Kid reviews for Hotel Rwanda

Hotel Rwanda Poster Image

Most teens should be able to handle it.

Its violent not over the top but still pretty hard stuff for pg 13. There's brief sexual content but its not that bad theres also swearing but nothing most kids haven't heard or said. Overall great movie.

Excellent movie gives insight into genocide for teens, though intense

I had to watch this movie for school, and I was shocked with all of the violence and intensity in such a PG-13 movie. Throat slittings, countless dead bodies, shootings, the violence goes on and on, though much of it is off camera. There are uses of the n-word, f-word, s-word, and other minor swears, just enough to slip out of the R-category and into the PG-13 one. The movie features Paul, a loving, caring man who does anything to save his family from the gruesome ethnic cleansing. There is a good bit of drinking, but not too much -- as Paul owns a hotel and drinks casually in conversation with others. The movie gave me an incredible insight into how genocide works, and is a good started for kids who are starting to learn about genocide and war, rather tan watch other, R-rated movies. Highly recommended.

This movie is awesome

This movie is great it is about this guy during his country is in civil war between two types of people and that the guy tries to help the kind his country does not like safe.

good but not for the sensitive

i was shown this at school and was horrified sensitive people will do what I did and could not watch but I do think children at one point watch it

Awesome, powerful movie!

Great movie but emotionally provoking. It will make you cry inspite of no main characters dying. It is a bit graphic but if your kid is mature then watch it. Even for teens I would suggest parents watch it with them. A very poignant movie and awesome cinematography. Great acting and awesome point!

Hotel Rwanda was an amazing movie that really made you think about each countries role in the genocide. There are some awful things and messages in there, but without them in it, the story would be false. However I do disagree with there being no positive messages. I think that Paul and his family set an amazing example and some of the other characters in the movie did what they had to, it's the nature of what was going on at the time. No on can expect anyone to be perfect when they're in the middle of a genocide. I think it is a very important movie to help understand some real world issues, and even things that are going on today. Though the movie is incredibly disturbing, it is an important watch as long as the people watching it are mature enough to take it.

Excellent, but frightening content to be examined.

"Hotel Rwanda" was definitely on my top 10. However, parents need to decide whether the content is appropriate for their children. Paul Rusesabagina is a very positive role model who saves 1200 people unintentionally placed in his care to escape genocide. There is a scene where a few nude (or nearly nude) women are described as prostitutes, though nothing is seen. There is one use of the "f" word, and a few uses of s***. Several men drink alcohol. The most important aspect that parents need to pay attention to, though, is violence. There are several scenes where corpses cover the ground, several where armed men shoot guns into the air and at people, and one particularly alarming scene where men use machetes to kill others. I believe that this is a movie that must be seen by all people in their lifetimes. As shocking and frightening as the events are, it raises necessary awareness and helps us to realize the terrors of the world that the media is not willing to display and that millions have sat idly by and watched without any course of action. We need to be educated on these terrible events to prevent them in the future.

Hotel Rwanda=Very Good

I know, the movie has violence, foul language and smoking advertisements. But, it is a very good movie about a real event. I believe every 12 year-old should watch this.

VERY WELL DONE MOVIE!!! THUMBS UP!!!

This movie gives you a taste of what it was like when the man, Rwanda, tries to save many lives from death! When I watch the movie I just couldn't believe on how much courage this man had. I give TWO THUMBS UP FOR THIS MOVIE FOR 14+! It does have some gruesome scenes that were a bit disturbing.

Tweens and up will enjoy this amazing story

Good, gripping, and filled with positive messages "Hotel Rwanda" delviers these and more from start to finish. The Violence is not that bad in my opinion, but it is mainly used against innocents by cruel soliders or rebels. With the exception of one scene were a man stumbles across a filed filled with the dead bodies of innocents the violence is not that graphic. Language can get a little rough including one use of the F-word and several others sprinkled in. Still all the good messages are what carry this intense movie all the way to the end credits.