Male bonding comedy is very crude -- but good-hearted.

Adult Written bywallaceson August 28, 2009
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byParent and Son ... April 6, 2009

Great movie but one for the mature ones

Since my child id very mature for his age, This wasnt a problem for y kid but other parents might be concerned about innapropriate language
Adult Written byFancyChristine15 October 7, 2010

Very funny movie for older teens and adults

This movie is hilarious! There is quite a bit of cursing and talking about sex but it is really funny. I would recommend it for older teens and adults.
Adult Written byCrabluvr April 10, 2009
Overall a pretty good movie! For more mature teens.
Parent of a 16 and 17 year old Written bylmcconnell September 6, 2009

Very Disappointed

The language was horrible. The first 5 minutes they used the f-word more times than I could count. Why ruin a good movie with language like that.?
Parent Written byZhash August 29, 2012

It could have been a lot funnier!

I Love You, Man is Rated R for pervasive language, including crude and sexual references. This film contains non-stop use of adult language. Pervasive profanity/offensive language and frequent, or even pervasive use of strong crude sexual dialogue and references are present. Overall, the film wasn't nearly as funny as I would have wanted it to be. Recommended for adults and mature teenagers only.
Adult Written byPhilly30 April 2, 2009

Loved It!

Great fun movie---love Paul Rudd---some crude high school moments---but overall good film. Recommend for 16+ or a mature 15 year old.
Adult Written byStudent of truth January 11, 2016

amazing

this movie is funny and so ful of heart it is just two est bros and its hilarous
Adult Written byilikemusik23 August 13, 2009

Good movie to watch with a best friend

i thought it was a very funny movie and it deffintly had some good messages, but there is also a lot of swearing and sexual jokes throughout the movie which may not be approproite for some. Some of the role models in it arent very good either espically Jason Segals chracter. But it deffintly had a good message to it about being a good friend and also why it is important to have them. I say it's ok for high schoolers just be warned about some of the language in the movie.
Parent of a 1, 3, 12, and 16 year old Written byNikkiV April 20, 2009

Not up to par

There is an incredible amount of really obvious product placement in the movie from Volkswagon to Apple's iPhone to Heiniken beer. This seemed like a movie with middle school jokes for a middle-aged audience. It was a comedy without any funny people. All the comedy comes from people being extremely awkward, and most of the humor is based on Paul Rudd saying nonsense. This was close to being a good movie, but instead of taking the time to make it something to be proud of they said, let's just get it out there and make money.
Adult Written byJohnDoe April 10, 2009
Adult Written bybganias March 30, 2009
While the story line is a cute one and there are some genuine adult laughs, I felt that the sexual cont4ent and the language was gratuitous. The times when I laughed the hardest were at those moments when the characters stuck to the plot, without the stuff that would have made me cringe if kids had been there. I'm not sure I didn't cringe without kids there . . .