All parent member reviews for I Know What You Did Last Summer

Adult Written by90210fan February 1, 2011

Love it not real bad compared to. The new scary movies
Parent Written byBishop Loves Gir October 18, 2011

A legendary Movie!

yes this movie is violent but kids have seen worse.Cursing is what you really have to worry about.You barely see the characters be killed and its brief and a little scary.some jump-out-of-your-seat moments but its a really fun and good movie you will love it!
Adult Written bydrymarc67 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bywonder dove November 9, 2012

4 stars out of 5!!!

This is probably one of the tamer horror films that are more appropriate for younger 15+ teens. '90's movies are the best - wish they still made them this way! This one is fun and scary but not over-the-top gruesome. Four best friends go wild after graduation and one of them drinks a little too much, causing a car ride to spiral out of control and accidentally hitting a man. Disturbed and confused, one member decides to throw the body into the sea to avoid going to jail and ruining their future. Each agrees even though they are not aware that the man is still alive - only to come back a year later for revenge. There are plenty of scary scenes, especially the chase scene. Quite a bit of violence, like any horror (stabbings, car chase, getting hooked, being terrorized with notes, a body with bugs is found in a car trunk...etc). Sexual content is minimal - There is some making out on a beach, mild sex talk, brief comment about breasts. Language isn't as bad or frequent as today's films...the occasional "f" word, sh*t, d@mn, @sshole. Some drinking by teens in the beginning. The sequel is also pretty good but a lot more violent and gory. This one gets a 4/5 from me!!
Adult Written bySwiftyROCKS097 September 4, 2012

Descent but does the book little good:I

I saw this movie for the first time when I was 15(Male). This movie was very bloody and violent. I jumped multiple times. It was very graphic when the Fisherman cut his victims with a fishing hook(spewn blood shown) I did not think the movie did the book much good
Parent Written by@@@ December 16, 2011

Disappointing

I wish it was "intense," but this film didn't scare me. Don't worry, it isn't that violent.
Adult Written bycrap April 9, 2008

what kind of horror is this! a good one!

this movie is unenjoyable -- but I am older than your kids
Adult Written bySpud April 9, 2008

Very intense

Bad language is probably the main reason for the "R" rating. Most expletives are obscenities used by the least-likable member of the group, but other protagonists use occasional obscenities. This movie has a lot of PG13-grade cussing, also. There are probably around eight or nine "A" words, and almost as many "S" words. The movie isn't continuously violent, but there are three scenes where the violence gets gross. One guy gets hooked in the throat, and then dragged off by the hook in his neck. Another guy gets hooked in the midsection and blood seeps out of his mouth. One character's blood is seen splashing against a glass door, then you see her getting dragged off by a hook. Those three scenes are the only ones that get really graphic. If you could handle the violent scenes in Final Destination, you can probably handle I Know What You Did Last Summer.