Kid reviews for I Feel Pretty

Fun but uneven comedy tackles self-esteem; some racy bits.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySienna.Gracee April 20, 2018

Inspiring and Funny

This movie is for all people man or woman! It is inspiring and gives a great message about self confidence and being yourself! It was very enjoyable and funny. It went on for a while (110 minutes) but every second was worth it and not one moment was boring. I must mention that it has some swearing and inappropriate references including a sexual scene but i feel the amount of it should definitely not stop you from taking decent aged kids to go see it as it really is inspiring!

Teen, 13 years old Written byawtts April 23, 2018

If you are mature it's fine

The movie had a good sense of humor, and a good message. It had some nudity, but it wasn't very bad. If you are mature as thirteen, or a mature twelve year old then you should be fine. Overall you should be fine if you are responsible and your parents trust you seeing slight nudity.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMy_Teen_Perspective April 20, 2018

Great

Not that inappropriate, there is alcohol and sex and small amounts of violence but I do not think that is a problem due to the fact because of the current society.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymotlynnlatdrik11 April 20, 2018

Too much don't even try watching but lesson that comes in head is don't take what others say about you because you are beautiful the way you are and you will always be beautiful. Don't let other judge you for who you are...

Teen, 13 years old Written byhgast May 8, 2018

AMAZING

It is halarious. Had a good story plot and was very fun to watch.

Teen, 14 years old Written byautumns0304 May 14, 2018

A good movie for teens!!

this movie is very good. It does have some language thats why i think it should be for 13 and up. other than that its great!

Teen, 13 years old Written byChrysanthemum17 May 5, 2018
This was a good movie about being confident and true to yourself. The beginning was very funny but it started getting slow and a little boring towards the end.

Teen, 17 years old Written byPipeCine May 30, 2018

A weakly directed stroke of genius

Intentions are not enough. Those of writer-directors Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein and American stand-up comedian Amy Schumer could be potable, also very strategic, but their newest mainstream comedy "I Feel Pretty" moves through so many common places and ways of the genre by addressing its teaching purposes that it ends up revolving in circles, getting stuck and losing any minimal apex of transforming effect or connection with the audience. Golden Globe-nominated Amy Schumer commenced in the world of cinema with preferably American comedy TV series that served her as a leisurely catapult to fame, a huge recognition called "Saturday Night Live." Some years later, her best role came to life, a character that illuminated her career again, this time away from the small screen, it was her third incursion in Hollywood film, a big one. Many recognize her either by the magnificent and sincere rom-com directed by Judd Apatow and written by the same actress "Trainwreck —" a flick that brought to the forefront the potential and suggestive inventiveness of this girl from Manhattan for comedy writing, — or by the cold, ineffable professional decline with films as Jonathan Levine's "Snatched" or slammed stand-up specials as "Amy Schumer: The Leather Special" for the streaming service Netflix. At this point, many agree that the meteoric deterioration corresponds to an incorrect selection of audiovisual projects, as the actress/scriptwriter knows how to shine by means of truly personal roles and ideas, with which she can relate and understand. For this reason, it was thought that her latest movie, even written by two other screenwriters, would be the perfect alibi to return to the public to utter an important and personalized message about self-assurance, female empowerment and body acceptance by a film enough clever and wittily different to defend that a funny and capable female cast can pull movies off with social and moral purpose; disappointingly, this is an exception. Schumer imbues Renee with the malice, affability and magnetism necessary to weave a solid link between the story, the character and the audience, leading to this mini-universe get a light code of congruence, that is, the characters and their actions aren't foreign or inserted thanks to, besides the ever-correct comedy queen, the "different" background of male leading role portrayed by actor Rory Scovel, as well as the supporting cast that provides almost acceptable performances, especially Michelle Williams, What are you doing there? The big problem doesn't lie in the actors, resides in a much more perverse place: the script. The starting point for the film is more than suggestive, even a little advantageous considering the heated gender panorama today in the industry, though, without an excessively deep analysis, it's concluded that this was the reason that motivated mostly STX Entertainment and the two production companies to set up, as quickly as possible, a film of such caliber with a lady of broad social influence on the front page, since her beginnings as an actress, she's been a fervent defender for women's rights, reflecting her thoughts in most of the roles she creates, where the girl must find who she's and what makes her special. The screenplay, written by the same directors who can show off an almost-laudable experience in the romantic-comedy genre, is satisfied to present the points required to run a surprisingly overlong typical rom-com, however, it's appreciable that the story does its best to not get stuck in the midst of such a genre, because of, from the opening scene, its main motive is to clarify the dilemma and, therefore, the confusing message on acceptance that bombards valuable criticism to "beauty" companies. Trying to deal with the unstoppable clichés cascade, the film throws away big opportunities, used as unexciting expositions while eventually, approximately in the endless third act, the situation worsens as it's perceptible how the screenwriters strive to give a clear, accurate and supposedly bold resolution to the leitmotif, speeches and motivational talks with too many women in the crowd are no longer enough for a real impact. There's a weak pathos and, bluntly, the essence of the film is so distorted and stretched that the powerful debate that could have provoked vanishes into the hot and fun matinee air. It becomes excessively long and narratively slow because the writers choose to wrap up any minimal poorly developed sub-plot — Yes, we speak to you Emily Ratajkowski and Michelle Williams, — a harmful and unsubstantiated decision. It'd not be an Amy Schumer film without her characteristic visual gags, which, by the way, have a hilarious scope, however, the true comicalness is in the premise itself, the thruster of the story is so inherently comical that thousands of better-exploited situations would have reacted if the "love interest" had been extracted from the formula, but even so, at the expense of the undeniable power of the offering, every moment gets a pre-established air of jocularity, unconcern, and wisecrack; the first hour is an intermittent laugh-out-loud enjoyment that beyond becoming the greatest feminine movie teaching (feat) of 2018, managing to be an enjoyable film, which bases its strengths in a glamorous comedian again. "I Feel Pretty" by Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein mislays its raison d'être halfway through and confuses its crucial purposes, but in reward, proposes a feel-good pastime mainly by the undeniable charisma of the leading lady and the absurdly hilarious core story. This is neither her new "Trainwreck" nor the feature film that will redirect the high rate of men and women who have low self-esteem because of an increasingly facile and indolent society, as it squanders the powerful messages that could have produced. Leastwise, we're not in front of a flashy cinematographic hodgepodge, this is a disoriented film that never looked itself in the mirror to know what its main strengths were, it understands how to use just a few, others are practically nonexistent.

