRhodes February 23, 2021

A genuinely funny movie

I watched this movie when I was 12 and other than excessive use of the F word, the movie is not rude. The high rating comes from the over the top and overall comedic violence that is constant through the film. Make sure your kid is not too worried by things like this and they should be fine.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTobiasgatfield February 10, 2021

Very funny but extremely bloody.

It's just perfect. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It is just pitch perfect, a work of art created by three geniuses (Nick Frost, Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright). There is a lot of blood though so be warned.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCommonsense1010 February 9, 2021

Gory !!!

I love this film but it's extremely gory and violent but very funny and I would recommend it to mature 12 year olds and up. I Say too much violence. But it depends on the person, personally I think the violence might be to much for many kids under 13 as there is a lot of blood and extremely graphic scenes.

Kid, 10 years old January 9, 2021

Funny but scary

I watched this last year and i had night meres because i mean i watched it half 9 at night but the only thing bad about it is the swearing, if your child knows it's bad and won't say them then it's fine and the violence is for comedic purposes so it's not that bat

Kid, 10 years old December 23, 2020

Good film

I find it more appropriate for children then shaun of the dead, less blood and gore.

Kid, 10 years old December 16, 2020

Hot fuzz

I love it

Teen, 13 years old Written byHugEcc November 9, 2020

Good but really violent at some parts

Has swearing and quite a lot of violence and brutal death but its really funny though
Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2020

Doesn’t live up to Shaun of the Dead

Hot Fuzz is a good film about a Highly skilled Police “officer” (Reference) who is sent to Small village in Scotland by his bosses to get a Change of scene. Soon after his arrival, a bunch of gruesome murders start taking place, and it is up to him and his friend to stop them.
The film has loads of strong graphic violence like heads being hacked off by a scythe, a burnt and boiled body shown, a large sharp pyramid dropped into a mans head spraying blood everywhere, someone being stabbed with shears in the neck, lots of people shot and a man gets a bear trap clamped around his neck.
There are a few sex references about fingering and there are frequent uses of strong swear words.
Overall I would say that this is an extremely violent film with not as much comedy as Shaun of the dead.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKRLUKE October 8, 2020

Awesome

An awesome flick with strong language and dark humor.

This movie is really fun to watch and is always a good Saturday action comedy flick.

There are moments of extreme violence, so brutal and gory that it's over the top. Moments like these include a spike impaling through someones neck and into their mouth, all on camera, not very bloody but still very graphic, and an extreme moment of decapitation where a spike falls onto a head and it explodes into a gory mess with flesh and brain and A BUCKET of blood flying everywhere. Again, this is purely comical and doesn't take itself seriously as this is a satire but it is still VERY gruesome, disturbing and gory. Other violence includes fistfights, graphic shooting, stabbing and a peculiar death involving a goose. (NO SPOILERS)

Language definitely suits the r rating with a few uses of f--k, s--t b--ch and also c--t.

Theres some underage drinking in a bar but it stops after a while. Also the main characters go to a bar and get drunk.

As for disturbing scenes the whole theme of the movie is cults and killings, but it's in a light undertone so I'd say kids 12 and up should be able to stomach the comical violence.

But dont let all of that keep you from watching this, it's a brilliant little satire.