Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for I Feel Pretty

Fun but uneven comedy tackles self-esteem; some racy bits.

Adult Written byYila A. April 16, 2018

Excellent movie

I watched the screening tonight and I really loved it. It is a comedy and i do believe the trailer does not really tell the great story of the movie. It tells what matter most with your life is what you have in your head. You can turn the direction as you wish. It tells a bit of marketing strategy, power of public speaking skills. For sure I will watch it again and buy the CD later on as well.

Parent of a 14 year old Written byHddesdemona April 26, 2018

Funny movie

Went with my 21 yr old daughter to see this. It was a cute movie about self esteem and trying to be someone else. I laughed through most of the movie. I would recommend this movie for older teens and not for young kids as this movie has a lot of talk about sex and has a scene where the main character Renee is shown in bed on top of her partner, although there is no nudity, the sexual innuendo with position is definitely there. Although I was with my 21 yr old daughter, I did not see that coming on a pg 13 movie.

Adult Written byCinefile97 May 3, 2018

I Feel Pretty... It's Witty and Most Certainly Bright!

When the trailer for this film debuted, an enormous wave of backlash ensued: "Seriously, you have to obtain a massive blow to the head to see yourself as beautiful?" In numerous interviews leading up to the film's release, star Amy Schumer answered her haters with a resounding, "Yes." However, where so many people have come to trash Schumer and everything she associates herself with, the trailer for I Feel Pretty actually caught my attention. Sure, I could certainly see where the story could go wrong. But knowing Schumer's stance on body-positivity and female empowerment, I knew there had to be something more than what the trailers led on. Well, turns out my speculation was correct. I Feel Pretty is not only far more clever than one might suspect at first-glance, but what's more, far more heart-warming as well. To say this film didn't strike a cord with me on a very personal level, would be a lie. As someone who admittedly struggles with insecurity and low self-esteem, this film has almost become an anthem of sorts for me. Sending up the formulas of transformation comedies such as Big, 17 Again, and 13 Going on 30, I Feel Pretty shows us exactly what it's tagline promises, "Change everything, without changing anything," as where the leading protagonists of the aforementioned films legitimately experience some magical transformation, Schumer's Renee, following a freak accident during a soul cycle class, only perceives she experienced such a change. Thus, where the heroes of Big and 13 Going on 30 need the magic to change their lives, I Feel Pretty's Renee doesn't. Through her journey, we come to see how radically our lives can change if we acknowledged our external and internal beauty as we are, and as such, moved forward in life with total self-confidence. Maybe you're still on the fence. Maybe you're stubbornly remaining on the other side entirely. Fair enough. If you don't like Amy Schumer, then chances are you might not like this movie. But, I'll tell you now, this film is far more emotional and relatable than any of Schumer's previous cinematic outings. Consequently, in my opinion, I Feel Pretty is truly one of the unexpected delights of the Spring movie season. From the perceptive script, to the hilarious and entertaining performances of the entire cast (Michelle Williams is definitely a scene-stealer!), to the uplifting, feel-good message, this film is loads of fun. Heck, I've already seen it twice in the course of a week, and I'm most assuredly going to see it again!

Parent of a 6, 7, 11, 13, and 15 year old Written byR Ty W. April 22, 2018

Unnecessary scenes

Very funny and great message about self confidence. Unnecessary nudity

Adult Written byTherisa L. April 24, 2018

Except Little and Receive More

With all the ho hum ratings I went just for the popcorn but laughed almost the whole time!
Adult Written byMitch 18 July 15, 2018

Bad movie

Not Amy’s best movie. Not a good movie at all.

Adult Written byStephanie M. May 11, 2018

I Feel Pretty was very good!

The movie was very funny and actually had a good message about self-confidence. Love yourself for who you are! There was a sex scene but minimal and I am offended easily. It was refreshing that they did not need to be vulgar in this movie.

Parent Written byElla D. May 1, 2018

Adult Written byCarrot T. May 5, 2018

Its great

its a bit rude though i would say 11 and up or 12 and up

Adult Written byJ P. May 31, 2018

Interesting and reasonably funny

There are enough laughs to fill its running time. Amy Schumer is a talented comedic actress and there are scenes where she gets to show this; I also liked Michelle Williams' performance. Even when the humour falls flat, there was something to appreciate in its exploration of the themes of self-esteem and body confidence. It's interesting that it more often works to the character's favour than causes humiliation.

Adult Written byJenn D. May 13, 2018

Fun movie!

Great movie to watch with your girlfriends! I love loved Amy and Michelle in the movie! ❤️❤️❤️

Adult Written byMatt M. April 24, 2018

SJW cringe fest

yeah don;t bother exercising and getting healthy to you know, prevent diseases linked to obesity, just be happy with who you are and don't even bother making yourself better. thats what I get from this movie. if you cared about yourself you would work out you would exercise, and you would do things to better your life. the only good part of this movie is the beginning where she is bettering herself, up until she "bumps her head" and then she becomes the worst part of human beings imo
Adult Written byRoxanneole January 4, 2019

Very funny!

I read the reviews on here to see if it was appropriate to watch with my 14 year old daughter. We forwarded past the brief sex scene. Other than that, we laughed all the way through the movie and had a great conversation afterward!

Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written byneora December 20, 2018

funny with fab message

I loved this movie. Wish they'd skip the sex scene though because that it was makes it inappropriate for tweens in my opinion, and its a real shame.

Adult Written byHey its A February 4, 2019

This ain't it sis.

This is would've been better with Rebel willson. Amy just ruins it for me.
Adult Written bySally W. November 9, 2018

Funny and Smart

Phenomenal message - You will laugh and cry - Often in the same scene.

Adult Written byDisney32135 September 29, 2018

Fun Movie

I watched this while traveling overseas and it was a fun movie with a great message. Amy Schumer is so funny!

Adult Written byKdox August 25, 2018

Great movie, watch despite rating

This movie hits home. It is one of those films thay has stuck with me through tough times of low self esteem. The critics may say it missed it's mark, however in my opinion it absolutely did not. Props to Amy Schumer, in my opinion this is her best work yet!
Adult Written byXlodes August 4, 2018

Fun, relaxing movie

This movie is great. Fun comedy to remind us what really matters is on the inside not outside. Great pointers on how important the actual confidence is! Apparently, there was a backlash against this movie, which clearly isn’t necessary - it is a comedy, and it is great.