All teen and kid member reviews for House at the End of the Street

Teen, 14 years old Written byprincesslily September 27, 2012

house at the end of the street

the trailer looked good but the movie turned out to be slow dumb and not as good as we were told. i would not recommend it
Teen, 14 years old Written byConor Coyle September 23, 2012

Fantastic Thriller!!!!!!!

I watched this last night and I have to say it was fantastic, the twist was mind blowing and so gripping. The whole movie was brilliant so I don't know why it's getting bad reviews, they probably didn't understand it and then gave a bad review. Fans of Jennifer Lawrence, Hunger Games and Thrillers will love this!
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 January 12, 2013

Stupid, messy, sometimes laughably bad thriller has some thrills and unexpected twists but in the end is a bland, forgettable mess

Teen, 13 years old Written bymoneymandodo December 7, 2012

House at the end of the street sucks

The trailer was good, but the movie itself sucked. It was too slow, stupid and more of a drama than a horror. It did have story, but 3/4 of the movie was "when is this gonna get any good?". Don't take kids, if you even waste 1 1/2 hours of your time and $7+food. I shouldn't have taken my 7 year old sister, aside with language such as a--hole and d--k, it had lots of stabbing, shooting and neck snapping, without bloob though. It's a stupid movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhockeyguy September 21, 2012

it's ok, i guess

Scary and not that good. 15 and up
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieReview17 March 18, 2014

Not for kids that get scared easily

Teen, 13 years old Written bytate56 January 18, 2013

Horrible, don't bother buying

The movie was horrible, the plot sucked
Teen, 13 years old Written bymariie99 November 6, 2012

Good movie

It says it will disappoint Hunger Games fans. I'm a HUGE fan of THG and I really loved this movie. It's obviously not as good as hunger games but, It wasn't that bad. This movie seems to be getting bad reviews but, it's actually pretty good. If you're thinking of watching it just give it a shot.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySumBO September 30, 2012

Great Movie.

This horror flick with Jennifer Lawrence and Max Theriot is a must see. Really good storyline with a surprising ending. As far as violence goes it does have some but it's not bloody/gory. It has one scene where a Mother & Father do drugs while there kids play outside but it's rated PG 13 for a reason. Some kids get drunk at a party but it's a brief scene. In one scene Jennifer & Max kiss but they are interrupted and so the scene is brief. Language isn't bad. I recommend it for kids 12 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBooks rule September 23, 2012

Not what I was expecting

I was expecting this movie to be really scary, but it was just suspenseful. There is a huge twist at the end that I didn't expect at all. Overall a decent movie just not for kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHorrorMovieFanatic February 6, 2016

Jennifer Lawrence Thriller Movie! For Teens And Up!

The house at the end of the street is a gory/bloody movie which should only be seen by teens 14 and up. Don't get fooled by the fact that because Jennifer Lawrence is in this film. SPOILERS!! There is very little blood, however several characters die and dead bodies are shown. Jennifer Lawrence who in the film is Elissa moves into a brand new house with her mom Sarah. Elissa soon meets this guy named Ryan. In the prologue, Ryan's sister kills both her mom and dad but there is no blood shown. People gang up on Ryan and beat him up, kicking and punching him. Characters are shot and stabbed, and necks and legs are broken. At the end of the movie, Ryan kidnaps Elissa and puts her in the back of his car, where a dead girl is shown. The teen heroine makes out with Ryan and they later move to a more comfortable location, presumable to take things a step further. They kiss some more but are interrupted before anything else happens. At a pool party, a boy tries to seduce a girl saying "horny" but she pushes him back and says "no". Language is fairly infrequent but does include a few uses of words like sh*t, a**hole, d*ck, b*tch, damn, sl*t and piss as well as God damn and Jesus Christ. In a flashback, a girl smokes what appears to be crack. Although drinking isn't shown, one girl is supposed to be drunk, passed out on a bed and is later throwing up in a bathroom. Elissa's mom drinks to much wine resulting in awkwardness and fighting. This film was just disappointing and I personally did not find it to be scary. Grade: C-
Teen, 16 years old Written byTV man 13245768 October 17, 2015

NOT A GOOD MOVIE

I am in love with scary movies, but this was a disappointment. The trailer looked amazing but the movie was not. It is about a girl who moves into a new house with her mom.They live next door to were a murder happened. There was some scary scenes, but they would not make you jump out of your seat. There is stabbings shootings and at one part you see a dead body. The boy that the girl falls in love with turns out to be a psychopath killer. He stabs a police officer and it does show him dead on the floor. You should not worry about the sex. There is only one part where they are making out on a couch but that gets interrupted by a mysterious sound. The language is not that bad. You hear the word asshole and bitch. They do not say it often. There is no drinking or drugs or smoking.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHgjunkie November 9, 2014

Iffy, but good.

