Parent of a 9 year old Written bymauriciob1 January 13, 2016

Deeper than it seems

It is a great movie to start the following discussions: * are we getting dumber? * are we getting shallower? * what motivates our political choices (or, why was camacho elected)? * do we truly understand the technology around us? (but it has electrolytes!!) * are tv shows getting better? (are we going towards "man getting kicked..."?) Surprisingly few movies raise these questions and even though this is mostly a visual comedy, bits from this movie will stay with grown ups for a long time. Not for young kids but older teens might understand the subtle messages behind all the fart jokes.
Adult Written byAlmost Normal July 31, 2012

Some great movies are just not for kids.

This is one of the funniest movies of all time, because it feels like it could really happen. But it's not for kids. There is some cursing (but not as much as many other films with the same rating), and sexual things are discussed and implied (but fortunately never shown on screen). It's just some dark humor about stupid people. We've all thought deep down at some point that the "wrong" people are having all the kids. This takes that premise and runs with it; all of the educated people are putting off having kids sometimes until it's too late, and the trailer trash breed like rabbits, resulting in a collapsed society where no one knows how to deal with basic problems anymore. It's kind of related to a science fiction work called "The Marching Morons." Again, I wouldn't show it to kids, but your adult friends will think this is hilarious while at the same time fearing for humanity.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byCattail March 12, 2010

For mature kids that understand evolution ( and popular culture) enough to joke about it

My 7th grade student covered evolution this year. This movie proposes the posibility that natural selection may be redifined for our species since we are the top of the food chain and exert such controll of our environment. And the proposition is a silly and sad statement about the social selection that we have created in our society. What if the stupid inherit the earth?