All parent member reviews for Immortals

Parent Written byJacob 11 November 12, 2011

Good

Good movie!
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygerbowski September 6, 2012

Very violent, not very good

Adult Written byjman_22g July 15, 2012

Ok

War movie with weak story line. I think it is very violent more then 300. It has 2 parts with nudity. Definitely not for children do not take them. Parents you need to realize that you are the role models and teach them right from wrong. Every generation is becoming worse with no morals or no care in the world.
Adult Written byfriedch1cken June 9, 2012

Very bloody!!

Very bloody!! There is one sexual scene.
Adult Written bychristian2011 May 17, 2012

Good movie. Violence and sexual content can be an issue.

Immortals is very similar to the movie 300, and this movie deals with the war between the gods and the titans. It contains scenes of strong, stylized bloody violence including graphic decapitations and stabbings. There's one scene where a man and a woman have sex in bed.
Adult Written byDr3w November 29, 2011

Beautiful Violence????

Immortals is a silly, very graphic film trying to mimic 300's success. The problem is that, while 300 had a decent script to go along with its brilliant visuals, Immortals relies solely on its visuals to entertain. There is not much resembling a plot here. Basically, you've got good guys and bad guys and the two are going to fight. That's the plot. Women are basically here for the sole purpose of having their virginity taken from them. This film is insidiously violent and includes several scenes with female breast nudity including a sexual scene. The violence is worse than 300 with people being killed in almost every possible way and many that are impossible. "Simply put, I've never seen anything like the violence in Immortals," writes John Wigler on mtv's "Splash Page." "It's some of the most beautiful violence I've ever witnessed on the big screen." Beautiful violence? I'll let other reviewers tell me what that's supposed to mean. SUMMARY: Immortals is a film full of excesses and is a poor viewing choice for anyone, much less families.
Parent Written byhgbasibgbhhsihu November 27, 2011

Good movie for right crowd

Very very violent, graphic battle sequences. But a positive message.
Adult Written bydjpwall November 27, 2011

Probly should have waited to redbox

This movie was amazing as far as the action goes. storyline left some to be desired. If another half hour of dialoge had be in the movie to round out the storyline then it would have been good. The slow motion fighting was pretty good but it was just a take from 300 which we all saw, and the excessive head explosions when the gods were fighting, while cool at first, got kinda old after the first or second time. Ya see a woman butt, and you "see" a sexual position but nothing more than the guy on top of the girl and some passionate kissing. B*astard and Wh*re are used in the movie maybe a hand full of times but no major swears There is some mutilation that is seen on screen one step up from what is seen on CSI or Law and Order SVU
Parent Written byolgalevi November 25, 2011

Not for women and kids for sure!

I was disgusted and my 11 and 9 year old boys were as well. We left after 20 minutes. They wanted to see this movie for a month, along with my husband, but it was nothing of what they expected. They liked "Clash of Titans", but this is so different. Bad story line, inaccurate retelling of mythology, various parts of the bodies get chopped off almost every 5 seconds in a very naturalistic way.
Parent Written byAlternative Mom November 19, 2011

dark violence

The violence - in particular the torture (overt and implied) in the Sybillian Temple is very dark and realistic. I saw 300, and there was nothing like this in that film. It made even me uncomfortable. I had to leave after about 30 min with two 13 year olds (they heartily agreed).
Adult Written byCyraxPredator November 13, 2011