It involves iffy situations such as drunk sex and drugs, but nothing major. It is about a girl who gets kidnapped after the kidnapper had accidentally killed his other hostage. This makes it sound bad, but it is better than most other movies. Language is very limited, but it WILL frighten young kids. I watched it with my mom and it made her jump a little. As a teen I found it very enjoyable, but would not recommend it to young kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy September 27, 2014

It was entertaining

House at the end of the street is not really that scary. I mean, if your expecting some terrifying movie, this one really isnt that terrifying. The language is infrequent, but b-tch and a-shole and sl-t are heard. The sexual is a bit suggestive, with one character trying to convince another to have sex, she doesn't but still, and a scene where a woman asks for sex or something like that. Also plenty of cleavage, but hey it's supposed to attract teens so what can you expect. The violence isn't bad at all, but some violent scenes. Probably best for 13 and up
Teen, 13 years old Written byDaesha July 18, 2014
It was a great movie! It didn't cuss a lot at all and it barely showed blood. It's definitely not for young kids due to the fact that it is very suspenseful and pretty violent at times. There's no sex, but there is some make-out scenes. The make-out scenes definitely aren't too bad though. It also does teach the lesson that you should trust your parents and listen to them. Great movie! I loved it!
Kid, 11 years old June 25, 2014

Intriguing, Surprising Thriller, Parents be Cautious...didn't disappoint me!

I am a huge fan of Jennifer Lawrence. I have seen her in both "The Hunger Games" and "Catching Fire." Common Sense Media claims it would disappoint Hunger Games fans, but it actually didn't for me and a group of friends. I assume that one person wrote the Common Sense Media review, and they thought it was dumb. First off, I thought this was better than the book, which is something I usually wouldn't dare to say. But it is true. Parents, there is a twist in this movie that may seem very scary and confusing. First off, a movie like this obviously will have violence. It is basically implied since this movie is a thriller. But, are you aware of what kind of violence this movie exposes children to? The movie opens with a prologue. You see a little girl--Carrie Ann--slaughter her parents in the middle of the night with a hammer. Ryan snaps a girl's neck and murders another. You also see him attackdd when Ryan enters a room. Later in the movie, Ryan is beat up and is car is destroyed because the children believe he is mentally sick. Towards the end, you learn the twist. You discover that Ryan kidnapped girls and forced them to be Carrie Ann. That's why one ran away holding a knife. Ryan knocks out Elissa, and holds her captive. He stabs a police officer. He stabs Elissa's mom, but she lives. Elissa shoots Ryan. She tries to grab the keys to escape the home when she thinks he is dead, but he was faking and attacked her. Elissa ended up escaping with her mother. People throw burning objects into Ryan's home. There really isn't gore. Role Models? Due to her challenged years as a teenager, after moving to their new home, Elissa's mother tries to look out for Elissa, protecting her from an early pregnancy and safe life. Elissa and the police officer find the good qualities in Ryan. Unfortunately, that didn't turn out that well. But the officer defends Ryan and Elissa doesn't see him as a psychopath. Sex? This was not very bad. Elissa says her mom was a slut during high school. An early pregnancy is mentioned. At a party, a boy tries to rape Elissa. He says he is horny, that Elissa is pretty, pushes her down, and begins kissing her neck. It ends there. Ryan and Elissa have an intense make-out scene and she straddles him. Language? I recall a b*tch. Slut is also said. I don't remember any other swears. Consumerism? You do see some logos. Drinking? Elissa's mother drinks. This is a great movie and a must see!
Teen, 13 years old Written byRicky_J_03 June 17, 2014

Awesome!

The movie isn't that bad with scariness, and everyone says its bad when it really isn't! I think this movie was pretty good!
Kid, 12 years old April 14, 2014

Come on, it's not bad!

I love this movie. But it's very intense and violent but not gory.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycgrace304 March 23, 2014
LEARNING

Not what I was expecting

This movie should not be 1 star. It was great and deserves AT LEAST 3 stars if not more. I was very scared but i was only 11 when I watched it but I am not easily scared. The plot twist was GREAT and It was just a really suspenseful thriller and not nessesarily a horror movie. It will teach you to listen to your parents and that people are not always as they seem.
Kid, 12 years old January 17, 2014

Reasonable

My parents were quite hesitant to let me watch this but is was fine. Only the tiniest bit scary an a a little violence but it was reasonable movie and I think it is ok for 12up.