Teen, 14 years old Written byninnanumma May 6, 2018

Kid, 12 years old May 4, 2018

Extremely funny

I saw this with my friend and we could not stop laughing! Even the guy next to me was laughing the loudest. It was innapropriate at certain times and there is some swearing. There is a scene where Renee was at club with her ‘boyfriend’ and she pours drinks all over herself.

Teen, 15 years old Written byBonde rose June 30, 2018

C+

as far as comedy goes, it's pretty much like every other Amy Schumer movie. it has a really good meaning behind it and leaves you feeling great about yourself by the end. I wish it was an all-around better movie though, in all ways (except the focus on body image and beauty, which is wonderful) it is exactly like every other Amy Schumer rom-com movie. you can see exactly where the movie is going from the start. you could just watch the trailer and know everything about this movie from start to finish. the only reason I would recommend this movie is the important message behind it that I think more movies should have, I do wish that it was a better acted and written movie that the message could be behind but nevertheless its good to have a movie that does talk about these things. THINGS PARENTS NEED TO KNOW: she dances on a small stage in a bar with small shorts and a tied up shirt, its a bikini contest so there are some other women in bikinis. there's one scene wear shes completely naked but you can only really see the outline of her. There's one sex scene but nothing is really shown, it's not that serious either, it will make you laugh. a few kisses. the occasional cursing, as every movie does. this is a fine movie and I'm glad I watched it but I wouldn't want to watch it again.

Written byAnonymous May 12, 2018

I Feel Pretty Review

Teen, 15 years old Written byNadia Cloud January 2, 2019

Funny movie with great messages!

This is a good movie if you enjoy chick flicks. I recommend this for 13 and older because of partial nudity and sex references. Do recommend.

Teen, 13 years old Written by-Artemis December 2, 2018

Made me feel so good...

Sure, it’s maybe a bit inappropriate for younger kids, and the language is fairly strong, but this film just made me feel so good about myself - about how confident Renee became just by believing that she looked good.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKmorales004 August 25, 2018

Funny movie with a great message!

Me and my friends watched this movie with my parents and it was good. There were bits and pieces that were inappropriate but it really wasn't that bad. I would recommend this to people end of middle school and above it makes you feel great!

Teen, 16 years old Written byFilmfanatic_ August 12, 2018

Predictable but heartwarming

A fun yet simple movie about self-esteem. A good movie, but more of a Redbox rental than a theater worthy film.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykaliweb July 27, 2018

Really Great Movie

This movie was a little bit raunchy at times, mostly one scene but nothing too terrible. It contains a little innuendo and some language, but overall this movie has a wonderful and empowering message and I think all women and girls should see this. Schumer is inspirational and gives this movie some great humor as always. Definitely watch this.

Teen, 15 years old Written byAshleyyy July 3, 2018

Such an wonderous message

This is definestly one of the top 10 best movies ever! It shows the complexity of how people precive themselves and how you don’t need to look like a supermodel to be beautiful and confident. There are so many humerous moments and allows you see deep into yourself. There is a sex scene, yet it is very short and not very intimate, and that is the only part you may want to fast forward around your kids. Over this is a 10/10 movie and I honestly feel so inspired to love myself and join soul cycling :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byhelenamacdonald May 12, 2018

with a few tweaks would have been perfect

Good role models about appearance and how to feel good about yourself. Some scenes are not suitable for young children. Overall a great perspective on life .